Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

What’s that mean Roy Mac ? Are you implying that you didn’t get behind the team when you so vocally wanted Cocu out ?That’s really sad. I always get behind the team 100% regardless and will continue to do so #COYR

Mate you are soooo boring. It means that Cocu wasn't the one and his results showed that. If in the middle of next season after having a preseason (you know like Cocu had) and some players in (you know, etc) he's struggling and it looks like the club aren't doing well, then the position of manager gets reconsidered.

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

There are examples. David O'Leary at villa was not a liked or popular manager, but the support stayed with me team. 

Rooney does not represent my club. He's just temping for a short while. 

I don't know what O'Leary achieved?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Tell me how you can reconcile then mate?

Honestly, Roy, at this point, I'm not sure.

There is a part of me that thinks that, if he really has to be the manager for next season, then he deserves to have a crack at it. 15 games at a minimum, as well as the ability to make his own signings. Any manager deserves that.

But, if I'm totally honest, I think some of the sentiment from some Rooney-In people on here has been so blinkered and, at times, so arrogant, that it makes any form of reconciliation difficult. But that is just my opinion. I think some people on this forum have tried to make Anti-Rooney people out to be a toxic part of this fanbase, whereas I think the shoe fits just as well on the other foot. 

I've actually not known a time on this forum where it has seemed so polarized around one manager. It's sad really.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Mate you are soooo boring. It means that Cocu wasn't the one and his results showed that. If in the middle of next season after having a preseason (you know like Cocu had) and some players in (you know, etc) he's struggling and it looks like the club aren't doing well, then the position of manager gets reconsidered.

Mate you are such a hypocrite ? What pre season did Cocu get on taking over from Big Frank ? I realise it’s gone on too long now for you to save face, but keep the Wazza love in going, it does bring a smile to my face and make me larf during these troubled times..I alternate reading your pro Wazza posts with old DVDs of the Likely Lads..so funny ???

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I've actually not known a time on this forum where it has seemed so polarized around one manager. It's sad really.

It's a sign of where the Club finds itself. 

You don't see Rooney taking us forward, I do. But if he's given a fair crack at the job and things aren't better then I'll say to you, fair does.

I've seen enough from him to think he deserves a good chance - last season was horrendous (as was the season before). If he turns things around then he'll still be here the season after next.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I don't know what O'Leary achieved?

What's that got to do with the point?

He got the team well placed in the Premier league, competitive in most competitions, but the support didn't warm to him and he ended up leaving before the team started to struggle. 

At this stage, I'm sure Rooney could only dream of such a record. 

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Mate you are such a hypocrite ? What pre season did Cocu get on taking over from Big Frank ? I realise it’s gone on too long now for you to save face, but keep the Wazza love in going, it does bring a smile to my face and make me larf during these troubled times..I alternate reading your pro Wazza posts with old DVDs of the Likely Lads..so funny ???

?

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

What's that got to do with the point?

He got the team well placed in the Premier league, competitive in most competitions, but the support didn't warm to him and he ended up leaving before the team started to struggle. 

At this stage, I'm sure Rooney could only dream of such a record. 

That's the point. I know nothing about O'Leary.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

You don't see Rooney taking us forward, I do. But if he's given a fair crack at the job and things aren't better then I'll say to you, fair does.

I've seen enough from him to think he deserves a good chance - last season was horrendous (as was the season before). If he turns things around then he'll still be here the season after next.

Fair enough, Roy. For what it's worth, he almost certainly is going to get a good chance, so I hope you're right and I am wrong!

47 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Look what Hughton achieved at F*rest or Pearson at Bristol. What the F do you expect Rooney to achieve with the hand he was dealt? Plus how difficult it was for the players - they didn't have the easiest time. But yeah whatever.

Yes. Rooney has had a baptism of fire. No doubt about that. But, even so, his approach certainly hasn't helped.

Earlier you cited Burley. That is a great example of how the manager could provide hope and entertainment to the supporters during troubled times (though they seem halcyon days now).

Rooney's "style" / approach has not come close to giving anyone a lift.

I don't mind you defending Rooney. In fact, I think it's a very good thing that someone is putting the other side of the argument to all the criticism he's facing. What I really struggle with is the contradiction. You were the total opposite with Cocu. You were never willing to make any allowances for the injuries, the squad, the budget and the circumstances that he had to deal with. To you, it was all his fault.

If you had been anyway near as fair minded with Cocu as you are with Rooney, it would help strengthen your argument now and I'd certainly afford you more respect.

2 hours ago, David said:

Not at all, you was up there in personality, but I went for Ghost of Clough mostly due to his knowledge of the academy which I feel would be vital going forwards.

Angieram, don't think I have disagreed with a single post she's made.

In the running was your good self, Sage, Coconut, Andicis and Rynny. It really was a shortlist and I would never insult you by offering you the tea lady job,

You are dead to me.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Earlier you cited Burley. That is a great example of how the manager could provide hope and entertainment to the supporters during troubled times (though they seem halcyon days now).

He bought those 'entertaining' players in, they weren't there at the start where they. My memory is a bit faded.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

A 10th placed finish was horrendous ?.....it’s the way you tell em Roy Mac ?

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

You were the total opposite with Cocu. You were never willing to make any allowances for the injuries, the squad, the budget and the circumstances that he had to deal with. To you, it was all his fault.

It wasn't all his fault at all - that is your interpretation. He had a hard job, I just didn't like how he did it and couldn't see it working in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's the point. I know nothing about O'Leary.

It was your choice to challenge my viewpoint from a position of ignorance. 

I merely shared with you one example which I am content supports the position I will be taking with respect to the club and manager, since you asked the question in your inimitable style. 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It was your choice to challenge my viewpoint from a position of ignorance. 

I merely shared with you one example which I am content supports the position I will be taking with respect to the club and manager, since you asked the question in your inimitable style. 

Get a grip.

I bet they didn't all hate O'Leary, just your perception of it? Plus where did they go after they sacked him?

Edited by RoyMac5

54 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Very balanced post. What I think it is worth reiterating is that fans like me and Island Exile who want Wazza gone will still get behind the team 100% and support them, just like the Cocu out brigade such as Roy Mac 5 did. Any suggestions otherwise are nonsense ?

Point of information..... Despite feeling Rooney's arrival undermined Cocu (instigated by Mel, press articles about next manager etc).... After Cocu had left and I heard a few interviews from Rooney, I was actually one of the first to support the idea of appointing him.

I preferred the idea of a hungry, young dynamic manager to one of the journeymen (Big Sam, Pullis, Warnock etc). And I don't like Terry, the other candidate mooted at the time.

Why I've changed my mind is simply because of the approach that Rooney adopted.

Sure, he's inherited a poor squad, injuries and not just to Bielik have hit us hard. But sheesh. Changing tactics, lineups every game. Matching the opposition. Bizarre substitutions.

All supposedly justified because we were playing for the points. Well that wasn't terribly successful.

So I am sorry. I have totally lost confidence.

But yes, I hope I am wrong. Rooney will be our manager going into next season. So I want him to succeed as much as I would want any manager to succeed.

I just hope and pray he adopts a different approach.

14 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You are dead to me.

I have you down as hosting the end of the season player awards if that helps. I see you as the Ricky Gervais on his last oscars performance ?