Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

11 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Jon Obi Mikel released by Stoke.

Possible option to keep an eye on as cover for Bielik?

Davies-Mikel-Kazim would at least give us an experienced spine to work around.

I think he has undoubtedly been a useful player in the past but would wonder why Stoke are getting rid. 

Would imagine his wages would be prohibitive. 

Also at 36, 34 and 34 that would be a spine as creaky as mine! 

19 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Jon Obi Mikel released by Stoke.

Possible option to keep an eye on as cover for Bielik?

Davies-Mikel-Kazim would at least give us an experienced spine to work around.

How much do you think he is on? By all accounts hasn’t done much there anyway…

Sergio Ramos, Jerome Boateng and Messi all available on frees.  

Just saying… ?

None of them need the cash and might want to help their mate out, however based on the rules, two of them might not get work permits!  (That would be our luck, that they agree to join and then fail to get one!!)

I do wonder if behind the scenes we do have incoming players pretty much lined up & done but we need the embargo lifted so we can fulfill the contracts we have offered them? Although you would think Mengi's wages would fall under the embargo amount so could be announced sooner but I'm sure I read previously that United were waiting to see what division we're in so maybe that loan deal rests on the EFL's appeal.

59 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think he has undoubtedly been a useful player in the past but would wonder why Stoke are getting rid. 

Would imagine his wages would be prohibitive. 

Also at 36, 34 and 34 that would be a spine as creaky as mine! 

I live in Stoke and lots of my mates are Stoke fans. All moan about him getting around the pitch and no turn of pace and gets bypassed in midfield. Sounds like huddlestone without the passing ability. I’d stay away and he was on over 30 thousand a week 

First time I've had a proper look at the out of contract players knocking about, that we could sign within Brexit Britain. It's not a great list. 

I've never been a fan, but honestly I'm looking at Berardi as someone who can play across the back four and thinking it's genuinely just about getting the bodies in. Fuchs, perhaps he fancies staying local? I'd even give Pablo Hernandez a call to see if he fancies another crack at the Championship. 

The likes of Reach, Diedhiou, Assombalonga, etc are going to be highly sought after as out of contract players make perfect commercial sense in the current climate. I think they will be pushed above what we're ultimately allowed to offer. 

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

I live in Stoke and lots of my mates are Stoke fans. All moan about him getting around the pitch and no turn of pace and gets bypassed in midfield. Sounds like huddlestone without the passing ability. I’d stay away and he was on over 30 thousand a week 

Exactly what my Potters season ticket holder mate says...

34 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

First time I've had a proper look at the out of contract players knocking about, that we could sign within Brexit Britain. It's not a great list. 

I've never been a fan, but honestly I'm looking at Berardi as someone who can play across the back four and thinking it's genuinely just about getting the bodies in. Fuchs, perhaps he fancies staying local? I'd even give Pablo Hernandez a call to see if he fancies another crack at the Championship. 

The likes of Reach, Diedhiou, Assombalonga, etc are going to be highly sought after as out of contract players make perfect commercial sense in the current climate. I think they will be pushed above what we're ultimately allowed to offer. 

Not many on that list that wouldn’t need FA permission to register in the UK now 

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not many on that list that wouldn’t need FA permission to register in the UK now 

Anyone to have played in at least 30% of the minutes in the English, Spanish, German, Italian or French top divisions last season automatically qualifies.

Anyone to have played in at least 40% of the minutes in the Championship, Portuguese, Dutch, Belgian and Turkish leagues automatically qualify.

Anyone to have played in at least 80% of the minutes in the Russian, Brazillian, Argentinian, Mexican or Scottish top divisions automatically qualify.

15 points are required to qualify, with additional points earned for:

• international appearances
  • continental appearances
  • continental progression
  • league finishing position

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Anyone to have played in at least 30% of the minutes in the English, Spanish, German, Italian or French top divisions last season automatically qualifies.

Anyone to have played in at least 40% of the minutes in the Championship, Portuguese, Dutch, Belgian and Turkish leagues automatically qualify.

Anyone to have played in at least 80% of the minutes in the Russian, Brazillian, Argentinian, Mexican or Scottish top divisions automatically qualify.

That's very helpful.

29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What about players from the good old US of A? 

Is it possible Wayne and the new owners might be able to bring a few across? 

2 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Sergio Ramos, Jerome Boateng and Messi all available on frees.  

Just saying… ?

None of them need the cash and might want to help their mate out, however based on the rules, two of them might not get work permits!  (That would be our luck, that they agree to join and then fail to get one!!)

Did you actually say it or did you mime it????

21 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

What about players from the good old US of A? 

Is it possible Wayne and the new owners might be able to bring a few across? 

They're band 4.

6 points for the league.
Up to 6 points for league minutes (90%+)

So they need another 3 points either from continental competition (up to 4 points if 90% minutes and final) or from national team games

A key one is national team where you can automatically pass if you're a regular of a top 50 world rankings nation (currently includes Costa Rica, Ghana, Egypt, Jamaica, Korea)