Things that annoy me but shouldn’t..

Probably get hate off those who drink beer that tastes like soil but...

When you buy a crate of Beck's and realise it's no longer made in Germany and has been reduced to 4% watery piss. 

What was once a drinkable lager (to my taste buds anyway) has now been ruined. Into the back of the cupboard the rest go to be unleashed on unsuspecting BBQ attendees in the summer.

On 02/02/2022 at 11:06, Grumpy Git said:

Be quicker if I quoted the stuff that doesn't annoy me.

Bottom cover on our new boiler is a poor fit and falls-off at the drop of a hat. I calls Worcester-Bosch for a replacement and the operator makes me hold-on for ages whilst she speaks to "an engineer". Comes back with "we need to send an engineer out to fit it with some new clips". I say you must have the wrong part as its just a plastic cover that slots into place, no clips involved. "No" she says, "we definitely need an engineer to fit the parts ..........................."

Yesterday the "engineer" (another wind-up, they are not engineers, they are technicians) turns-up with completely the wrong parts and will come back on Friday! So more pi55ing about waiting. Its easier to fit than a battery cover on a TV remote control, no wonder the boilers are so effing expensive.

I've got a WB boiler, so feel your pain. 

A sliding cover, that is so tightly designed that once it comes off it never quite slips in securely again. 

I've also got a snapped matchstick stopping the front cover from vibrating, no doubt due to the bottom cover no longer being secured properly. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

People who ring the door bell AND knock the door. Usually delivery men/women.

I know it’s irrational but it really bugs me. 

Yes, bloody Parcel Force. One day I’ll get him, but he’s usually away back up the path by the time I get to the front door. 

He was waiting in a side road to join the traffic queue on my way to work one day so I crawled by him without letting him out with a big grin on my face. Justice. 

Edited by Ewe Ram

5 minutes ago, ramit said:

For me, yes that is what i am saying.  Pronounce as it is by their locals.

so 

Would you say Cube-a Libre?  Of course not.

https://easypronunciation.com/en/spanish/word/cuba

Pronounce place names as the locals do? In that case Paris would be Paree, and Munich would be  Munchen and Moscow would be Moskva etc and don’t get me started on Chinese place names.