Relegation watch

Spanish

25 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Its not a matter of reveling in anything were all Derby fans at the end of the day,its the people on here who constantly have got there head in the sand thinking were to good to go down

We have just lost (Again) to a side in worse form than us and that takes some doing,i thought we may sneak a draw last night even more so scoring first.I just hope from the last 4 games we can somehow muster 4-5 points from those games to at least give us a chance 

Not many 1 or 2 maybe.  Most are more balanced.  I have said this before 'in our own hands' is a mathematical statement, the subjective assessment may and often is quite different.  Not sure you should be digging at fellow fans that don't want to confront reality yet, I fear they may not be able to avoid it IDC

We played much better last night and if they had won nobody could possibly say we nicked it

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Not many 1 or 2 maybe.  Most are more balanced.  I have said this before 'in our own hands' is a mathematical statement, the subjective assessment may and often is quite different.  Not sure you should be digging at fellow fans that don't want to confront reality yet, I fear they may not be able to avoid it IDC

We played much better last night and if they had won nobody could possibly say we nicked it

One problem is we’ve put energy in Roverham’s legs for tomorrow 

5 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

We could also end up like Sunderland, Ipswich and Portsmouth similar clubs like ours in size and support who have struggled to get out of League 1. 

Or like Hull Leicester Blackburn Southampton (took them 2 seasons) City (yes they were down there). 
If we go down we will be one of the favourites for promotion. We shouldn’t assume we’ll come straight back but we shouldn’t assume we’ll be down there for years either.

But we are not down yet.

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If we go down we will be one of the favourites for promotion. We shouldn’t assume we’ll come straight back but we shouldn’t assume we’ll be down there for years either.

But we are not down yet.

Yes, we'd be most teams 'cup final'. 

No, we're not down though.

I’m trying to stay optimistic. I can see us getting 2 or 3 wins in the last four games. Particularly fancy Swansea away, as they will have cemented their play off place by then, and won’t want any unnecessary injuries going into the semi. Rotherham v Boro worries me, for obvious reasons ?.

The team need to give everything though, to break away from the League 1 tractor beam. “ I canna give it anymore captain”, is what I expect from Shinnie and co. Let’s win it in midfield...COYR.

E24FCFD9-D948-4431-AAEC-BA951B4FE295.jpeg

37 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Or like Hull Leicester Blackburn Southampton (took them 2 seasons) City (yes they were down there). 

But we are not down yet.

Also mate if we did go down every team in that division would treat playing us like a cup final. Why should you be so arrogant to presume we would be favourites? 

7 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Also mate if we did go down every team in that division would treat playing us like a cup final. Why should you be so arrogant to presume we would be favourites? 

Wouldn’t have a clue what sort of team or squad we would have on the first day of the season in League 1...

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Wouldn’t have a clue what sort of team or squad we would have on the first day of the season in League 1...

Well we need to see who owns the club, Morris or Erik the Spaniard, plus we don't know how much we can trust him at present. We don't know what investment will come into the club to buy players. Or is it a carry on of been skint. 

29 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

I don’t think it’s being arrogant and he said “one of the favourites” not “the favourite”. 

Rightly or wrongly, I suspect every relatively big club that gets relegated to league one for the first time in ages automatically gets seen as one of the favourites for promotion. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sunderland were.

As I said in an earlier post, unless we get a big points deduction (I really don’t think we will), I see us suffering a number of years as mid table mediocrity. 

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

At least we are in a position where we control the outcome still. 

That said our form is pretty much the worst it’s been all season. Can we turn it around? 

We have to hope we can, but you can’t deny it looks bleak!

Is “we control the outcome” another way of saying it’s in our hands which it clearly isn’t. Yes we’re still in the fight and we could escape but I’m not sure that I would say we’re in a position to control the outcome.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Is “we control the outcome” another way of saying it’s in our hands which it clearly isn’t. Yes we’re still in the fight and we could escape but I’m not sure that I would say we’re in a position to control the outcome.

We can win all our remaining games, so we control the outcome.

We won’t.......but that’s a different story. 

Archived