Relegation watch

Spanish

3 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

Really worried now. Preston game is the most important game we will play in more than a decade. Forget about matches involving playoffs etc.. We have to WIN! Not draw not lose. Win we still have a chance. Anything else you can forget playing the red dogs for the next few years. For the first time in many years I feel we have blown it. However, whichever league we are in I will support this club, whoever is owning,managing or playing next season. Must be mad but since a boy THIS is MY TEAM and I will support it through thick and thin. COYR

I am not one for must win games as it doesn't normally matter where we get the points as long as we get them.  However a difficult situation turns significantly against us if we don't win

Edited by Spanish

2 minutes ago, G_Kinkladze said:

Last night was hard to stomach but I've woken this morning with a whiff of positivity.

This is still very much game on; Rotherham have it all to do and we still have four games to make this happen.

Me may be down but certainly not out.

I honestly think, snd have always thought, that Rotherham will just fade into nothingness from here, and won’t even catch our current tally, and for the neutral it will be a very boring end to the season where everyone pretty much stays where they are. All this drama will have been for nothing. 

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I honestly think, snd have always thought, that Rotherham will just fade into nothingness from here, and won’t even catch our current tally, and for the neutral it will be a very boring end to the season where everyone pretty much stays where they are. All this drama will have been for nothing. 

I think it may be a folly to expect Rotherham not to get 4 points from 7 games but that leaves us with a straight shootout over four games, we're very still in this.

24 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Decent shout this. Rotherham defo won't get more than 46 points either way. 

7 minutes ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

Decent shout this. Rotherham defo won't get more than 46 points either way. 

Worrying that any confidence we have is based on someone else being even more terrible. 

Few teams with nothing to play for, players out of contract, some wanting to avoid injury etc means games become ever more of a lottery and you will see more out of the normal performances/results. Hopefully one falls our way because couple of Rotherham wins puts us in massive trouble. 

10 hours ago, Spanish said:

Well it was in our own hands and isn’t now.  Bit sad you want to revel in our position but so be it

Its not a matter of reveling in anything were all Derby fans at the end of the day,its the people on here who constantly have got there head in the sand thinking were to good to go down

We have just lost (Again) to a side in worse form than us and that takes some doing,i thought we may sneak a draw last night even more so scoring first.I just hope from the last 4 games we can somehow muster 4-5 points from those games to at least give us a chance 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Dreamland 

9 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

We didn't even play that bad, we created enough chances just conceded sloppy goals. It's not like Blackburn were cutting us open all game

Yeah it's we should have won 2 - 3 ? but don't know how to finish when not in training?! That shot Roberts had, he probably put that away 8 out of 10 times in training. We are getting the 2 out of 10 on the pitch with lots of them!

1 hour ago, G_Kinkladze said:

I think it may be a folly to expect Rotherham not to get 4 points from 7 games but that leaves us with a straight shootout over four games, we're very still in this.

I think maybe so too - it's said it's easier to chase than to keep a position (top or bottom).

We're not down and out but we are in desperate trouble and Preston becomes an even bigger game. If we can't win that it does make me question where we go from there. We're becoming ever more reliant on teams not picking up points than us securing our own safety. If Sheffield Wednesday win today they just need to pick up 2 more points than us in the next 4 games for our final match to be a relegation shootout. I think Rotherham have a solid chance of overhauling us at this point now as well- 4 points from 3 games is gettable for them with the fixtures they have. 

if we win our last 4 games we’ll *probably* stay up. But I honestly cannot see us picking up more than 1 point ? cocus first 11 games are exactly like Rooneys last 11 games. Mel Morris has ruined this club and has turned it from a stable championship club to a financial stricken league one club. Devestated