Relegation watch

Spanish

Quick reminder that Rotherham have a game every three days for about 2 weeks now. Their next game is on Thursday night.

It’s not a deep squad, they’ll pick up injuries and get fatigued. Not saying they’re guaranteed to go down but they’re still in a really tough position. Next two games are it for them, Cov and Birmingham, two six pointers that we’re not involved in.

We’ve noticeably improved since the break but not found the net enough. Norwich and Reading both played well, I think our form will translate into points over the next few games and will see us to the 50 point mark. I don’t think the lads are playing like they’re busy looking over their shoulder either, Rooney has them focused and performances reflect that.

Birmingham could be on 51 points by the time they play us. Swansea will be secure in the playoffs, that’s 3 games against teams potentially with nothing to play for. 

Interesting considering Blackburn’s free scoring earlier in the season, their goals have dried up since January. Their goal scoring has been on a par with us. Maybe we can poohouse a 1-0

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Quick reminder that Rotherham have a game every three days for about 2 weeks now. Their next game is on Thursday night.

It’s not a deep squad, they’ll pick up injuries and get fatigued. Not saying they’re guaranteed to go down but they’re still in a really tough position. Next two games are it for them, Cov and Birmingham, two six pointers that we’re not involved in.

We’ve noticeably improved since the break but not found the net enough. Norwich and Reading both played well, I think our form will translate into points over the next few games and will see us to the 50 point mark. I don’t think the lads are playing like they’re busy looking over their shoulder either, Rooney has them focused and performances reflect that.

Tired or not my money is on them beating Coventry on Thursday...

28 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

Eh? I haven't seen a single poster on this whole thread who has stated we are too big to go down.Not one.

We are too big to go down and also don't deserve to go down. Every game is a Champions League final now (see we already got there). We have a divine right to stay up.

If we do go down, we'll absolutely smash League One and all those little clubs will be in awe of us.  And who doesn't want to go to Wembley to see us in the Papa John's vs someone like Swansea reserves? Rooney will get his boots on again and score about 30 goals.

(This post can be used to justify how people have been posting that we are too big to go down)

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

By a point yep, think they have a slightly easier run in than us....

Mate it’s a fact we could go down .

Will it happen I have no idea. 

Hopefully it won’t. 

How concerned we should be I don’t know. 

Do the  players care enough we will soon find out. 

2 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

A new manager's honeymoon normally fades (so lets hope it does , so we can finish above Birmingham). Coventry scoring goals, well they've got 36 compared with 6 other teams thats got less and 2 of them sit in 23rd and 24th. Rotherham have only outscored 8 teams, but on the other side (defending) Coventry have conceded 56 goals only 2 teams have conceded more. Rotherham have conceded 52 only 6 teams have conceded more (and they have all played 3 games or more barring Coventry). We could be in a position where we don't score in next 2 games and walk away with 2 0-0 draws.

Weirdly having seen a few promotions and relegations over the years - I've been accurate each time to memory apart from when we lost to Blackburn - hope lightning strikes twice and I'm wrong against the same side, as I think the pressure on these players will be to much - they don't have enough character.  Even when most were pretty certain prior to the 06 playoffs we had shot our bolt I thought we would do it.  When we had to beat Millwall to stay in the division I thought we would have no problem.  The difference is those sides had determination and some cohunes and on the whole played to their strengths.

This side really needs to raise it's game over the next two and I don't think they have it in them.  Players out of contract in a few weeks, a kindergarten on the bench and playing week in/ week out and a senior squad amongst that lot that aren't leading by example bar Byrne and Clarke. Shinnie tries but is limited.  Our goals from midfield ratio is shocking and the attack is slightly better.  Finish that off with a manager who seems to offer little in terms of game management and you have another 4 points by my reckoning and we probably need 6-7.

Hope I'm wrong and they dig out 4 points from the next two to keep the wolf from the door.  The spider sense says 1-2 points at best. 

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Weirdly having seen a few promotions and relegations over the years - I've been accurate each time to memory apart from when we lost to Blackburn - hope lightning strikes twice and I'm wrong against the same side, as I think the pressure on these players will be to much - they don't have enough character.  Even when most were pretty certain prior to the 06 playoffs we had shot our bolt I thought we would do it.  When we had to beat Millwall to stay in the division I thought we would have no problem.  The difference is those sides had determination and some cohunes and on the whole played to their strengths.

This side really needs to raise it's game over the next two and I don't think they have it in them.  Players out of contract in a few weeks, a kindergarten on the bench and playing week in/ week out and a senior squad amongst that lot that aren't leading by example bar Byrne and Clarke. Shinnie tries but is limited.  Our goals from midfield ratio is shocking and the attack is slightly better.  Finish that off with a manager who seems to offer little in terms of game management and you have another 4 points by my reckoning and we probably need 6-7.

Hope I'm wrong and they dig out 4 points from the next two to keep the wolf from the door.  The spider sense says 1-2 points at best. 

I would take draws at Blackburn and Preston and then I think a win against either Brum or Wednesday should be enough....

2 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

If the Blackburn game wasn't 'must win' before, then it definitely is now.

Our run in isn't too bad on paper... but they're mostly against teams that still have something to play for. We just have to want it more than they do.

We've had must win matches for a while now and only beaten Luton.  No confidence in this squad unfortunately. I will keep my Huddersfield Sheff W and Wycombe relegation prediction but if we go down so be it, we would deserve it over the season.

53 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I still think Rotherham will stay up but I do think we need to play better than against Reading and Norwich. We need wins. Did OK in both but stupid mistakes still. A positive is I thought the movement off the ball was better against Norwich, epecially second half, we had a few options and some attacking threat.

Cut out the mistakes and we will be fine. We have conceded 4 in our last 2 games but 3 of the 4 came from silly mistakes/defending.

Also, going forward we have had 11 shots in each of the last 3 games so we have certainly improved since the international break and in our next few games we wont be coming up against as good defences as we have vs Reading & Norwich so hopefully we can score a couple like we did vs Luton.

It is in our hands, I dont care about performance, even if its a poor performance and we scrape a 1-0 like Norwich away i will be more than happy. These lads have been dismissed as having no fight etc bit if they didnt we would still be in the relegation zone. You domt win 5 in a row by not having fight & character. We need to get back to being solid in defence which is what our winning run was based on take our chances when we ge them.

Less than a month to go and I cannot wait for this season to be over.

Edited by DCFC1388

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

The results went quite well today.  ie 2 out of 3 

Rotherham had their best chance of a win tonight but then will be tired from now on. 

Rotherham have Cov and Brum next all fighting to stay up .

We can’t rely on other teams losing we need to win ourselves.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. We can’t expect every result to go our way every round of games. First and foremost, it’s still in our hands. As long as that’s the case, then we just need to concentrate on ourselves. If that becomes not the case, then I’ll worry about what everyone else is up to. 

we’re in a concerning position, no doubt, but it’s not over til the fat lady sings. Some on this thread have already heard her, apparently. But I’m pretty sure it was just the kettle whistling. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would take draws at Blackburn and Preston and then I think a win against either Brum or Wednesday should be enough....

That won’t be enough to stay up need over 50 to stay up if Rotherham win another 2 if there games in hand it will be more like 52 to stay up