Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

3 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Read Jack Wilshere’s interview with David Ornstein. A lot of it was fairly obvious comments made to look like big scoops - of course he regrets leaving Arsenal! But the interesting revelation is that no club is interested in him.

If he bought his (presumed) high wage demands down and proved he is injury free, would you want Jack to come and play here?

Rooney was looking at Carroll and wanted to sign him, before he went to Ipswich. If Wayne wants a neat and tidy midfielder who can keep possession, Jack has proven himself to be much more talented than Tom C. He also had the ability to break forward and be a creative spark a couple of seasons ago. I would like to think he would add something to our squad.

Would love him to play for Derby, same as Ravel Morrison, he has a point to prove. The only the issue for me is , if he came in where would he play?

Our Centre Mid department is stacked! I know you can always improve but, Bird and Shinnie have started the season brilliantly (I am a massive Bird critic) Bielik and Knight waiting to come back, I am just unsure where he would fit and obviously if he could stay fit 

Edited by EraniosSocks

6 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

Would love him to play for Derby, same as Ravel Morrison, he has a point to prove. The only the issue for me is , if he came in where would he play?

Our Centre Mid department is stacked! I know you can always improve but, Bird and Shinnie have started the season brilliantly (I am a massive Bird critic) Bielik and Knight waiting to come back, I am just unsure where he would fit and obviously if he could stay fit 

Bielik is half a season away, by the sounds of it, and Knight seems to be earmarked as one of the 3 further forward positions behind the striker. Bird and Shinnie have been excellent for parts of this early season, but competition is so important. What if 1 of them goes down with season ending injury - is Hutchinson or J Brown ready for first team regular spot? Can Watson play a deeper CM role consistently?

I think if we bought Jack Wilshere in, we would find a way to rotate the CM’s, giving Wayne the chance to manage their game time and give them some important rest.

7 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

Amazingly we only look short of players if we get Injuries. A small injury free squad has its advantages.

Apparently Troy Deeney is after terminating his contract at Watford in search of regular football... 

I know we can't sign anyone at the minute for various reasons etc. but I'd be straight on the phone to him if I were WR and he became available (and restrictions were lifted).

Edited by Black ('n' White) Sheep

8 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Apparently Troy Deeney is after terminating his contract at Watford in search of regular football... 

I know we can't sign anyone at the minute for various reasons etc. but I'd be straight on the phone to him if I were WR and he became available (and restrictions were lifted).

He’ll have offers coming out of his ears, no chance he’d come here