Relegation watch

Spanish

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well it will be if you withdraw from supporting the team at matches. 

Aren't you going to come down to portsmuff and see the sunny South? ?

No mate sorry. 

I might feel better tomorrow but right now I’m upset ? 

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

The frightening thing is, Blackburn have matches against Sheff Wed, Rotherham, Huddersfield and Birmingham to play. Now they have the majic 50pts, will they relax and play better or relax and be on the beach. Still think it will be the current bottom 3 to go down, but it could be a bit closer now. Big game on Sky Sports (Rotherham v Birmingham) this Sunday. Draw would be good, possibly a win for Birmingham would be better.

Watched the highlights on Sky sports when Festy Ebosele got taken out in the box, because it happened in stoppage time I think the Ref bottled it and waved play on. The defender certainly never made contact with the ball, because it would have gone out for a corner but the ball never changed trajectory.

Blackburn are safe now but they looked alot more dangerous against us on the counter with Armstrong & Elliotts pace, those teams they play will have to attack them at some point if they want to win so hopefully that will play into Blackburns hands and do us some favours

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Blackburn are safe now but they looked alot more dangerous against us on the counter with Armstrong & Elliotts pace, those teams they play will have to attack them at some point if they want to win so hopefully that will play into Blackburns hands and do us some favours

Not sure Blackburn will seem as good against better teams....

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure Blackburn will seem as good against better teams....

What makes you think Huddersfield, Birmingham, Rotherham & Sheff W are better teams and will play better than we did tonight. Those teams are just above or below us & Blackburn will go into those games with abit more confidence than they did against us

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

What makes you think Huddersfield, Birmingham, Rotherham & Sheff W are better teams and will play better than we did tonight. Those teams are just above or below us & Blackburn will go into those games with abit more confidence than they did against us

We didn't even play that bad, we created enough chances just conceded sloppy goals. It's not like Blackburn were cutting us open all game

4 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Lookin forward to these away days next season 

Screenshot_20210416_194707_com.android.chrome.png

The seats at MK Dons are very comfy though. And a good guy at work is a Gillingham fan so might go to that one with him.

Crewe is easy to get to on train from anywhere and I can combine with a visit to mate who lives at Sandbach.

Plymouth could be a little holiday, especially if we play in early/late season. Shrewsbury is a nice place and Burton gives us a chance in the Nigel Clough Trophy.

Doncaster could include a visit to York perhaps.

Can't think of other reasons to go to Fleetwood and Accrington. Maybe would be good to play them in the same week, and visit the Lake District inbetween? I find Lancashire rather bleak, especially compared to North Yorkshire on the other side. 

19 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

The seats at MK Dons are very comfy though. And a good guy at work is a Gillingham fan so might go to that one with him.

Crewe is easy to get to on train from anywhere and I can combine with a visit to mate who lives at Sandbach.

Plymouth could be a little holiday, especially if we play in early/late season. Shrewsbury is a nice place and Burton gives us a chance in the Nigel Clough Trophy.

Doncaster could include a visit to York perhaps.

Can't think of other reasons to go to Fleetwood and Accrington. Maybe would be good to play them in the same week, and visit the Lake District inbetween? I find Lancashire rather bleak, especially compared to North Yorkshire on the other side. 

Plymouths a poohole lad, makes alvaston look posh, give it a miss if I were you

On current form we deserve to be relegated to League 1 we are a crap team with a very inexperienced manager and coaching team, we have a owner who hasn't been interested in us for 2 seasons and who's legacy will be he took us to League 1. After 46 games the championship table doesn't lie and if were in the bottom 3 then we only have the team/manager/owner to blame. I for one after 50 years of supporting the club through good and bad times have become totally disillusioned with the club. I can only see 1 win out of the last 4 games against Sheffield Wednesday at the last game of the season and by then it maybe to late. Preston, Birmingham, Swansea defeats. 

Oh dear.

So now we need 2 wins and a draw from the last 4 to reach the magic 50.

We now have to hope that:

(a) 46 or 47 points will be enough (1 win and 1 draw from 4 games is still possible I think)

(b) Rotherham fail to capitalise on the games in hand

(c) the other teams around us all draw with each other and all lose to the higher placed sides

Let's also console ourselves by reflecting on the fact that in recent years quite a few big clubs have dropped into L1, come storming back, and are now in the PL or Championship.  If that were to happen then we wouldn't be the first 'big' club to do that and probably not the last.

