Relegation watch

Spanish

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But read again a number of the earlier posts, that’s exactly what some on here are saying, no way can we go down etc etc. Hopefully we will stay up, but it is going to be very tight...

I’d say we’re in a concerning position, rather than being in trouble. There are other teams in more trouble. I would rather be in our position, right now, this evening, than:

Rotherham: got games in hand, but that’s not really worth much at the bottom of the table, especially with such a packed schedule. I’d rather have points on the board.

Huddersfield: in worse / similar form to us and with a much more difficult run in. 

Coventry: got a game in hand, but again, it’s doesn’t mean points in the bank when you’re at the bottom. 

we’d need all three of those teams to have a better final few games than us before I’m going to worry. 1 or even 2 might, but not all 3. That’s not blind faith, that’s just reasonable and realistic odds. 

on the other hand, there’s:

Birmingham: I would personally rather be in Birmingham’s position right now. But if you’re saying Coventry could catch us, then there’s also just as much chance that we could catch Birmingham. I don’t think we’ll catch Birmingham, but I also don’t think Coventry will catch us.

i bet you’ll find people on the Birmingham forum writing there hands too. But they’ll be fine, and so will we.

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

That won’t be enough to stay up need over 50 to stay up if Rotherham win another 2 if there games in hand it will be more like 52 to stay up 

You’re predicting Rotherham to get 12 more points from their 8 games? 4 wins out of 8. 

Bristol aren’t out of this yet.

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

I’d say we’re in a concerning position, rather than being in trouble. There are other teams in more trouble. I would rather be in our position, right now, this evening, than:

Rotherham: got games in hand, but that’s not really worth much at the bottom of the table, especially with such a packed schedule. I’d rather have points on the board.

Huddersfield: in worse / similar form to us and with a much more difficult run in. 

Coventry: got a game in hand, but again, it’s doesn’t mean points in the bank when you’re at the bottom. 

we’d need all three of those teams to have a better final few games than us before I’m going to worry. 1 or even 2 might, but not all 3. That’s not blind faith, that’s just reasonable and realistic odds. 

Birmingham: I would personally rather be in Birmingham’s position right now. But if you’re saying Coventry could catch us, then there’s also just as much chance that we could catch Birmingham. I don’t think we’ll catch Birmingham, but I also don’t think Coventry will catch us.

i bet you’ll find people on the Birmingham forum writing there hands too. But they’ll be fine, and so will we.

I think the issue is we don't really have points on board and we can't score goals. I think our situation if not desperate is pretty close. I would say one win wouldn't be enough. 2 wins should be though. 

I think our situation is alarming precisely because we can't score goals,, failing to score in 6 of the last 9. Defensively, we've held up quite well - bar the loss at Cardiff - but it's the final third where we've struggled all season, whatever the combination.

I think it also boils down to attitude and our side did not go into this season thinking it'd be in a relegation battle. The likes of Rotherham did. I'd not be surprised if they survive, they do have two games which are 6-pointers against Coventry & Birmingham., but they've known what they've been up against all season, play to a set style and now need 4pts from 3 games to overhaul us. The only positive is that they have two tricky away games though Cardiff now look out of the play-off equation.

I really think it could come down between us & Huddersfield, two sides who have been dragged into the dog-fight. We could do with Forest doing us a favour on Saturday & three of Huddersfield's five remaining games have something riding on them including a final day game at Reading. I'm afraid it is looking that things may go to the final game which is unheard of in recent years. Under Nigel Clough, we only once left it so late, beating a relegated Charlton, similarly under George Burley, the home win against Millwall (both match day 45, the penultimate game).

I think Blackburn's remaining games are against relegation threatened sides including Huddersfield and one win, perhaps against us, could seal their Championship survival. Likewise, Preston's win at Swansea was demoralizing because I thought they wouldn't win another game after sacking Neil.

I was very pleased with our loan signings, Gregory has weighed in but they have proved a mixed bag, three months on. Injury prone (Edmundson, Gregory), ineffective (Baningime), I expected Roberts to make more of an impact, Mengi appears to have made the biggest contribution of the lot. It's not an encouraging thing to say that he brought about our best chance against Norwich.

7 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. We can’t expect every result to go our way every round of games. First and foremost, it’s still in our hands. As long as that’s the case, then we just need to concentrate on ourselves. If that becomes not the case, then I’ll worry about what everyone else is up to. 

we’re in a concerning position, no doubt, but it’s not over til the fat lady sings. Some on this thread have already heard her, apparently. But I’m pretty sure it was just the kettle whistling. 

