Relegation watch

Spanish

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

What, even if we beat Norwich, Blackburn, Swansea and Preston or, they both lose every other game apart from beating us? 

I know neither of those things are likely to happen but it just reinforces the point that the teams that “deserve to go down” are simply those that end up in the bottom three regardless of how they actually perform against each other. 

Yea, that hypothesis doesn't really work. If we win that I'd be seeing if the play-offs were still possible.?

5 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Rotherham have won 2 of their last 10 games and lost the  last 5 at home they have a run of 4 games  in 8 days with a small squad. Rotherham’s form is not one of a club going to get the points required and law of averages says that with such a run of games in a short space of time they will pick up injuries and be fatigued. 
I think Rovrum will struggle to get the points we have now , if they do fair play .

They've won 2 of their last 5- it basically depends on what section of form you choose to focus on. I think they'll get 4 points from the 4 games in hand but I could easily see them picking up 6 points from 4 leaving them very close to us. The fact they're playing so many teams in and around us also makes it more likely they'll pick up a few points too. We've only got 11 points from the last 12 games- and that includes a very lucky win against Wycombe so we're hardly looking like we're going to get many more points. I can't see us getting anything from Norwich or Swansea so realistically that leaves us 4 games to pick up 4 points. Given our current form that's far from assured. We're not home and dry yet.  

Sheffield Wednesday are 8 points behind us but have a game in hand and their fixtures look quite kind for them too, if they win on saturday against QPR I'd be getting more concerned about them than about Rotherham. 

28 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

They've won 2 of their last 5- it basically depends on what section of form you choose to focus on. I think they'll get 4 points from the 4 games in hand but I could easily see them picking up 6 points from 4 leaving them very close to us. The fact they're playing so many teams in and around us also makes it more likely they'll pick up a few points too. We've only got 11 points from the last 12 games- and that includes a very lucky win against Wycombe so we're hardly looking like we're going to get many more points. I can't see us getting anything from Norwich or Swansea so realistically that leaves us 4 games to pick up 4 points. Given our current form that's far from assured. We're not home and dry yet.  

Sheffield Wednesday are 8 points behind us but have a game in hand and their fixtures look quite kind for them too, if they win on saturday against QPR I'd be getting more concerned about them than about Rotherham. 

Saturday 10th April Huddersfield away

Tuesday 13th April QPR home

Thursday 15th April Coventry home

Sunday 18th April Birmingham home

Wednesday 21st April Middlesboro home

Saturday 24th April Barnsley away

Tuesday 27th Brentford away

Saturday 1st May Blackburn home

Tuesday 4th May Luton away

Saturday 8th May Cardiff away

Rotherhams fixtures.

Thats 10 games pretty much 1 game every 3 days, They'd had better not pick up any knocks, More Covid, Sendings off and had better have a large fit squad...I would have expected them to have got 3 points against Wycombe, But didn't, This division is now at the crazy stage Sheff Wed sticking 5 past Cardiff, There's more peaks and troughs than the rocky mountains in the Championship

Edited by Unlucky Alf

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Our main danger sits with our injuries accompanied by our inability to score goals ( actually that’s sums up the whole season) 

Versus Reading first game of season: 

Derby, 9 shots, 2 on target. Reading 8 shots, 3 on target.

Versus Reading, fortieth game of season:

Derby, 11 shots, 5 on target. Reading 6 shots, 3 on target. 

Not much has changed, actually. Reading are still clinical finishers, Derby still aren't. Although their goalkeeper played well yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Saturday 10th April Huddersfield away

Tuesday 13th April QPR home

Thursday 15th April Coventry home

Sunday 18th April Birmingham home

Wednesday 21st April Middlesboro home

Saturday 24th April Barnsley away

Tuesday 27th Brentford away

Saturday 1st May Blackburn home

Tuesday 4th May Luton away

Saturday 8th May Cardiff away

Rotherhams fixtures.

Thats 10 games pretty much 1 game every 3 days, They'd had better not pick up any knocks, More Covid, Sendings off and had better have a large fit squad...I would have expected them to have got 3 points against Wycombe, But didn't, This division is now at the crazy stage Sheff Wed sticking 5 past Cardiff, There's more peaks and troughs than the rocky mountains in the Championship

I am more worried about Sheff Wednesday than Rotherham though. Would not back our lot to get a point against them on the final day if it came down to it.