Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

4 minutes ago, KBB said:

Sorry mate I was just thinking out loud really and wondering what part of our current situation would make signing Gayle possible at all.

Think you are champagne shopping with a tap water budget, let alone lemonade budget.

Like the analogy. What player types are on the tap water budget? 
Is CKR for example tap water or <tap water?

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Like the analogy. What player types are on the tap water budget? 
Is CKR for example tap water or <tap water?

Yep. We will have to take players who are massively out of favour, massively out of form, unproven in the english league system, cheap punts from lower leagues and players in the twilight of their careers.

It's difficult but there can be gems in there. Will be hit and miss (thinking nigel clough style)

Taking players from prem sides, currently on large wages, who will walk into every other team in the division, probably wont be our strategy.

Depends what his situation  is at Newcastle. A loan deal could be possible. If we do get the mystical takeover potentially we could actually buy a player! That being said I'm not sure where we are in regards to the EFL with actually making singings at this point. 

With us being in an embargo pretty much since last Jan surely everyone we have signed since either on loan or permanent all surely were within the embargo 11.5k limit? 

The only 2 that possibly werent are Byrne & Jozwiak as the embargo was removed for those 2 signings as per the IDC report

The transfer embargo continues to allow Derby to sign players on a free transfer or on loan, but the club is not allowed to spend any money on transfer fees and players' wages must be sensible.

Clubs can also show that there is a bona fide need to strengthen and that there is room within the squad to add players.

For instance, as things stand, Derby are too weak in every area and have less than the required number of senior contracted players at the club for next season, so they would be allowed reinforcements.

Clubs have to operate under a squad size - believed to be 23 established players - although that does not include academy players under 21.

The senior squad at Derby currently stands at less than that.

Clubs under embargo are allowed to add to the squad where they have fewer than 23 established players.

The problem then is will Mel spend any money on players either on free transfers, loans or perms.

On 03/07/2021 at 23:59, Big Trav said:

Come across this on Twitter earlier. This lad has pointed out some good targets here. 

I think he's being a bit optimistic with 9 signings (8 really as Davies is one of them)

With out budget, I'm struggling to see beyond 6 signings. 2 CBs (+ Davies), possibly DM (Bielik cover), 2 wingers, 1 CF

I genuinely don't think we'll sign anyone until/if the takeover happens. If we don't we are nailed on for relegation and probably 24th position irrespective of any points deductions we may get. Sorry wanted to be positive what with all the positivity around England and the Euro's and the knowledge we'll be in the Championship for another season but until a takeover happens we're still very much in the poo short-medium term. 

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

The transfer embargo continues to allow Derby to sign players on a free transfer or on loan, but the club is not allowed to spend any money on transfer fees and players' wages must be sensible.

Clubs can also show that there is a bona fide need to strengthen and that there is room within the squad to add players.

How do you know that? The LAP report says during the 'soft embargo' we signed two players. So why not again?

We need 10 players, really. 

Ignoring the younger players on the periphery for the moment, like Stretton, Watson, etc, focusing purely on what we have going into the next season. 

We currently have: 

GK - Marshall & Roos.
DF - Buchanan, Forsyth, Byrne.
MF - Shinnie, Bielik, Jozwiak, Bird, Lawrence, Sibley & Knight.
ST - Kazim-Richards. 

I would say even from a numbers point of view, without losing anyone, we would need at least 5 defenders, a couple of midfielders and a few strikers. 

Almost an impossible job. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know that? The LAP report says during the 'soft embargo' we signed two players. So why not again?

I don't think we're under a soft embargo currently, at least from my understanding. The DET seemed to confirm we can only sign players out of contract or on loan through very specific terms. 

56 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't think we're under a soft embargo currently, at least from my understanding. The DET seemed to confirm we can only sign players out of contract or on loan through very specific terms. 

How do the DET know that?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

How do the DET know that?

I suspect they confirmed it with the club, amidst the confusion of our situation. 

Derby are still operating under a transfer embargo as part of their long-running dispute with the EFL. The Rams are able to sign players on a free transfer or on loan with the approval of the EFL as long as wages fall within the embargo-compliant limit. Clubs have to operate under a squad size, believed to be 23 established players which does not include Academy players under 21. Clubs under embargo are allowed to add to the squad where they have less than 23 established players.

In an update they mentioned the club are in talks with the EFL to find a resolution regarding the embargo and our inability to sign players. It's due to us not posting our accounts, nevermind the ones we have to repost. All a bit of a mess! 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I suspect they confirmed it with the club, amidst the confusion of our situation. 

In an update they mentioned the club are in talks with the EFL to find a resolution regarding the embargo and our inability to sign players. It's due to us not posting our accounts, nevermind the ones we have to repost. All a bit of a mess! 

Yes, but it's also been suggested that it's due to other matters as well as accounts. I'm still not sure anyone is 100% certain what is acceptable to the EFL signings-wise.

I suspect it is now an issue of ;

a) We want to sign best players possible and they will be weighing up the options they have. They will also have doubts about Derby’s position.

b) Has MM actually given any budget at all before takeover?

So even with no embargo, should we be surprised there is no transfer action.

This is how I'm expecting the squad to look for the coming season.

GK: Roos, Marshall
RB: Byrne, Ebosele/McDonald
CB: CB, CB, Davies, Solomon/Cashin/JBrown
LB: Buchanan, Forsyth
CM: Knight, Bird
CM: Shinnie, Bielik, CM
AM: Sibley, Watson
RW: Jozwiak, RW
LW: Lawrence, LW
CF: CF, Kazim, Stretton

If we sign more than that, then we've either been taken over or sold someone.
Depending on who those 6 signings are, I'd be quite happy with that.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Stretton/Duncan ?

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Personally think we need 8-10 players depending on youth players like Brown stepping up and if Davies stays - 

CB: CB, CB, CB, CB (Davies), Solomon/Cashin/JBrown
CM: Shinnie, Bird, Knight, Bielik, CDM
AM: AM, Sibley, Watson
RW: Jozwiak, RW, Wilson
ST: ST, ST, Kazim, Stretton/Duncan

4x CBS - Mengi on loan likely who can cover RB too + Davies hopefully signs a new deal. Then 1 more on loan + 1 on a free.

We need 2 wingers with Tyree Wilson potentially pushing to be in the squad or cover for injuries/suspensions and the same for strikers with Stretton & Duncan pushing their cases.

Personally I feel like getting 5 loans & 5 on a free isn't beyond the realms of possibility and I also think that given the number of free agents and this summer's market due to covid there is a good chance of getting 5 decent free's in too.

So say for example based off a mix of players previously linked and possible options:

CB: Davies (renews)

CB: Mengi (loan)

CB: Gibson (loan)

CB: Lees (free)

CDM: Besic (free)

CAM: Garner (loan) or Pritchard (free)

RW: Mendez-Laing (free)

LW: Elanga (loan)

ST: Niasse or Wickham (free)

ST: Davis, Simms or Delap (loan)

Edited by DCFC1388