In our own hands, well remotely I would agree.  All the other teams will think that about themselves.

It’s this goals for column that’s the issue for us and for me it’s worrying.

Other teams are out of form but could have a turn around a string a couple of wins together. We, on the other hand aren’t playing that badly, we are creating opportunities but not scoring and it’s been this way all season. 

How does Rooney get them scoring.

Up to now he hasn’t been able to. Knight bagged a few last season but his return has dried up. Jozwiak scores for Poland but not us, Sibley is struggling to find the net CKR too and Waghorn and Gregory, while injured are also hardly banging them in.

Stretton got injured after a few minutes of his return so any hope of him helping has diminished.

None of us have a clue how this is going to play out but like I said we’ll have to change the one stand out problem this season for us to stay up-scoring goals. And what’s more worrying is that they try every day in training just to do that but without success.Why should we be confident they can change a season long failure in the last 5 games.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

In our own hands, well remotely I would agree.  All the other teams will think that about themselves.

Thats were your wrong however unlikely if Rotherham and Coventry win there games in hand were in the bottom 3 then its not in our hands

All we can do is amass as many points as we can in the last five games and we will have to see if its enough,were getting around 1 point a game on average so 5 more would most likely be enough as we would be sat on 48pts,however if we do end up with 46 points from 46 games its squeaky bum time.

Think people are forgetting that we have around 6 strong first team players injured - were now using too many young players who are not ready for championship football yet. 

We look likely to concede every game but we don’t look like scoring - unfortunately I’m going to go ahead and say we will be relegated.

cant blame the fans though - this is all on the club, Mel & the players plus first team staff. A real low point for every Derby fan 

Really starting to panic now. Can see Rotherham staying up. Think we have got to hope that Coventry and/or Huddersfield finish below us. Looking at the run in Huddersfield have the toughest with Barnsley and Reading still to play. Ours toughest one looks like Swansea but hopefully by then they won't be able to catch Watford so may be resting players for the play offs.

Our other saving grace is that Wednesday will probably be gone by the time we play them on the last day which should work in our favour but stranger things have happened, can remember Sunderland beating Wolves 3-0 on the last day the other year after they had been relegated and Wolves needed to win to break some record.

4 points from the next two games is a must.

15 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Thats were your wrong however unlikely if Rotherham and Coventry win there games in hand were in the bottom 3 then its not in our hands

All we can do is amass as many points as we can in the last five games and we will have to see if its enough,were getting around 1 point a game on average so 5 more would most likely be enough as we would be sat on 48pts,however if we do end up with 46 points from 46 games its squeaky bum time.

rovrum cov and udders play each other, each one will feel that their fate is in the own hands.  All 3 can't win all their games.  Rovrum have more leeway.  By Sunday evening it should be more clear.  The remote solution is that we win all our games including Birmingham, which will put brum in the mire.

It's hard to see Rotherham, Coventry and Huddersfield getting more than 1 point per game for the rest of the season. 50 points will guarantee safety, 47/48 would be squeaky bum time. With games against Blackburn, Preston and Weds you've got to back us to stay up.

Rotherham vs Coventry
Rotherham vs Birmingham
Blackburn vs Huddersfield
Coventry vs Preston
Rotherham vs Blackburn
Huddersfield vs Coventry
Blackburn vs Birmingham

8 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Maybe, maybe not. We need to improve on our one win in 10 won’t we.  I have no problem with positive posts saying we are in trouble but think we will stay up, it’s those that are in denial and refuse to acknowledge we are in the relegation mix whatsoever that I can’t relate to. Find that bizarre with the table as it is and the poor form and injury crisis we face....

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

rovrum cov and udders play each other, each one will feel that their fate is in the own hands.  All 3 can't win all their games.  Rovrum have more leeway.  By Sunday evening it should be more clear.  The remote solution is that we win all our games including Birmingham, which will put brum in the mire.

After one win in ten can you really see us winning five in five? Just don’t see it. We are toothless with one not fully fit striker available......

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's hard to see Rotherham, Coventry and Huddersfield getting more than 1 point per game for the rest of the season. 50 points will guarantee safety, 47/48 would be squeaky bum time. With games against Blackburn, Preston and Weds you've got to back us to stay up.

Rotherham vs Coventry
Rotherham vs Birmingham
Blackburn vs Huddersfield
Coventry vs Preston
Rotherham vs Blackburn
Huddersfield vs Coventry
Blackburn vs Birmingham

Do you think we go in as favourites away at Blackburn with our poor away form?