Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

25 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Reasons for keeping Rooney on as manager:

Sacking him will cost money given that he is under contract.

.........I honestly can't think of another.

Reasons for sacking Rooney:

Unqualified

Inexperienced

Player development seems to have regressed alarmingly, especially the young players. 

Team selections and tactics are chaotic and constantly changing. The lack of continuity can't help players settle in their roles and suggests there is no settled game plan.

His teams generally play ugly boring football.

His lack of effort to stay fit when still on the playing staff betrayed a lack of professionalism.

His in-game substitutions are poor.

Sacking him will mean we won't have to look at the 'Wayne Rooney's DCFC fans' anymore.

Post Bielik, over the last third of the season Rooney's team had the worst form in the entire EFL, including 6 straights defeats before the final match.

Avoided relegation on 44 points, a total that would get a team relegated most seasons, helped by Sheff Wed''s point deduction, Rotherham's fixture pileup and ultimately saved by Sir Marlon Pack's  88 minute equalizer. 

.........I am utterly bemused by any Derby fan being supportive of keeping him on as manager.

Totally agree.

Rooney now might also have to contend with getting enough points in the championship after a potential points deduction pending appeal.

Rooney isn't guaranteed a quality team next season, that's dependent on new owners spending the cash and plus which quality players want to sign for Derby given the lack of a wonderful winning formula from Rooney this season.

Why would you want to join Derby as opposed to any other championship side, it would have to be about the financial offer.

Players joining Derby will not want to face a relegation fight next season.

19 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Judging by Rooney's post match interview's he is looking for certain assurance before committing himself to Derby. 

I think overall he at moment he is credit in his fledgling managerial career and will not want  jeopardise that. 

If that is the case then the his ego knows no bounds. "Looking for assurances". As if we are graced with his presence. It's not as if we didn't take a gamble on him, give him his first role in coaching despite having no qualifications, pay him a large wage, play him no matter what and generally hang on his every word.

Heaven forfend we should jeopardise his management career. 

22 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

How quickly were you hoping he'd learn? ? 

It will be better. We'll get some good players in. Rooney won't be playing 'catch-up' he can start with the system he wants. So then we'll see. #COYR

Out of interest...any hints detected of how Rooney wants to play if he has players he chooses? 

As noted ad nauseum elsewhere, he's focused on copying styles for negation so I can't see what he's going to try to fashion. 

11 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Out of interest...any hints detected of how Rooney wants to play if he has players he chooses? 

As noted ad nauseum elsewhere, he's focused on copying styles for negation so I can't see what he's going to try to fashion. 

Well he's previously said he prefers 4 at the back and 4-3-3. So here's hoping. #COYR

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

He's said a few times that this season he wanted to keep it simple for the players and not try to play a certain way, so as to get out of trouble. I think had the initial run kept on going and we were safe with 5-6 games to go, he would have started getting the players to play the style he wants to play.

He does want to play a certain way, he felt it wasn't poss this season though.

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

He’s been trying to win games with the players available. If you’ve got players who are out of form and not scoring goals, a hung-ho approach (we will win 4-3) doesn’t make much sense.

So, he’s told his players to keep things safe and simple in the hope we snatch a winner. In general, his players have done this, except one or more players suddenly make one big mistake, we concede, and the pressure is then on a weak attack to save things.

I wouldn’t be surprised if his focus is on experience and old-fashioned nous. He will want players who can do their jobs, even if this isn’t ‘showy’. A dominant keeper and an experienced shouty centre half who he will make captain.

He will definitely want at least one striker. His reaction to Roberts’ miss was classic. He would have scored that now, with his tracksuit and coat on.

If he can keep Sibley, Roberts and Jozwiak, he will have some good attacking options. They will need support from mobile midfielders who aren’t afraid to gamble on a give and go, plus a more mobile attack who can benefit from their trickery.

I think he’ll let Lawrence, Waghorn and CKR go, not pursue Gregory (shame he got injured though)and bring in two forwards - one quick and nippy, one good in the air.

