Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, sage said:

Yes, leaving it there, is a good exit strategy when bullpoo is pointed out. 

More the fact that it's clear we don't view things in the same way and it'll only lead to escalation and eventual insults as you've just demonstrated. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

More the fact that it's clear we don't view things in the same way and it'll only lead to escalation and eventual insults as you've just demonstrated. 

I haven't insulted you. I clearly pointed out your vindictive comprehension of the available facts and you ran off home for your tea, like a guilty schoolboy (thank you Mr Weller)

7 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think you underestimate how much cheating allegedly goes on in professional football. 

You are right to remind me. It is hard to try to imagine what happens in other circles. Besides, there's cheating going on behind the curtains of every surburban street too.

I do not like it - but cheating in private isn't my concern.

It is the potential impact upon our team. There could have been no models involved. It was the drinking, let alone being unconscious, after a defeat. The need to get the footballers to perform bring what they think is capable. The vital need to improve the coaching.

If someone is on the minimum wage - go home at the end of the day. If paid millions to lead a professional sports team, then do that job, even if the job is delivering good quality entertainment to Derby fans.

I agreed with Rooney when he said that part of Sibley's nature leads to his yellow cards - but it is good nature that makes him play as well as he does.

Footballers can get away with more questionable behaviour if they have sufficient talent.

Rooney is no longer working as a footballer. He is managing a squad of people on obscene wages (in objective terms) - and has to magically lead them to go the extra mile - to motivate them in non financial ways.

I am not saying that he should be sacked of his response is to double his efforts - and immediately demonstrate the leadership and role modelling that is going to be vital to enable a team  that is odds on favourite to be relegated.

The team are likely to lose lots of games. How to keep up their spirits. How to get them winning? More practice? More training? Clearer understanding of effective tactics? Or making it acceptable for players to spend time deadening their reaction times with alcohol - and to reward themselves after defeats.

1 hour ago, BuckoBeast said:

Put Knight out means he injured him. The manager shouldn’t be going into tackles with any of the players. It’s a managers responsibility not to injure any of his players or put them in any position to be harmed if possible. It was luck. Luck that Cardiff scored. If they didn’t we’d be down. Rooney was rubbish like the points total in the last dozen games. The league lied because if Wednesday hadn’t been deducted points we’d be gone 

Yeah, you are right. This is the very first injury ever coming from a training ground game, I’m sorry, what was I thinking..? 
Any idea what position we were in BEFORE he took over last season..? Just refresh my mind…..

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Yeah, you are right. This is the very first injury ever coming from a training ground game, I’m sorry, what was I thinking..? 
Any idea what position we were in BEFORE he took over last season..? Just refresh my mind…..

Wasn’t saying that. I’m saying with 9 senior players that are signed and fit, I think Rooney should be sensible and responsible enough for him as a manager not to go in for a tackle. Yes training ground injury between players but a manager shouldn’t be participating with so little depth in the squad. Oh yes sorry Rooney did a brilliant job. Wonder why so many of people want him out? Because he’s clueless and irresponsible cheating family man 

41 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's not making stuff up though. It's been described as a 50/50 tackle by reliable sources. In what world does it seem like a good idea when you've got 14 players on the books for an unfit, fat manager to go into a 50/50 with our best midfield player? 

I hope we get out the embargo, Mel sells up asap and the new owner clears the decks inside and out. 

It is described as 50/50 by a reliable source….! Give me strength. The “reliable source” didn’t see the tackle, of all the people involved in the training ground game probably 95% of them didn’t see the tackle, but hey let’s believe what’s wrote on Twitter because that’s never wrong…

what is he supposed to say? No lads I won’t make the numbers up because I am too old..? All ex players like Hoddle, Clough, Dalgleish, Ferguson, Wenger etc etc have played numerous training games, It happens. It’s football, people get Injured. 

and “best” midfielder…? 

