Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

2 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

What about clough at leeds , what about Alex fergusson at one point , fact is he has been handed a squat with no proper fit young and hungry strikers , and also no money . I think you have to give him half a season.  

fact is, he's been handed a squad easily capable of not being relegated from the championship and thanks to other teams/people continuously bailing him out we've managed to stay up. Nothing to do with Wayne, he has got massively lucky that Sheff Wed had a points deduction and Rotherham suffered so much with fixture pile ups.

Even Clough at Leeds and Ferguson at United during their tough first seasons at least showed signs of positivity and had plans for what they wanted to do. We can't just hold onto Wayne in the hope he will eventually turn out like that, when everything we've seen from him this season indicates the exact opposite. 

32 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Bottom of the league when he took over. Outside the relegation zone by the end of the season.

Of course, there’s context to be added, but the vitriol thrown at him is a bit bizarre.

Derby after Cocu left 

20210509_102534.jpg.abf328583375c5420cc43d34e861a966.jpg

Derby by end of the season 

20210509_102652.jpg.d9c1bffc27e12cc20069ac0f8fdca1f8.jpg

Technically correct but the margins here are so tight. 35 games to make up a 2 point deficit on 4th from bottom & were still reliant on results elsewhere & a points deduction to stay up.

It's the most hollow of achievements.

11 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

I don't understand people now changing their minds and wanting Rooney to stay.

It was inevitable. I get the feeling there are many who want Rooney's vanity project to continue who wouldn't if he was someone else with the same qualifications/record.

They're dazzled by the celebrity, and Rooney succeeding is more important than the club succeeding.

33 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

However, if the powers that be at the club (be they Mel, Alonso or someone else) decide the potato is the horse we're getting on, I'll get behind him. I try to believe he's learning. I'll spend the summer conditioning myself to believe it's going to be better.

How quickly were you hoping he'd learn? ? 

It will be better. We'll get some good players in. Rooney won't be playing 'catch-up' he can start with the system he wants. So then we'll see. #COYR

Just now, LittleEatonRam said:

They're dazzled by the celebrity, and Rooney succeeding is more important than the club succeeding.

Lol. This is the same as with any manger at a lower league club, if you achieve success the bigger boys will start looking. If Rooney succeeds then Derby succeed. How can you separate the two?

I cannot believe people will settle for such a poo show of a management team. 

The stats are there for everyone to see. Not good enough. 

We had a slow start to the season under Cocu, but I still believe that this set of players should be mid-table, and any half decent manager would have had us there after 35 games. 

Let's stop accepting below-par performances from players and the coaching staff. 

Out with Rooney, out with Waghorn. 

The only thing below-par we should think of accepting is transfer fees for some of this lot. 

Yesterday was brilliant, but don't let your judgement become clouded by the relief of staying up. Rooney has been poor, and unable to halt a death spiral into a relegation battle in which we only stayed up by virtue of other teams being similarly crap and Cardiff scoring a 88th minute goal. Rooney will keep the job, but he doesn't deserve it. 

Edited by desirelines

11 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Derby after Cocu left 

20210509_102534.jpg.abf328583375c5420cc43d34e861a966.jpg

Derby by end of the season 

20210509_102652.jpg.d9c1bffc27e12cc20069ac0f8fdca1f8.jpg

Technically correct but the margins here are so tight. 35 games to make up a 2 point deficit on 4th from bottom & were still reliant on results elsewhere & a points deduction to stay up.

It's the most hollow of achievements.

Aye. It might be. But it doesn’t warrant hatred.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How quickly were you hoping he'd learn? ? 

It will be better. We'll get some good players in. Rooney won't be playing 'catch-up' he can start with the system he wants. So then we'll see. #COYR

what about the good players we already have? 

How do you know it will be better? Cocu finished his first season in a similar way and look what happened with him at the start of this one. 

Why has Rooney not been using the system he wants already?

This season has been a season like no other so it’s very hard to judge a manager at a club like Derby with both hands tied behind your back - massively reducing wage bill - no crowds - no income essentially - and an owner wanting to let go after sinking £200 million of his own money in ( it seems no one else wants to use their own money) 

I would like to see what Rooney could do with some help financially to recruit and build a team not just filling a team sheet with scraps 

10 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

It was inevitable. I get the feeling there are many who want Rooney's vanity project to continue who wouldn't if he was someone else with the same qualifications/record.

In what way is this a vanity project to Rooney?

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Aye. It might be. But it doesn’t warrant hatred.

Some of that might be clouded by his lack of professionalism as a player here. His fitness & attitude was a disgrace post lockdown & a key reason why we were bottom in the first place. People don't like the club being disrespected.

I suspect the majority view isn't hatred though, just a wish to replace him with someone competent. I'd certainly have no hard feelings towards him if he left Monday.

51 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

This season has been a season like no other so it’s very hard to judge a manager at a club like Derby with both hands tied behind your back - massively reducing wage bill - no crowds - no income essentially - and an owner wanting to let go after sinking £200 million of his own money in ( it seems no one else wants to use their own money) 

I would like to see what Rooney could do with some help financially to recruit and build a team not just filling a team sheet with scraps 

Rooney is not far off clough Mark 2 , no funds whats so ever and being asked the impossible, and fans judge you on this its unbelievable . Yet Mclaren comes in and got some funds although not a ton but he got more than clough had . Then he is gods gift . 

The lover boys of Mclaren on here i wonder how blinkered they would be if alonso took over put Mclaren at the reins and gave him millions to sort the team out . Yep if he did it good job as its easy to muck it up even with money but jesus Rooney has even had a proper start yet ............COME ON you lot give the bloke a chance . 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

More than that, 35 games. Need a fresh start on and off the pitch ?

I honestly don’t think Rooney will be going anywhere. If (and it’s a big if) the takeover goes through, he’ll be tasked with the restructure of the team and getting us back up the table. Regardless of whether you’re in the Rooney in or out camp, no chance he’ll be going anywhere just yet

1 hour ago, desirelines said:

Yesterday was brilliant, but don't let your judgement become clouded by the relief of staying up. Rooney has been poor, and unable to halt a death spiral into a relegation battle in which we only stayed up by virtue of other teams being similarly crap and Cardiff scoring a 88th minute goal. Rooney will keep the job, but he doesn't deserve it. 

Saving me a post ?

8 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

I honestly don’t think Rooney will be going anywhere. If (and it’s a big if) the takeover goes through, he’ll be tasked with the restructure of the team and getting us back up the table. Regardless of whether you’re in the Rooney in or out camp, no chance he’ll be going anywhere just yet

If the new owner, whoever that is, has sufficient funds he will be gone surely..