Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

I don't understand people now changing their minds and wanting Rooney to stay. We narrowly scraped a draw against a team also at the bottom of the table. And only really stayed up because Sheff Wed started the season on -6 points & Rotherham had a huge fixture pile up which they couldn't cope with physically. It's something like one win in 15 games for us now, that's a third of a season! Terrible tactics, no style of play other than try to copy your opponent, massively questionable substitutions. He's been in charge nearly 40 games and there has been no progression since game one(minus Bielik's help). 

I'm all for giving a manager time, but it has to be the right one. Rooney has a worse record than Cocu, despite having better players available when they came back from their injuries. I would consider giving him more time due to the off field problems if there had at least been some signs of promise, or moments where he made me think he knows what's he's doing, but there honestly haven't been any.

In my opinion we need someone in charge who is more of a coach, someone who can get the best out of the players and develop an attacking style of play. We should be focusing on ourselves much more than the opposition and tactically we should be thinking how do we score goals, not how do we stop them scoring. The whole mentality from the "coaching team" is just not right. How do you expect to win and achieve things with such a negative outlook. 

Anyway, rant over.?

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The only reason Rooney is keeping his job is that the club can't afford to bin him. 

Any other manager performing the way he has over the last 15 games would be gone. Done. 

Given that he is staying the best outcome this summer would be for him to go out and find an experienced coach to work with him, because experience is sorely lacking in that department. 

sad thing is there's one of the best coaches in the country already at the club, Wayne doesn't seem to want him getting very involved though. 

Personally I dont like rooney , but he has been handed a poisoned chalice and survived,  I think you really have to let Alonso take over and rooney build HIS squad , then see what were looking like at half a season in . For me wayne has half a season to make massive changes . 

I'm not sold on Rooney. I've seen players performances go backwards over the time he's been at the club, significantly the youth players which has seen Sibley, Buchanan and Bird lose their place in the team in favour of some uninspired senior pros. Knight has been playing but has perhaps taken the most significant step backwards in his development. 

We've finished the season with one win from our last 15 games - 7 points from a possible 45. We only scored 12 goals in those 15 games too. An utterly shambolic end to the season, where we couldn't even get the win that we needed to keep it in our own hands. I've seen anything progressive from our football style almost eradicated for a more direct style, ultimately the underlining factor in our young players being halted their progression. 

It's not what I want to see next season, however I'd imagine we won't learn what the plans are until the new owner is in place. I can't imagine Mel would be willing to make the pay-out required. 

31 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Personally I dont like rooney , but he has been handed a poisoned chalice and survived,  I think you really have to let Alonso take over and rooney build HIS squad , then see what were looking like at half a season in . For me wayne has half a season to make massive changes . 

but the problem is that he survived because of luck not skill. 

the sign of a decent manager is that they make at least one player seem better than they were, i can't think of a single one he's done that for in his 40 games in charge. That should worry you. 

7 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

but the problem is that he survived because of luck not skill. 

the sign of a decent manager is that they make at least one player seem better than they were, i can't think of a single one he's done that for in his 40 games in charge. That should worry you. 

What about clough at leeds , what about Alex fergusson at one point , fact is he has been handed a squat with no proper fit young and hungry strikers , and also no money . I think you have to give him half a season.  

18 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

What about clough at leeds , what about Alex fergusson at one point , fact is he has been handed a squat with no proper fit young and hungry strikers , and also no money . I think you have to give him half a season.  

Its not just about the players.

Its about a lack of tactical ability.

Its about a lack of fa coaching qualification.

Its about a total lack of management experience where Rooney been on a winning run.

Rooney isn't lampard, lampard is a manager I'd have back in a heart beat.

9 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

I don't understand people now changing their minds and wanting Rooney to stay. We narrowly scraped a draw against a team also at the bottom of the table. And only really stayed up because Sheff Wed started the season on -6 points & Rotherham had a huge fixture pile up which they couldn't cope with physically. It's something like one win in 15 games for us now, that's a third of a season! Terrible tactics, no style of play other than try to copy your opponent, massively questionable substitutions. He's been in charge nearly 40 games and there has been no progression since game one(minus Bielik's help). 

