Relegation watch

Spanish

So Rotherham win tonight against a middle table team with nothing to play for and some fans on here start putting the nails in the coffin for the Rams. Others coming out with statements like "we need other teams to help us out" . At the end of the season every team will have played 46 games, positions will state how bad, mediorce or good your team was. I don't want any one quoting that Sheff Wed had a 6 pt deduction, because currently if they had their 6 points back they would still be in the bottom 3 on their current form that will probably be the case. Officially at this stage, no team is relegated, but few will argue that it looks very differcult for Wycombe & Sheff Wed. 3 teams go down and Rotherham, Coventry, Derby, Huddersfield and Birmingham are all still in the mix. If we get mores points than 3 teams or more, thats down to our performance over 46 matches and not us relying on other results.

Some facts for the ones worrying about Rotherham, They play Coventry on Thursday, if they avoid defeat it will be only the 2nd time this season they have gone 3 matches on the bounce without losing. Starting with Thursday they have 8 matches to play in 23 days. In them 8 games they have 2 teams fighting for survival, possible 3 if Blackburn continue their bad form. They also have Barnsley and Brentford in play off places to play.  I still predict Wycombe, Sheff Wed and Rotherham to go down, if its going to be another team, please think of Coventry, Birmingham and Huddersfield are still involved and not just Derby.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Don’t think so .

Rotherham play Cov and Brum next 2 games .

Even if they win both they will get even more tired and drop the other 2 teams in a bad situation 

Birmingham are a different side since they got a manager who clearly has some kind of clue .  Coventry and Rotherham both score goals and seem to have a result or two in them.  Delighted as I would be to be wrong we have a team with a blunt attack that seems obsessed with playing an insipid containment first policy for an hour each game .  That's ok if you can get 1-2 a game . We don't score enough simple as. Don't beat Blackburn we are in desperate trouble.  I hope they do, but even then we need another 4 points for me.

3 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

So Rotherham win tonight against a middle table team with nothing to play for and some fans on here start putting the nails in the coffin for the Rams. Others coming out with statements like "we need other teams to help us out" . At the end of the season every team will have played 46 games, positions will state how bad, mediorce or good your team was. I don't want any one quoting that Sheff Wed had a 6 pt deduction, because currently if they had their 6 points back they would still be in the bottom 3 on their current form that will probably be the case. Officially at this stage, no team is relegated, but few will argue that it looks very differcult for Wycombe & Sheff Wed. 3 teams go down and Rotherham, Coventry, Derby, Huddersfield and Birmingham are all still in the mix. If we get mores points than 3 teams or more, thats down to our performance over 46 matches and not us relying on other results.

Some facts for the ones worrying about Rotherham, They play Coventry on Thursday, if they avoid defeat it will be only the 2nd time this season they have gone 3 matches on the bounce without losing. Starting with Thursday they have 8 matches to play in 23 days. In them 8 games they have 2 teams fighting for survival, possible 3 if Blackburn continue their bad form. They also have Barnsley and Brentford in play off places to play.  I still predict Wycombe, Sheff Wed and Rotherham to go down, if its going to be another team, please think of Coventry, Birmingham and Huddersfield are still involved and not just Derby.

I’d add pne and Blackburn to that list but I haven’t read anybody on here putting nails in our coffin.  Just a balanced view.  

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Birmingham are a different side since they got a manager who clearly has some kind of clue .  Coventry and Rotherham both score goals and seem to have a result or two in them.  Delighted as I would be to be wrong we have a team with a blunt attack that seems obsessed with playing an insipid containment first policy for an hour each game .  That's ok if you can get 1-2 a game . We don't score enough simple as. Don't beat Blackburn we are in desperate trouble.  I hope they do, but even then we need another 4 points for me.

We have to wait and see but my point is Rotherham will find it difficult to  keep winning games with a small squad and so many games to play in such a short time .

If they do then they deserve to stay up and if Derby don’t get 4 points out of the last 5 games they will deserve to go down. 

IMO Wycombe and Sheff Wed are already down .

Sheff Wed last game against us at PP could be a decider but I don’t think it will come to that  

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I’d add pne and Blackburn to that list but I haven’t read anybody on here putting nails in our coffin.  Just a balanced view.  

Nails in the coffin is my wording, look back through on this blog and some fans do think we are going to get relegated (which means they have  defeatist thought and think we dead (or Relegated).

13 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well it’s ducking obvious we are in trouble, but then so are at least 3 other teams (plus Wycombe and Wednesday who are down) id be amazed if anyone tried to argue we’re not in trouble. 

People are looking at this like we’re not going to get another win this season, reality is if that happens we will go down. The run we went on in March has meant it is going to be a scrap to the end, I’ve seen enough in the last three games to suggest we’ll get the points we need.

But read again a number of the earlier posts, that’s exactly what some on here are saying, no way can we go down etc etc. Hopefully we will stay up, but it is going to be very tight...

3 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Nails in the coffin is my wording, look back through on this blog and some fans do think we are going to get relegated (which means they have  defeatist thought and think we dead (or Relegated).

Far more think we are in no trouble whatsoever....

22 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Earlier in this thread, about 3 weeks ago, I predicted Rotherham would stay up with ease. Nothing has changed my mind, I think they will finish above us....

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A new manager's honeymoon normally fades (so lets hope it does , so we can finish above Birmingham). Coventry scoring goals, well they've got 36 compared with 6 other teams thats got less and 2 of them sit in 23rd and 24th. Rotherham have only outscored 8 teams, but on the other side (defending) Coventry have conceded 56 goals only 2 teams have conceded more. Rotherham have conceded 52 only 6 teams have conceded more (and they have all played 3 games or more barring Coventry). We could be in a position where we don't score in next 2 games and walk away with 2 0-0 draws.