Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

20 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Wayne is beginning to resemble my 1973 Action Man Adventurer doll! 

image.png.240dde5ad31b93bdcfe48d62b8a0d009.png

Oooo, I have one of them.  Stashed away ready for the kids, or grand-kids to pull out at some future Antiques Roadshow and be told it's worth £20000.  Or 20p.

I think a mix of loans and permanents is inevitable so we may as well get used to the idea.

Gregory will be on good wage at Stoke which we won’t match so if he has one year left I expect we would be talking about a season longer paying only what we can afford. (A broken ruler and a half used biro per month)

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

56 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well lots of folk go on about Wayne being a bit chubby, so there you go! Here's a link to his interview, came across really well talking about the players, staff and the club.

Thought Cocu used to come across really well too Roy Mac......respected your loyalty to him too.....

18 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That sounds like such a hackneyed bs interview quote or some vacuous comment on a persons LinkedIn profile. 

Yeah he didn't swear at all, didn't name call anyone nor say what a really crap time he was having...

1 hour ago, drgoodspeak said:

I'm getting a bit tired of hearing the confidence line. You might well be really confident Wayne, but what is the impact of that?

"Confidence is the food of the wise man but the liquor of a fool"

Love that.. 

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

That sounds like such a hackneyed bs interview quote or some vacuous comment on a persons LinkedIn profile. 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah he didn't swear at all, didn't name call anyone nor say what a really crap time he was having...

I now really want to read your Linked In profile...

2018 to Present: "poo job, at a poo firm with a compete twit of a line-manager. It's ducking loathsome..." 

Here goes.

I think it's time to draw a line under last season, and get behind Rooney giving him a break for next season. Put your pitchforks down, give me a chance before you smash the keyboard.

I'm not suggesting giving him a free pass for what was a poor end to the season, but we can't dwell on the past and must understand the position we are in financially, even if you cannot get on board with the hand Rooney was dealt with was not the greatest, look at it from the financial point of view.

Rooney walks? Entirely different situation, if he receives the assurances that he can bring players in and compete, I just don't see him walking, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not fired up even more to prove himself. 

Sack him? Now this is the question, how much will that cost, can we afford it?

The reply to that will be, but we can't afford to drop into League 1, no we can't, but with a summer of recruitments using his contacts is a risk worth willing to take in my opinion, even if you give him until October to not have us in any kind of relegation battle.

Things don't work out, we may at least have some decent players at the club to work with. Lampard with Tomori, Mount and Wilson for example to then bring in an experienced disaster fighter to keep us up.

Would you give Rooney a couple of months in exchange for extra funds to purchase a player or two than showing him the door now?

What even are the expectations for next season? Please don't tell me we have any fans sat here thinking top 6 minimum, in my mind a 10th to 16th unspectacular season would be acceptable as a building block. 

Is Rooney capable of that? I don't see why not, let's not forget the weeks we were up there with the best in the form table before Bielik got injured, now if he has the players, the squad, I don't see that as being a totally unrealistic target. 

What Cocu would have done with Bielik and CKR for that matter is irrelevant now, we'll never know.

Fans will hopefully be back next season, let's not walk into the opening game with a toxic atmosphere booing and calling for the blokes head, look at the scenes outside Pride Park pre Sheffield Wednesday game, the players didn't deserve any of that really, but right now we need to play our part however hard that maybe for some of you. 

There is a huge negative cloud above this club right now, I just feel that by adding to that with weekly demands for Rooney's head will offer nothing positive to the current situation we find ourselves in.

Give him a chance, couple of months that's all. Regardless of who the owner is, I don't see him being afford much longer than that if we look to be heading into trouble once again.

Can't deny that I was calling for his head after the end of the season, but I'm willing to give him a chance if we're actually allowed to buy players this time. If we're still under a transfer embargo or just don't have the money to buy players just ask for volunteers from the forum to manage the team, because nobody will keep us up.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

If we're still under a transfer embargo or just don't have the money to buy players just ask for volunteers from the forum to manage the team

Now that's a thread in itself.

Manager: Ghost of Clough

Assistant Manager: AngieRam

Coach: B4

12 minutes ago, David said:

Here goes.

I think it's time to draw a line under last season, and get behind Rooney giving him a break for next season. Put your pitchforks down, give me a chance before you smash the keyboard.

I'm not suggesting giving him a free pass for what was a poor end to the season, but we can't dwell on the past and must understand the position we are in financially, even if you cannot get on board with the hand Rooney was dealt with was not the greatest, look at it from the financial point of view.

Rooney walks? Entirely different situation, if he receives the assurances that he can bring players in and compete, I just don't see him walking, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not fired up even more to prove himself. 

The reply to that will be, but we can't afford to drop into League 1, no we can't, but with a summer of recruitments using his contacts is a risk worth willing to take in my opinion, even if you give him until October to not have us in any kind of relegation battle.

Things don't work out, we may at least have some decent players at the club to work with. Lampard with Tomori, Mount and Wilson for example to then bring in an experienced disaster fighter to keep us up.

Would you give Rooney a couple of months in exchange for extra funds to purchase a player or two than showing him the door now?

What even are the expectations for next season? Please don't tell me we have any fans sat here thinking top 6 minimum, in my mind a 10th to 16th unspectacular season would be acceptable as a building block. 

Is Rooney capable of that? I don't see why not, let's not forget the weeks we were up there with the best in the form table before Bielik got injured, now if he has the players, the squad, I don't see that as being a totally unrealistic target. 

What Cocu would have done with Bielik and CKR for that matter is irrelevant now, we'll never know.

Fans will hopefully be back next season, let's not walk into the opening game with a toxic atmosphere booing and calling for the blokes head, look at the scenes outside Pride Park pre Sheffield Wednesday game, the players didn't deserve any of that really, but right now we need to play our part however hard that maybe for some of you. 

There is a huge negative cloud above this club right now, I just feel that by adding to that with weekly demands for Rooney's head will offer nothing positive to the current situation we find ourselves in.

Give him a chance, couple of months that's all. Regardless of who the owner is, I don't see him being afford much longer than that if we look to be heading into trouble once again.

Stopped reading at “here”

8 minutes ago, David said:

Here goes.

I’m past caring to be honest; any idiot could have seen giving the job to someone so inexperienced wouldn’t work, and it hasn’t. I’m fed up with my club being used as some ex-England internationals pet project - we should have had someone in with actual experience at this level but no, once again we went for the Hollywood option. I’m sick and tired of it.

19 minutes ago, David said:

Here goes.

He will get the two months you suggest as we can’t afford to sack him. Having done worse than Cocu, he is a very lucky boy to stay in the job. He has shown nothing to me during our one win in fifteen games that he can motivate players, that he is tactically aware or what his style of football is. That will not stop me supporting the team, nothing would, but he is not the right Manager to take us forward in my view.

I was also calling for him to leave after the last game of the season. But with a little bit of time to calm down and with the EFL mess I think the best thing we can do is give him 10 games next season.

Keeping him is a bit of stability for the first time in a long time. Especially if there’s loads of new players and potentially new owners in. 

Edited by Mckram