Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Then I think you'll be disappointed as it's extremely unlikely we'll make that many signings.

We signed 5 in Jan so see no reason why we wont make more than that this summer? Situation hasn't changed in terms of the embargo.

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

We signed 5 in Jan so see no reason why we wont make more than that this summer? Situation hasn't changed in terms of the embargo.

You don't remember the poster commenting how stupid Rooney was having more than 5 loans cos you can't play more than 5 at a time?! ?

I hope we make a couple of 'sensible' signings and at least 5 loans. Hoping there's a 'star striker' waiting to be found tbh.

Looking at the squad list realistically we need 4 cb's, 2 cm's, 2 or 3 centre forwards and 1 or 2 wingers. That's an absolutely huge task that sits in front of us considering how close we are to the pre-season. I know lampard brought in players late but this is a task of a whole other order. I'd be comforted by Pearce's words if the running of the club hadn't turned into such a shambles in recent years but since it has I'm waiting for actions to happen as opposed to statements. 

35 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Looking at the squad list realistically we need 4 cb's, 2 cm's, 2 or 3 centre forwards and 1 or 2 wingers. That's an absolutely huge task that sits in front of us considering how close we are to the pre-season. I know lampard brought in players late but this is a task of a whole other order. I'd be comforted by Pearce's words if the running of the club hadn't turned into such a shambles in recent years but since it has I'm waiting for actions to happen as opposed to statements. 

I think realistically we need 5 additions in the short term, 2 centre backs, a midfielder and 2 strikers. That should make us just about competitive. Then strengthen further in January ?

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think realistically we need 5 additions in the short term, 2 centre backs, a midfielder and 2 strikers. That should make us just about competitive. Then strengthen further in January ?

With the amount of free agents we could potentially sign a couple once the transfer window shuts. I can see Rooney getting 5 loans in plus a few frees

12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Personally, I'd be wanting back ups in case injuries crop up; we don't really have a realistic option for cb who isn't from the youth team atm, I am far from convinced about Bielik's fitness and depending on the formation we need 3 strikers to avoid relying on CKR like last year. 

54 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

For 1 position... with Kazim and Stretton already on the books... ?

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

depending on the formation it could be 2 positions. Stretton's only football besides 1 game with us has been non-league... he's not ready for championship football. 

Yorkshire examiner links us with offering trials to old cast offs ...

Jagielka was released by Sheffield United this summer and played 16 times in his second stint with the Blades, generally showing himself to be a steady hand still in the top flight when called upon at the age of 38.

Stearman meanwhile is now 33 years old and has been let go by Huddersfield Town, despite playing 21 times for the Terriers in the Championship last season.

O

22 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

1 position, why’s that? Is it all our goal scoring wingers we have meaning we absolutely have to play 433? Absolutely we need at least 2 forwards, the ones we have on the books are bottom 4 standard at best. 

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Yorkshire examiner links us with offering trials to old cast offs ...

Jagielka was released by Sheffield United this summer and played 16 times in his second stint with the Blades, generally showing himself to be a steady hand still in the top flight when called upon at the age of 38.

Stearman meanwhile is now 33 years old and has been let go by Huddersfield Town, despite playing 21 times for the Terriers in the Championship last season.

O

We are in deep trouble. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I wonder if that's what Leicester fans said when the were stuck with Morgan?

Wes Morgan is currently 37 and has just retired. Jagielka is 38. We don't need any more journeymen. We currently have loads of players under 20 and seemingly a lot of players over 30. The squad is a mess. I know I can't expect much but come on, we are in trouble if we are signing these cast offs. 

25 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Wes Morgan is currently 37 and has just retired. Jagielka is 38. We don't need any more journeymen. We currently have loads of players under 20 and seemingly a lot of players over 30. The squad is a mess. I know I can't expect much but come on, we are in trouble if we are signing these cast offs. 

Don't be daft, signing a couple of experienced pros on short deals, when we've lots of youngsters and a shortage in certain positions ain't the same as paying silly money for players like Anya and Blackman.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't be daft, signing a couple of experienced pros on short deals, when we've lots of youngsters and a shortage in certain positions ain't the same as paying silly money for players like Anya and Blackman.

What we wouldn’t give for a Paul McGrath like figure, dodgy knees and all!!!!