I'm all for giving a manager time, but it has to be the right one. Rooney has a worse record than Cocu, despite having better players available when they came back from their injuries. I would consider giving him more time due to the off field problems if there had at least been some signs of promise, or moments where he made me think he knows what's he's doing, but there honestly haven't been any.

In my opinion we need someone in charge who is more of a coach, someone who can get the best out of the players and develop an attacking style of play. We should be focusing on ourselves much more than the opposition and tactically we should be thinking how do we score goals, not how do we stop them scoring. The whole mentality from the "coaching team" is just not right. How do you expect to win and achieve things with such a negative outlook. 

Anyway, rant over.?

This is 100% right. We shouldn’t be giving him more time just because he’s already here and he’s had a bit of a crap hand dealt. 

Countless managers move to worse situations and do better than he has done. Just look at the likes of Lee Bowyer... Birmingham were hopeless and certainly heading down until he turned up with not that many games to go. That’s just one example.

Rooney knew the players before taking over full time. There is zero excuse, despite what he says, for not imparting a style of play. He changes formation, tactical advice and personnel every single game and expects continuity some how. His subs are terrible and he doesn’t seem to motivate, let alone harness anything other than mental fragility. 

It’s not hyperbole when I say I think he’s the worst manager I’ve seen here in my 25 years supporting this club. 

55 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

From his comments after the game, if off the field stuff not sorted quickly he may be off anyway. Sounded like an ultimatum to me

Don’t think he’ll be off if he gets his way, he’s trying to buy the club with the help of some American investors. Morris not wanting to sell to him though at the moment but if the Spanish chancers bid falls through he’ll probably change his mind!

55 minutes ago, Srg said:

This is 100% right. We shouldn’t be giving him more time just because he’s already here and he’s had a bit of a crap hand dealt. 

Countless managers move to worse situations and do better than he has done. Just look at the likes of Lee Bowyer... Birmingham were hopeless and certainly heading down until he turned up with not that many games to go. That’s just one example.

Rooney knew the players before taking over full time. There is zero excuse, despite what he says, for not imparting a style of play. He changes formation, tactical advice and personnel every single game and expects continuity some how. His subs are terrible and he doesn’t seem to motivate, let alone harness anything other than mental fragility. 

It’s not hyperbole when I say I think he’s the worst manager I’ve seen here in my 25 years supporting this club. 

One win in 15. I don't see how that can be defended. 

Honestly i think your being very very unfair .

I cant stress this enough im not a rooney fan all the off field stuff he has got up to and being sent off and hoodwinked by ronaldo shows what nouse he has upstairs . 

But im not one for not giving someone a fair crack of the whip to change my mind .

FA Coaching badges dont make me laugh , to much is pointed at this , christ he has seen it all done it all at the top of the game you telling me he doesnt know how to put a trwm together and tactics going to get his badges wont change a thing . Its like being employed to do a job for 10 years then suddenly being told you dont know what your doing, or how to do it unless you have that piece of paper all of a sudden its laughable . 

The bloke has had no money he has had no bloody strikers and he has had to rely on youngsters who are promising and not ready for a game every single saturday esp in high pressure situation .

Im not a rooney fan but to be fair to him he deserves half a season with cash to buy players and reshape HIS squad before the axe should fall , then and only then he will have no excuses .

We wont be going up next year anyway anyone with half a brain knows this as we will have a points deduction .

4 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

Don’t think he’ll be off if he gets his way, he’s trying to buy the club with the help of some American investors. Morris not wanting to sell to him though at the moment but if the Spanish chancers bid falls through he’ll probably change his mind!

Rooney is trying to buy the club with help from American investors?

Jaw drops.

I think he should go myself.

However, if the powers that be at the club (be they Mel, Alonso or someone else) decide the potato is the horse we're getting on, I'll get behind him. I try to believe he's learning. I'll spend the summer conditioning myself to believe it's going to be better.