Maybe there'd also be a healing effect to be had from a season of (hopefully) mostly winning rather than mostly losing, with a new line up of hungry, fit, ambitious players (and a proper pre season) looking to make their mark or prove themselves, talent that we could really get behind, explore some unfamiliar places (anyone here ever been to Accrington? me neither LOL) and in some cases outnumber the home supporters.  A successful L1 campaign might then provide the springboard for a subsequent Championship to PL promotion push, in the style of Bournemouth & Sheff Utd for example.

Mel tried to buy us promotion and we got very close but in the end it didn't work.  Whatever league we end up in come August, maybe it's time to try a different way based mostly on home grown talent, of which we have an abundance, plus Wazza using his contacts to find us another Mount & another Tomori on loan, plus a few shrewd purchases.  Too often in recent years we have spent £10 million buying 5 journeymen when we should have instead spent that money on 2 proven match winners.

Adam Bolder made an interesting point last night on the radio.  Even in L1, there must be many young players out there who would jump at the chance to work with Wazza, we would just need to find them.

Footie to me is about roots and identity and loyalty.  Any fool can 'support' a team that's rich &/or successful.  We're all here because that kind of fickleness is not for us.  Once a Ram always a Ram, simple as that.

Roll on next season, and wherever we end up let's sell out all the home games and out-sing the home fans wherever we go away from home.  

Having said all that I still believe we can avoid the drop.

da da     da daaaaaaaa da da da          da daaaaaaaaa da da daaaaaaa da daaaaaaaa (Great Escape tune)...

24 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

Oh dear.

So now we need 2 wins and a draw from the last 4 to reach the magic 50.

We now have to hope that:

(a) 46 or 47 points will be enough (1 win and 1 draw from 4 games is still possible I think)

(b) Rotherham fail to capitalise on the games in hand

(c) the other teams around us all draw with each other and all lose to the higher placed sides

Let's also console ourselves by reflecting on the fact that in recent years quite a few big clubs have dropped into L1, come storming back, and are now in the PL or Championship.  If that were to happen then we wouldn't be the first 'big' club to do that and probably not the last.

Maybe there'd also be a healing effect to be had from a season of (hopefully) mostly winning rather than mostly losing, with a new line up of hungry, fit, ambitious players (and a proper pre season) looking to make their mark or prove themselves, talent that we could really get behind, explore some unfamiliar places (anyone here ever been to Accrington? me neither LOL) and in some cases outnumber the home supporters.  A successful L1 campaign might then provide the springboard for a subsequent Championship to PL promotion push, in the style of Bournemouth & Sheff Utd for example.

Mel tried to buy us promotion and we got very close but in the end it didn't work.  Whatever league we end up in come August, maybe it's time to try a different way based mostly on home grown talent, of which we have an abundance, plus Wazza using his contacts to find us another Mount & another Tomori on loan, plus a few shrewd purchases.  Too often in recent years we have spent £10 million buying 5 journeymen when we should have instead spent that money on 2 proven match winners.

Adam Bolder made an interesting point last night on the radio.  Even in L1, there must be many young players out there who would jump at the chance to work with Wazza, we would just need to find them.

Footie to me is about roots and identity and loyalty.  Any fool can 'support' a team that's rich &/or successful.  We're all here because that kind of fickleness is not for us.  Once a Ram always a Ram, simple as that.

Roll on next season, and wherever we end up let's sell out all the home games and out-sing the home fans wherever we go away from home.  

Having said all that I still believe we can avoid the drop.

da da     da daaaaaaaa da da da          da daaaaaaaaa da da daaaaaaa da daaaaaaaa (Great Escape tune)...

We could also end up like Sunderland, Ipswich and Portsmouth similar clubs like ours in size and support who have struggled to get out of League 1. 

Really worried now. Preston game is the most important game we will play in more than a decade. Forget about matches involving playoffs etc.. We have to WIN! Not draw not lose. Win we still have a chance. Anything else you can forget playing the red dogs for the next few years. For the first time in many years I feel we have blown it. However, whichever league we are in I will support this club, whoever is owning,managing or playing next season. Must be mad but since a boy THIS is MY TEAM and I will support it through thick and thin. COYR

Archived