Relegation watch

Spanish

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Do you think we go in as favourites away at Blackburn with our poor away form?

A quick google search says Blackburn are favourites. I can't see that changing before kickoff.

You mention our away form, but Blackburn haven't won any of their last 7 home games (1 win in the last 11).

24 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Thats were your wrong however unlikely if Rotherham and Coventry win there games in hand were in the bottom 3 then its not in our hands

All we can do is amass as many points as we can in the last five games and we will have to see if its enough,were getting around 1 point a game on average so 5 more would most likely be enough as we would be sat on 48pts,however if we do end up with 46 points from 46 games its squeaky bum time.

It wasn't wrong. It IS in our hands. If we win all our games we finish above Wycombe, Sheff Weds and Birmingham regardless of what Rovrum and Coventry do.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A quick google search says Blackburn are favourites. I can't see that changing before kickoff.

You mention our away form, but Blackburn haven't won any of their last 7 home games (1 win in the last 11).

One thing we are very good at is ending the winless run of other clubs ?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

After one win in ten can you really see us winning five in five? Just don’t see it. We are toothless with one not fully fit striker available......

I agree totally, some believe it is in our own hands, the one I mentioned is one of the few unrealistic scenarios hence why I called it remote.  Football is played on a pitch not on a spreadsheet.  Unless we find some form soon we are totally reliant on the others messing up which is quite possible

2 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

It wasn't wrong. It IS in our hands. If we win all our games we finish above Wycombe, Sheff Weds and Birmingham regardless of what Rovrum and Coventry do.

Do you think that is likely after one win in 10 and loads of players out injured?

3 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

haven't I already said this?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Do you think that is likely after one win in 10 and loads of players out injured?

No I didn't say it was. I was just defending @Spanish against you saying he was wrong about it being in our hands.

Just now, Spanish said:

haven't I already said this?

Yes, and I was just picking up on someone who said you were wrong when you weren't.

33 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Really, we are going to win our last 5 games were running on average a point a game at best with the worst goal scoring record in the league only equaled by Wycombe even Rotherham have scored 11 more than us

12 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

poo or bust.

I agree mate , throw the kitchen sink at the next 2 games , no sitting back for a point , come on lads time to stand up and deliver for the shirt , the fans , the club , eveyone who has the club close to heart , lets turn this nightmare of a season round COYR

3 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Really, we are going to win our last 5 games were running on average a point a game at best with the worst goal scoring record in the league only equaled by Wycombe even Rotherham have scored 11 more than us

No one has suggested that we will win our last 5 games, only that it IS in our own hands. We are however as likely to win our last 5 games as any of the other teams down at the bottom to win all of theirs. It is in our hands because we only have to perform as well as Birmingham in their games not beat them at our place.

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

No one has suggested that we will win our last 5 games, only that it IS in our own hands. We are however as likely to win our last 5 games as any of the other teams down at the bottom to win all of theirs. It is in our hands because we only have to perform as well as Birmingham in their games not beat them at our place.

It isn't in our own hands. If Coventry beat Rotherham tomorrow, they'll have played the same games as us and be above, with Rotherham 4 points behind with 2 games in hand.

We are in the relegation fight there's no doubt about it and we have been for a while. I think we got the deck chairs out too early and that led to a horrible losing run. Millwall, Stoke and Coventry stand out as games we stupidly lost. Really we should be miles clear by now. 

The next two games are absolutely key. By the weekend we will know exactly where we stand as Rotherham begin to catch up with their games. I think beating Blackburn is vital, they're on a horrible run and their season has collapsed. If god forbid we lose to them and Birmingham win, it is then completely out of our hands.

We then play Preston, Birmingham, Swansea and Wednesday. None of these games look particularly difficult to me. I suspect Swansea will be in the playoffs by the time we play them and Wednesday will be down. If we cannot get a couple of wins together from the remaining five then we deserve everything we get.

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

It isn't in our own hands. If Coventry beat Rotherham tomorrow, they'll have played the same games as us and be above, with Rotherham 4 points behind with 2 games in hand.

Birmingham are 2 points above us with the same number of games played. If we match them over all the games and beat them at home we go above them.

15 minutes ago, Srg said:

so to repeat; if we win all of our games we can't be relegated.  This is highly unlikely but it is what it is.  Sunday evening will provide a lot more light