Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Like the quote from the ESPN interview that angieram posted.

"...it was Rooney's first live event with the media at the team's training center since his tenure as manager began more than a year ago. And there was a lot to talk about.

Rooney is only 36, but there is gray in his beard. His look is fleshy and middle-aged, heading toward Ernest Hemingway."

Whole thing is so rude!!!

7 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Whole thing is so rude!!!

What? I thought it was a very good article with some interesting snippets.

"Since the beginning, as a 16-year-old at Everton, he has absorbed as much information as he could. "I've always been a thinker of the game," he says now. "I'm a lot cleverer than people realize."

"The mindset of banding together against long odds is crucial to Derby County's success, so Rooney constantly monitors the mood of the club.

"We'll be eating lunch and he'll be looking over at a player," Rosenior said. "He'll say, 'I need to speak to him. Something's up. The way he's eating his food -- he doesn't normally eat like that.' That's the level of detail he'll go into. He can just smell it in people. It's a gift."

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We've moaned about referees pretty much every single week for as long as I've been a supporter.

It baffles me that people don't just accept that it's either a really hard job or a training/funding issue. 

It becomes a problem when you remember who the ref was when errors are made.

The fact he's had a major influence on 4 games this season alone is the reason Robinson is in a league of his own, surpassing even Twatwell.

Forest (Aug) - Missed a clear handball for a penalty
Millwall - Harsh red for Byrne when it looked more like Bennett ran into him than Byrne blocking him off
Forest (Jan) - Missing the red card for Grabban on Thompson, missing the multiple yellow card offences for Yates, Samba escaping a red for punching Lawrence, harshly sending Ravel off (especially considering other events)
Swansea - A penalty denied, despite everyone in the ground and those watching from home, could see it was a blatant penalty. Ending the game in unusual fashion.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It becomes a problem when you remember who the ref was when errors are made.

The fact he's had a major influence on 4 games this season alone is the reason Robinson is in a league of his own, surpassing even Twatwell.

Forest (Aug) - Missed a clear handball for a penalty
Millwall - Harsh red for Byrne when it looked more like Bennett ran into him than Byrne blocking him off
Forest (Jan) - Missing the red card for Grabban on Thompson, missing the multiple yellow card offences for Yates, Samba escaping a red for punching Lawrence, harshly sending Ravel off (especially considering other events)
Swansea - A penalty denied, despite everyone in the ground and those watching from home, could see it was a blatant penalty. Ending the game in unusual fashion.

EFL favourite for ref of the season

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Like the quote from the ESPN interview that angieram posted.

"...it was Rooney's first live event with the media at the team's training center since his tenure as manager began more than a year ago. And there was a lot to talk about.

Rooney is only 36, but there is gray in his beard. His look is fleshy and middle-aged, heading toward Ernest Hemingway."

Possibly the only time that Wayne Rooney and Ernest Hemingway have been heard in the same sentence.

Doing a great job in very difficult circumstances. If he’d been allowed to keep Jagielka we would have stayed up which would have been remarkable. But more than the football what he’s done for the club as a whole this season has been great to see. At times it’s seemed like he is holding the club together and keeping everyone going. Delighted it looks like he’s staying.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

He's not going turn down the Everton job and the Man Utd assistants job only to go to Burnley who will almost certainly be a Championship club next season. It'd make no sense.

When he leaves us it'll be for a much better job than Burnley.

“I have seen the links in various news articles but for me what is important is I focus on trying to keep the club [Derby] in this division and the future, my future, depends on this takeover, that needs to be completed. 

Discussing the situation, Rooney said: “There have been really positive discussions.

“It looks like it could move forward, but what we need – we have been close before – but what we need, what I need, what the fans need is to get it [the takeover] completed before we can get too carried away.”

Nice dig at Morris without being ungracious. Full of admiration for Rooney after this season, Mel left behind an absolute dumpster fire for the admins and Rooney to clean up. The admins part in this I’ll leave comments for another day, Rooney however has been unreal in his leadership, patience, diplomacy and loyalty throughout. ? ? 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Nice dig at Morris without being ungracious. Full of admiration for Rooney after this season, Mel left behind an absolute dumpster fire for the admins and Rooney to clean up. The admins part in this I’ll leave comments for another day, Rooney however has been unreal in his leadership, patience, diplomacy and loyalty throughout. ? ? 

Those photos of him consoling the young players. Heartbreaking.

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Nice to hear Rooney calling Morris out. Think he's wasted his breath as Morris could have avoided this scenario if he'd had an ounce of personal integrity but instead decided to wash his hands of the mess he created which is utterly spineless.