Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

Surely time for another poll...!! 

In - give him a chance 

Unsure - prefer new option but ok if not 

Out - not up to it 

I'm too chuffed to really care today. We are a year or more ahead of where we could have been. Willing to just take a breath...but....if he went and Wilder was announced tomorrow that would be some weekend. 

The only reason Rooney is keeping his job is that the club can't afford to bin him. 

Any other manager performing the way he has over the last 15 games would be gone. Done. 

Given that he is staying the best outcome this summer would be for him to go out and find an experienced coach to work with him, because experience is sorely lacking in that department. 

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

56 minutes ago, maxjam said:

The first 3 mins is about the match, the rest is about the future.

TBH I'd be happy for him to have a proper go at the job - get the take over done and some players in that he can call his own, then judge him.

Unless something unforseen happens though it does look like he'll be with us next season, here's hoping he wins a few of the fans over.

says all the right things.

We don't know what;s gone on behing the scenes. We're probably not in a good position to judge him at the moment.  Only those with detailed knowledge of the circumstances will have an idea if he is the right man for next season. 

Just have to trust those people make the right decision.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Look I'm not playing your tedious game. Give it a rest.

I intend to enjoy this evening celebrating. And then look forward to next season with Rooney as manager! #COYR

Ok, I accept you can’t answer, enjoy your evening ??

We have the players at the club to take a run at the playoffs. Rooney proved that when Bielik was fit. 

Rooney set us up to Beilik’s strengths and the rest clicked into place. It could be argued that had he stayed fit we could have had an outside chance of reaching the playoffs this time.

He got injured and Rooney was only able to get the same as Cocu could out of the squad.

Even without Beliek we created enough chances not to be in trouble but the goals dried up. Is that Rooney’s fault?

A lot lies with the soft embargo and failing to replace Martin.

He and the squad have gone through a tough time and what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I think we’ll be better for it.

I’m up for giving him a window and see what happens.

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

The first 3 mins is about the match, the rest is about the future.

TBH I'd be happy for him to have a proper go at the job - get the take over done and some players in that he can call his own, then judge him.

Unless something unforseen happens though it does look like he'll be with us next season, here's hoping he wins a few of the fans over.

What a cracking interview with Rooney by Gibbo.

#COYR

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Surely time for another poll...!! 

In - give him a chance 

Unsure - prefer new option but ok if not 

Out - not up to it 

I'm too chuffed to really care today. We are a year or more ahead of where we could have been. Willing to just take a breath...but....if he went and Wilder was announced tomorrow that would be some weekend. 

Agree, a poll would be good ?

Why are some speaking like he's done something amazing? We didn't actually win the game today, that's 7 in a row without a win. If we didn't beat Luton it would have been 15 in a row without a win. 

I don't even blame Rooney and the other coaches ability for where we are, what do you expect from a bunch who've never coached before? I blame the decision itself to put them in charge. In an ideal world I wouldn't mind someone else coming in and Rooney and Co to go back to there positions as minor coaches, Rooney being the striker coach for example, but that won't happen now Rooney's been manager.

Unfortunately I can't see us replacing Rooney, the best we can hope for is that we bring in a few experienced coaches to work with him.

Havent we had enough upheaval for a bit .

Let's get the takeover /makeover sorted . 

Let's give Rooney 2 seasons to establish our plan.

The worst that can happen was a few minutes away from reality today.

Get behind the club and let's take an upward trajectory. 

You never know it could be an outstanding success !!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

What a cracking interview with Rooney by Gibbo.

#COYR

Quite agree, thought that was a very good interview and set just the right tone at the end of a roller coaster day.

I think he deserves a proper crack at the job - over to you now Mel to sort the off-field issues.

1 hour ago, bucktwo said:

do you include this season as one of the two, because 2 years to come up with a plan seems a heck of a long me to me. 

1 hour ago, bucktwo said:

No ta?