Relegation watch

Spanish

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The frightening thing is, Blackburn have matches against Sheff Wed, Rotherham, Huddersfield and Birmingham to play. Now they have the majic 50pts, will they relax and play better or relax and be on the beach. Still think it will be the current bottom 3 to go down, but it could be a bit closer now. Big game on Sky Sports (Rotherham v Birmingham) this Sunday. Draw would be good, possibly a win for Birmingham would be better.

Watched the highlights on Sky sports when Festy Ebosele got taken out in the box, because it happened in stoppage time I think the Ref bottled it and waved play on. The defender certainly never made contact with the ball, because it would have gone out for a corner but the ball never changed trajectory.

1 hour ago, turbo said:

We’re going down

Can’t score

End off

Game over

Some good players on the park wearing a Derby shirt but let down by an inexperienced coaching team

Why the Chairman chose to appoint some one with no experience when already sitting in a dangerous position at Christmas is baffling for me

What a mess of a club

We deserve where we are

Think the fake shake had sommat to do with it. Couldn’t make it up could you?

Well Well Well all you lot on here that thought its all in our hands have gone quiet

Its been abundantly clear for some time we have to hope one more team other than Wycombe and Sheff Wed have a worse end of season than us to save us

If we do go down forget the promise of big spending there is even a tighter FFP that wont allow it

Just now, ramboy63 said:

Well Well Well all you lot on here that thought its all in our hands have gone quiet

Well it was. But now it isn't. I really thought we'd win this one. Now I am very concerned for the first time this season. We just have to hope results go our way, if Rotherham beat Birmingham it's in our hands again. If Birmingham win it gives Rotherham more of a mountain to climb. 

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Well it was. But now it isn't. I really thought we'd win this one. Now I am very concerned for the first time this season. We just have to hope results go our way, if Rotherham beat Birmingham it's in our hands again. If Birmingham win it gives Rotherham more of a mountain to climb. 

True enough Rammy but i dont fancy us even beating Birmingham in a winner takes all match,i much rather they win at Rotherham which keeps the gap the same as it was before tonight's game and the game against Birmingham certainly for them will mean slightly less as they will already be on 48 points if they do

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Exactly how I feel.  For the first time I’m starting to think we may go.  Whilst Rotherham have games in hand results like tonights will give them a lift.

According to Wikipedia, Derby's 111 seasons have been distributed as follows:

Level 1: 65* (1 in every 1.71 seasons)

Level 2: 52 (1 in every 2.1 seasons)

Level 3: 4 (1 in every 27.8 seasons)

Level 4: 0

Therefore, if Derby can expect to visit the third tier roughly every 28 years (on average), we should not be too disheartened if we were to get relegated, especially as our last trip down to the old third division being 35 years ago, in 1985-86.

And it shouldn't be anything to worry about, because such visits to the third division have never lasted very long.

It's the sort of club that we are! It's where we sit in the football pyramid. In the long-term, we tend to divide our time between the top two tiers, with rare and brief drops down into the third tier.

* If the first four seasons of the football league only had one division; and the next twenty-seven seasons only had two divisions; then this should make the expected gap between our visits to the third tier be more frequent then every 25 years.

59 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Its been abundantly clear for some time we have to hope one more team other than Wycombe and Sheff Wed have a worse end of season than us to save us

If we do go down forget the promise of big spending there is even a tighter FFP that wont allow it

Well it was in our own hands and isn’t now.  Bit sad you want to revel in our position but so be it

Archived