2 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

He's said a few times that this season he wanted to keep it simple for the players and not try to play a certain way, so as to get out of trouble. I think had the initial run kept on going and we were safe with 5-6 games to go, he would have started getting the players to play the style he wants to play.

He does want to play a certain way, he felt it wasn't poss this season though.

But what way? Is it a 433 as @RoyMac5quoted?

Or 44....flipping 2 as might be inferred from @Anag Ramor something else?

Just idle curiosity. Maybe he hasn't yet developed his own philosophy, which wouldn't be totally surprising as he doesn't yet know what brings success.... (as we haven't had any). 

CKR got an extra year a couple of months back and should be a pretty cheap squad player for next year. Expect him to stay.

If we get a good offer for Tom I recon he will go as it will help fund a replacement. If we could get £2m for him you would hope we could get a new Tom for less eg from a Prem U23 squad.

Would not surprise me if Waghorns agent already has something lined up.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

But what way? Is it a 433 as @RoyMac5quoted?

Or 44....flipping 2 as might be inferred from @Anag Ramor something else?

Just idle curiosity. Maybe he hasn't yet developed his own philosophy, which wouldn't be totally surprising as he doesn't yet know what brings success.... (as we haven't had any). 

If i'm honest, I don't know. Only Rooney knows as I don't think he's ever mentioned the style and system he'd want to play. Unless i've missed that interview.

4 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Little bit on Talksport about this at the moment. Totally agree with Simon Jordan regarding Rooney should not be Manager of the club, BUT, as I’ve said previously I could fathom him staying IF he gets an experienced back room 

But Curtis Davies reckons he should be manager in his Talksport interview.

It's the audible equivalent of clickbait.

21 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

If i'm honest, I don't know. Only Rooney knows as I don't think he's ever mentioned the style and system he'd want to play. Unless i've missed that interview.

Exactly,we can all make promises of success but decline to say how we are going to achieve it!

Let's just put that detail off for a while.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Exactly,we can all make promises of success but decline to say how we are going to achieve it!

Let's just put that detail off for a while.

Lets wait until we see who he's allowed to bring in - that might make it easier for him to decide! ?

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But Curtis Davies reckons he should be manager in his Talksport interview.

It's the audible equivalent of clickbait.

I’d say it’s more two sides of a coin really. One wants him, the other doesn’t. The one who doesn’t want him doesn’t play at the club. 

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

He’s been trying to win games with the players available. If you’ve got players who are out of form and not scoring goals, a hung-ho approach (we will win 4-3) doesn’t make much sense.

So, he’s told his players to keep things safe and simple in the hope we snatch a winner. In general, his players have done this, except one or more players suddenly make one big mistake, we concede, and the pressure is then on a weak attack to save things.

I wouldn’t be surprised if his focus is on experience and old-fashioned nous. He will want players who can do their jobs, even if this isn’t ‘showy’. A dominant keeper and an experienced shouty centre half who he will make captain.

He will definitely want at least one striker. His reaction to Roberts’ miss was classic. He would have scored that now, with his tracksuit and coat on.

If he can keep Sibley, Roberts and Jozwiak, he will have some good attacking options. They will need support from mobile midfielders who aren’t afraid to gamble on a give and go, plus a more mobile attack who can benefit from their trickery.

I think he’ll let Lawrence, Waghorn and CKR go, not pursue Gregory (shame he got injured though)and bring in two forwards - one quick and nippy, one good in the air.

Oh how the kind plays tricks.

He missed a one on one not long before he hung up his boots, think it was against Blackburn

I enjoyed this video. It is about Man Utd, but also includes a few mentions of things that Rooney says to Derby Players.

It's not a comment on his managerial skills - just that I enjoyed a pro Rooney interview! And his humbleness seems genuine. Rashford seemed to respect Rooney. At least, he seemed to copy what Rooney was saying a few times.

It was also nice to hear Rooney referring to his wife, with them having been married for so many years.