It is described as 50/50 by a reliable source….! Give me strength. The “reliable source” didn’t see the tackle, of all the people involved in the training ground game probably 95% of them didn’t see the tackle, but hey let’s believe what’s wrote on Twitter because that’s never wrong…

what is he supposed to say? No lads I won’t make the numbers up because I am too old..? All ex players like Hoddle, Clough, Dalgleish, Ferguson, Wenger etc etc have played numerous training games, It happens. It’s football, people get Injured. 

and “best” midfielder…? 

John Percy is reliable and Rooney has injured a player when we are down to the bare bones. Yes other managers have trained with the squad and they haven’t injured their players. And I’m sure they had a larger fitter squad to pick from. Irresponsible and clueless 

3 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Wasn’t saying that. I’m saying with 9 senior players that are signed and fit, I think Rooney should be sensible and responsible enough for him as a manager not to go in for a tackle. Yes training ground injury between players but a manager shouldn’t be participating with so little depth in the squad. Oh yes sorry Rooney did a brilliant job. Wonder why so many of people want him out? Because he’s clueless and irresponsible cheating family man 

If a story had been put on Twitter that we only had 9 players and Rooney “flat out refused” to make up the numbers you would have been in tears crying to your mummy asking why he isn’t helping the club. 
the guy can’t win. 

Viva la Wazza.!

Just now, BuckoBeast said:

John Percy is reliable and Rooney has injured a player when we are down to the bare bones. Yes other managers have trained with the squad and they haven’t injured their players. And I’m sure they had a larger fitter squad to pick from. Irresponsible and clueless 

John Percy is a “journalist” that has broken such exclusives like the deal with the shiek being secured in 24 hours, the shiek is Man City owners cousin and the richest man on the planet, the deal will be done in 48 hours, the American deal is done, signing It off now…etc etc etc. 
see what I did there.?

John Percy is a “journalist” that has broken such exclusives like the deal with the shiek being secured in 24 hours, the shiek is Man City owners cousin and the richest man on the planet, the deal will be done in 48 hours, the American deal is done, signing It off now…etc etc etc. 
see what I did there.?

Very reliable cheers 

That video with Rosenior in the hotel room clearly shows it was an after party - there's a bunch of people, not just those women who got their arses out and tried to blackmail Rooney. I don't think adultery was necessary the proposed crime of the night, but I'll keep my powder dry before I begin to speculate...

Anyway, I reckon Rooney was being sensible and genuinely fell asleep. Victim of being high profile he gets taken advantage of.

Still unwelcome media attention for the club, which is the larger argument here, not the morals of a football manager committing adultery.

16 minutes ago, cosmic said:

That video with Rosenior in the hotel room clearly shows it was an after party - there's a bunch of people, not just those women who got their arses out and tried to blackmail Rooney. I don't think adultery was necessary the proposed crime of the night, but I'll keep my powder dry before I begin to speculate...

Anyway, I reckon Rooney was being sensible and genuinely fell asleep. Victim of being high profile he gets taken advantage of.

Still unwelcome media attention for the club, which is the larger argument here, not the morals of a football manager committing adultery.

The latest video does reduce my certainty that he was about to commit adultery from 95% to about 75%.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

3 hours ago, Anon said:

Another thing I love about this story is Wayne's insistence that he was somehow tricked. Did they tell him they had a 12 pack of sausage rolls in their hotel room?

Well it's obvious that they told Wayne they were just taking a selfie as they bared their cheeks, only to have the phone camera pointed at Wazza. 

The saucy little minxes! 

?

That Video Clearly show's there was a lot of people there. I don't think any adultery was being committed there. 

As for the Knight scenario I can Imagine it was a normal training day and he was Caught when making a challenge. It happens in football and has happened a few times to me. 

I think I am going to wait and see what the Season brings and Judge him on what he does for Derby. 

Although I do not think him or his Assistant is teaching the younger players how to behave at all and we have enough of being a boozy club, then again so are we as Fans.