Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

1 minute ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Pretty sure the Rooney name and profile is part of the attraction for prospective new owners

Not so sure, getting the best manager in to get us in the prem will be their top priority ?

Judging by Rooney's post match interview's he is looking for certain assurance before committing himself to Derby. 

I think overall he at moment he is credit in his fledgling managerial career and will not want  jeopardise that. 

I am sure he has aspiration higher than Derby.

Whether we can give him the assurances on resources and control he wants is debatable in this time of uncertainty and flux at the club. 

Therefore if another "better' opportunity presents itself or new owners don't give what he wants then may well be off of his own accord.

Only time will tell. But pre-season is just around the corner.

45 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not so sure, getting the best manager in to get us in the prem will be their top priority ?

You would think so. But Rooney in charge, whether brilliant or poor as a manger will always bring media circus, press, marketing ops and general public interest etc. Means a lot to the businessmen. 
He’ll start next season as manager, no doubt in my mind. Whether he lasts the season is another thing all together. 

I'm not sure how you can justify keeping someone in a job when the form has been woeful. A novice manager is not what is needed when the squad needs a complete rebuild. It was different with Lampard. He inherited a team which was in the play offs. We stayed competitive with him in charge. 

Rooney on the other hand, inherited a mess of a squad. He's just about kept us afloat. I'm so conflicted. Regardless of what manager we have, as proven by Sheffield Wednesday this season, if it's a mess behind the scenes, we will not go anywhere fast. Rooney was spot on calling out the hierarchy yesterday. They need to get a grip because they are stalling this club and running it into the ground. 

6 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

I'm not sure how you can justify keeping someone in a job when the form has been woeful. A novice manager is not what is needed when the squad needs a complete rebuild. It was different with Lampard. He inherited a team which was in the play offs. We stayed competitive with him in charge. 

Rooney on the other hand, inherited a mess of a squad. He's just about kept us afloat. I'm so conflicted. Regardless of what manager we have, as proven by Sheffield Wednesday this season, if it's a mess behind the scenes, we will not go anywhere fast. Rooney was spot on calling out the hierarchy yesterday. They need to get a grip because they are stalling this club and running it into the ground. 

Lampard actually inherited a poor and very aged squad and was tasked with completely changing the style of play. Rooney inherited a young squad but one that is certainly capable of mid table at the least. I would argue that Rooney has not kept us afloat at all, other teams failures have kept us afloat. 

However, completely agree that the hierarchy needs sorting first. 

24 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Lampard actually inherited a poor and very aged squad and was tasked with completely changing the style of play. Rooney inherited a young squad but one that is certainly capable of mid table at the least. I would argue that Rooney has not kept us afloat at all, other teams failures have kept us afloat. 

By bringing in ordinary loans like Mount, Tomori and Harry. Plus buying Waghorn, Marriott, Malone, JoFlo, Evans and Holmes - yeah dead similar situations. If we give Rooney (or even Cocu) similar finances perhaps we'll see different outcomes?

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

By bringing in ordinary loans like Mount, Tomori and Harry. Plus buying Waghorn, Marriott, Malone, JoFlo, Evans and Holmes - yeah dead similar situations. If we give Rooney (or even Cocu) similar finances perhaps we'll see different outcomes?

Didn't Cocu spent circa £10m on one player? A bloody good player don't get me wrong. But i guess that's the risk you take spending so much on one player...

40 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

True but inherited a "mess of a squad" was inherited from an experienced manager.

1 minute ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Didn't Cocu spent circa £10m on one player? A bloody good player don't get me wrong. But i guess that's the risk you take spending so much on one player...

Not sure on Bieliks fee nor whether it was fully Cocu's signing. How much do you reckon Lampard spent? Oh and Bielik is only one lot of big wages, number of Lampard's high earners?

Edited by RoyMac5

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

but the point was he didn't inherit them.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why do you mention the loans as a negative? Aren't good connections in the loan market a good thing? Why do you say he was lucky the loans bailed him out? He's was the reason the loans were here. I don't even think there was a fee for Mount and Tomori. If we're in a situation where we have no money the loan market could be crucial.

Even when we were winning games this season the style of play was still bad.

What about the academy players? What has Rooney done for them this season? There value price has probably decreased. Wouldn't someone like Jody do a lot better with them considering it's exactly what he did for years at Chelsea. 

Reasons for keeping Rooney on as manager:

Sacking him will cost money given that he is under contract.

.........I honestly can't think of another.

Reasons for sacking Rooney:

Unqualified

Inexperienced

Player development seems to have regressed alarmingly, especially the young players. 

Team selections and tactics are chaotic and constantly changing. The lack of continuity can't help players settle in their roles and suggests there is no settled game plan.

His teams generally play ugly boring football.

His lack of effort to stay fit when still on the playing staff betrayed a lack of professionalism.

His in-game substitutions are poor.

Sacking him will mean we won't have to look at the 'Wayne Rooney's DCFC fans' anymore.

Post Bielik, over the last third of the season Rooney's team had the worst form in the entire EFL, including 6 straights defeats before the final match.

Avoided relegation on 44 points, a total that would get a team relegated most seasons, helped by Sheff Wed''s point deduction, Rotherham's fixture pileup and ultimately saved by Sir Marlon Pack's  88 minute equalizer. 

.........I am utterly bemused by any Derby fan being supportive of keeping him on as manager.