Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

John Percy who wrote the story is a well regarded journalist that many trust. Tbh, for Derby county he's probably the best source we actually have. Do you think Rooney should be putting himself in a position where he could be injuring one of our few assets? Do you really think he can't recognise a 50/50 when it presents itself? Yeah, I'm sure Knight is to blame for his own injury and the manager shouldn't be level headed and realise what he should or shouldn't be doing on the training pitch... 

I think we're unlikely to see eye to eye so I'll leave it here. 

Do you think Wayne Rooney would be taking part in training at all if we have a competent owner? 

Speak to any footballer, they'll tell you training needs to be as competitive as possible whilst not malicious. So injuries will happen unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Allen said:

Honestly feel the best thing he can do is resign. I think he is one of a dwindling number who feel he can make something of the awful situation we're in. Think we need an experienced head not someone learning their trade. Having said that would love to see Curtis involved in the new setup. We desperately need to restore some pride and credibility to the club and think Curtis would help to do that whilst learning the ropes. Got a feeling he'll make a top manager one day.

At this moment in time it's not another rookie manager we need,especially one who is already a team member. We need an outsider to come in (who, i don't know) could be as dull as dishwater but that wouldn't matter so long as he got the best out of the players and stabilised the team.

Totally agree atherstoneram. Need an old experienced head in charge but would love to see Curtis involved in some shape or form. Maybe assistant player manager? Think he will make a top manager at some stage and would love to see it happen at Derby.

5 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

I think that some players, staff, and hands will be offended by the morality of the apparent situation.

The statement - from him or the club - says that no sexual activity took place.

But this statement seems wholly irrelevant!

If he can do what he likes, then it doesn't matter if he had sex. 

But if it is important to state that it is important that he did not have sex - then this implies that it does matter what he does.

Therefore, it does matter that he was doing whatever he was doing in a hotel room, to which the women nearly half his age continued to have access when he was unconscious.

Ask yourselves. Would your husband or wife accept you having sex with another person? And if not, do you think would that they would accept you falling asleep in a hotel room with one or two young and sexually attractive strangers?

From some of the comments that I have read, I will now be accused of being Amish. Maybe I am. Why should I not be?

I think that some players, staff and fans will be offended.

And if his wife and family are offended too, then it is definitely going to affect his ability to do his job and manage the team.

I think you underestimate how much cheating allegedly goes on in professional football. 

I love this argument that "he didn't do anything wrong" "he was just asleep". What do you think might have occurred in that hotel room if he hadn't fallen asleep? Married people on the forum, how would your spouse react if you met a couple of "models" in a bar and then totally innocently ended up in their hotel room?

6 minutes ago, Anon said:

I love this argument that "he didn't do anything wrong" "he was just asleep". What do you think might have occurred in that hotel room if he hadn't fallen asleep? Married people on the forum, how would your spouse react if you met a couple of "models" in a bar and then totally innocently ended up in their hotel room?

Or, to put it another way… Married people on the forum, how would you react should your partner/ wife or husband met a couple of "models" in a bar and then totally innocently ended up in their hotel room? 
That being said I wouldn’t expect for members of the general public to demand their employees to sack them because of this behaviour (no matter how despicable, misguided, untrustworthy and disrespectful) either

6 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

Looked lazy and unfit as a player

“Lazy” ?? Put down the crack pipe! One thing Rooney never was was lazy! If anything the fact he wasn’t highlighted his declining stamina and fitness. 

I’ll accept that he definitely lacked discipline and structure, throwing any gameplan away by following the football around the pitch like a playful dog and burning himself out. Lazy - definitely not. Game management “shocking” - yes

Edited by Mostyn6
Typo

1 hour ago, eccles the ram said:

If Rooney leaves who next - Joey Barton!

Lol. Indeed be careful what you wish for. 

All these saying he's done nothing, if he was so awful we'd have gone down last season. It doesn't matter who scored what when, we stayed up from being bottom of the division.

18 minutes ago, Anon said:

Lol. Have you been listening to the Pope? I seem to vaguely remember some many years ago there was an 'edict' that thinking of such things made you as guilty of them as if you'd committed them! It's his private life, and even so nothing happened. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Have you been listening to the Pope? I seem to vaguely remember some many years ago there was an 'edict' that thinking of such things made you as guilty of them as if you'd committed them! It's his private life, and even so nothing happened. 

True,the problem is that it's now the number 1 news story in some of the rags today which is pretty unwelcome to the club which already has far too much bad publicity as it is.

We could do without it.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

One thing I’ve been pondering is why Percy put the Knight story out.

Whatever the views are on the Knight injury amongst the fans, it would be interesting to know what the view of Rooney is inside the club (players and staff). Percy in the past has seemingly released information given to him from inside the club and it does make you wonder if somebody on the inside is briefing against Rooney. Pure speculation on my part. 

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

True,the problem is that it's now the number 1 news story in some of the rags today which is pretty unwelcome to the club which already has far too much bad publicity as it is.

We could do without it.

Newspaper headlines: 'Pure gold' at Olympic and tags for burglars plan - BBC News

Most of its about the Olympics. Bit on the front of the Mirror.

It's not really in the same league as Giggs or Barton. These things happen, the papers print stories. Tomorrows chip papers.

Sorry to bang on so much about Curtis Davies being part of the coaching setup at Derby but he seems to have Cocu's qualities of intelligence, dignity and class but suspect he will have something Cocu never seemed to have - what it takes to win matches in English football and the Championship in particular.

On a serious note, I wonder what the reaction would have been like if that was two young men taking inappropriate pictures in front of a woman who was asleep. The social media reaction would be quite different. Them girls knew who he was and sold the story to the paper. They might have been a couple of girls his mates were flirting with at the club and he wanted to just have a drink, relax and go home the following morning.

The double standards is awful. We need to start treating this sort of behaviour equally.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

On a serious note, I wonder what the reaction would have been like if that was two young men taking inappropriate pictures in front of a woman who was asleep. The social media reaction would be quite different. Them girls knew who he was and sold the story to the paper. They might have been a couple of girls his mates were flirting with at the club and he wanted to just have a drink, relax and go home the following morning.

The double standards is awful. We need to start treating this sort of behaviour equally.

I mean, it got out on Snapchat and Twitter... the papers didn't have it first. Secondly, and feel free to correct me if this has happened to you, but I don't tend to have a drink and relax then end up sleeping in a hotel room chair.

25 minutes ago, Allen said:

Sorry to bang on so much about Curtis Davies being part of the coaching setup at Derby but he seems to have Cocu's qualities of intelligence, dignity and class but suspect he will have something Cocu never seemed to have - what it takes to win matches in English football and the Championship in particular.

We have zero idea of Curtis Davies’ tactical nouse or managerial competence.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7