Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Anyone to have played in at least 30% of the minutes in the English, Spanish, German, Italian or French top divisions last season automatically qualifies.

Anyone to have played in at least 40% of the minutes in the Championship, Portuguese, Dutch, Belgian and Turkish leagues automatically qualify.

Anyone to have played in at least 80% of the minutes in the Russian, Brazillian, Argentinian, Mexican or Scottish top divisions automatically qualify.

15 points are required to qualify, with additional points earned for:

• international appearances
  • continental appearances
  • continental progression
  • league finishing position

Good info !

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Anyone to have played in at least 30% of the minutes in the English, Spanish, German, Italian or French top divisions last season automatically qualifies.

Anyone to have played in at least 40% of the minutes in the Championship, Portuguese, Dutch, Belgian and Turkish leagues automatically qualify.

Anyone to have played in at least 80% of the minutes in the Russian, Brazillian, Argentinian, Mexican or Scottish top divisions automatically qualify.

15 points are required to qualify, with additional points earned for:

• international appearances
  • continental appearances
  • continental progression
  • league finishing position

I thought the % appearances related to international appearances as per GBE.  Am I looking at something that is out of date?

45 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I wonder if we will be interested in NML again, we were pretty close to getting him in Jan and now he is back on a free id imagine he would still be on Rooneys radar

I think we can do better. 

I'd prefer Pigott and I hope at least one of our young forwards breaks through. 

It's make or break for Sibley this season and he will be under pressure from Stretton and (if he gets his act together) Duncan. 

NML has had lots of chances and I thought he looked unfit last season. 

Just now, Anag Ram said:

It's make or break for Sibley this season and he will be under pressure from Stretton and (if he gets his act together) Duncan. 

Stretton and Duncan are strikers, not challenging Sibley’s position are they?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Stretton and Duncan are strikers, not challenging Sibley’s position are they?

Well it's just my opinion but I don't think he has the all round game to play in midfield. He's too impetuous. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

NML plays out wide so different to Pigott, Stretton & Duncan plus Sibley is better in the 10 not out wide.

He probably was unfit season considering he missed the first half of it but he would get fitter during preseason.

Would offer a different option out wide to what we currently have.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

NML plays out wide so different to Pigott, Stretton & Duncan plus Sibley is better in the 10 not out wide.

He probably was unfit season considering he missed the first half of it but he would get fitter during preseason.

Would offer a different option out wide to what we currently have.

Not keen to be honest. I don't think he's any good and won't get better. Would be a very underwhelming signing, even in our position

My main CB target this summer would have been Atkinson but he has joined Bristol City.

My next target would be Lewis Gibson on loan from Everton. Left footed, ball playing centre half, turns 21 this month, Champ experience & ideal Clarke replacement. Hopefully Rooney can use his Everton links.

So our 4 CB options - Davies (new deal), Mengi & Gibson on loan, then an experienced Champ CB on a free, Tom Lees or Christian Kabasele (think he is on a free). Them 4 would be a decent blend of experience, youth, pace & balance.

Edited by DCFC1388

Just now, w8sey said:

Dwight Gayle can certainly do a job at championship level. Big Kaz holding them up for Gayle would be interesting. 

Anyone else want to say it or shall I?

17 minutes ago, w8sey said:

I'm not following? 

Sorry mate I was just thinking out loud really and wondering what part of our current situation would make signing Gayle possible at all.

Think you are champagne shopping with a tap water budget, let alone lemonade budget.