Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

On 10/05/2021 at 17:57, Oldben said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-wayne-rooney-sacking-5395607

Around 5300 people say no to Rooney continuing as Derby's manager thats 63% of the total surveyed, just 20% say they want him to stay.

Vote of no confidence in Rooney

Sounds sensible....

On 10/05/2021 at 17:57, Oldben said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-wayne-rooney-sacking-5395607

Around 5300 people say no to Rooney continuing as Derby's manager thats 63% of the total surveyed, just 20% say they want him to stay.

Vote of no confidence in Rooney

Probably so. However, if you take say 22,000 as the electorate (it’s probably higher than that as I wouldn’t be surprised if a good number of people that voted consider themselves Rams fans but don’t attend games) only 24% took part and voted no. I didn’t know about the poll but, I had, I would probably have voted “not sure”.

39 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Probably so. However, if you take say 22,000 as the electorate (it’s probably higher than that as I wouldn’t be surprised if a good number of people that voted consider themselves Rams fans but don’t attend games) only 24% took part and voted no. I didn’t know about the poll but, I had, I would probably have voted “not sure”.

You would have been in the minority then, like those voting Wazza in on the poll on this forum....

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You would have been in the minority then, like those voting Wazza in on the poll on this forum....

I agree but my point is, it’s a minority in an incomplete poll. Even more so on this forum as the responses to polls are much less. They may well be representative though.

42 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

like those voting Wazza in on the poll on this forum....

I'm not sure what the details of the poll were, but the poll should have been put split into 3

A) Rooney out

B) Rooney in until the end of the season

C) Rooney in this season and next season

If someone voted B then they could have been Rooney in then, but now the seasons over be Rooney out. I bet more would have voted B than C.

What do people think the chances are of Rooney refreshing his backroom staff. I could just about imagine it working, if Rooney has a fantastic no2 out there on the field marshaling the troops and instilling tactics. I think Rosenior is burnt from the last 18 months or so.

26 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

What do people think the chances are of Rooney refreshing his backroom staff. I could just about imagine it working, if Rooney has a fantastic no2 out there on the field marshaling the troops and instilling tactics. I think Rosenior is burnt from the last 18 months or so.

I would rather have a fantastic number 1....

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Correct but slightly misleading statement. 17% weren’t sure and, the majority of the fan base didn’t vote at all.

Usually any poll is just a small sample, still gives an idea how the majority feel eh?

1 hour ago, jcidaho said:

has Rosenior ever been good?

1 hour ago, jcidaho said:

Why not just make that person manager.........what would be the point of Rooney if his assistant was doing his job for him?