Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

1 hour ago, KBB said:

Need to beg clubs for loans. We need to go cap in hand to man utd and beg them to loan us someone like elanga for nothing. It wont happen but we really need to explore every possible available avenue.

We are desperate for quality. Forget the whole developing other teams youngsters arguement for a minute. We need quality to survive.

We need a centre forward - they generally don’t come free 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We need a centre forward - they generally don’t come free 

Agree. Rooney will have to pull in every favour he can possibly have. Man utd and elanga would be our best bet I think. Rooney is a legend there and is quite close to ole and fletcher so that might give us a foot through the door. Once through the door Rooney basically needs to break down in tears and beg for them to give us a player.

We desperately need another CF now as CZR can't play 46 + games a season. If we can't get Delap on loan, who do we go for though?

We could also do with another CB, I'd like to think we could get Mengi again for his pace.

Edited by Ram1988

9 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

We desperately need another CF now as CZR can't play 46 + games a season. If we can't get Delap on loan, who do we go for though?

We could also do with another CB, I'd like to think we could get Mengi again for his pace.

It sounds like Wayne would like to loan Mengi, Garner and Delap, along with sign Jagielka and Baldock. That would give us depth at both CB and ST.

While it seems incredibly unlikely, Wayne must have some assurances from Man Utd and the trialists that at least some of that could happen. As we know though, it all comes down to Mel sorting out the embargo with the EFL and getting it lifted.

Based on that, it’s likely we miss out on most or all of those.

37 minutes ago, r4derby said:

It sounds like Wayne would like to loan Mengi, Garner and Delap, along with sign Jagielka and Baldock. That would give us depth at both CB and ST.

While it seems incredibly unlikely, Wayne must have some assurances from Man Utd and the trialists that at least some of that could happen. As we know though, it all comes down to Mel sorting out the embargo with the EFL and getting it lifted.

If, and this is a massive if, we managed to get Mengi, Delap and Garner, I would happily miss out on Baldock. 

Jagielka is a must. 

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

If we were 'willing' to give all the trialists contracts, do that imply we will spend more money on players? If the embargoes are lifted we can spend as we wish.

Anyone ( @Ghost of Clough?) know what happens when we hand over (I'm assuming we will!) our redone P&S and accounts by/on the 18th August? Does the embargo change immediately, do we have to clear our HMRC 'debts' to be totally free or does the EFL control our transfers until they've passed the P&S?

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we were 'willing' to give all the trialists contracts, do that imply we will spend more money on players? If the embargoes are lifted we can spend as we wish.

Anyone ( @Ghost of Clough?) know what happens when we hand over (I'm assuming we will!) our redone P&S and accounts by/on the 18th August? Does the embargo change immediately, do we have to clear our HMRC 'debts' to be totally free or does the EFL control our transfers until they've passed the P&S?

HMRC needs to be cleared too, but there's a chance the EFL could offer some leeway.

Although, in the event of a P&S failure we will be straight back under embargo - I doubt this will be the case tbh

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

HMRC needs to be cleared too, but there's a chance the EFL could offer some leeway.

Although, in the event of a P&S failure we will be straight back under embargo - I doubt this will be the case tbh

Is what Nixon says true?

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm not sure what he's saying.

Once restrictions are lifted, every comtract MUST include a possible extension? First time ive ever heard that 

I think he was asked what is to stop us increasing the wages of those who signed on £4.5/week contracts. He replies those contracts would have to include 'contract extensions' to increase their wages?

3 hours ago, r4derby said:

I would definitely be happy if we could bring in Mengi, Garner and Delap. 

I would like to sign Jagielka but I think Mengi is needed more than him due to his pace. Otherwise if you just had any two of Davies, Stearman and Jagielka you don't don't have much pace there and can be left vulnerable.

I probably wouldn't bother with Baldock if we could get Delap, however I do think as we need another CF so he would be better than no one to provide cover and give CKR the occasional rest.

12 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I don’t think Richards can even play 90 mins to be honest - I would take Jagielka if we could and I do agree that Mengi has pace but I am sure Man United would insist that he plays which might not be to our preferred options. If we are going to develop a centre half we might as well give Cashin his opportunity to step in when the older centre half’s need help or a rest. 

21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t think Richards can even play 90 mins to be honest - I would take Jagielka if we could and I do agree that Mengi has pace but I am sure Man United would insist that he plays which might not be to our preferred options. If we are going to develop a centre half we might as well give Cashin his opportunity to step in when the older centre half’s need help or a rest. 

Did anyone else see the tweet last night with a 'snip' of a deleted DCFC tweet seeming to announce Jags? I didn't put it up because I assumed it was photoshopped, but I've seen others mentioning it?

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I am not a Twitter type of person hopefully something will be on teletext 

"In short, the new version of Teletext is only viewable if the TV is connected to the internet." I didn't know that, keep an eye out then. ?

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

If, and this is a massive if, we managed to get Mengi, Delap and Garner, I would happily miss out on Baldock. 

Jagielka is a must. 

57 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I would definitely be happy if we could bring in Mengi, Garner and Delap. 

I would like to sign Jagielka but I think Mengi is needed more than him due to his pace. Otherwise if you just had any two of Davies, Stearman and Jagielka you don't don't have much pace there and can be left vulnerable.

I probably wouldn't bother with Baldock if we could get Delap, however I do think as we need another CF so he would be better than no one to provide cover and give CKR the occasional rest.

Those 3 loans could be a huge lift for us. But temporary, so would need to make financial sense to us.

Jagielka and Mengi are both still important, I think, as injuries and suspensions can add up and CB is one of the most important positions. Similarly to the centre forward spot, we’re not sure how many minutes CKR can play effectively, so to have different options will be important. Baldock and Delap would both offer something different, along with Stretton.

Rooney has mentioned that we are looking at other players who haven’t trained with us yet, so that gives me hope that there are other names. The squad does need to grow slightly.