Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Rooney not sounding as wise and knowledgeable and confident on radio Derby right now.

He is a novice manager and it's not an easy situation granted - but we need to get ourselves going again.

Reality check for Rooney.

Think the new manager bounce is over now.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We didn't get anyone in as a backup DM. We needed someone like Bradley Johnson there to ensure we had an aerial presence in midfield without him. Bird, Knight and Shinnie don't win enough 2nd balls. Substitute any one of them for for a stronger player (Bielik, Johnson...) and we suddenly have less defending on the edge of our box to do.

Not sure. We won a few second balls, granted we could be better. It’s the lack of quality, movement, speed of though, forward options that is the main issue. We’re so disjointed in the midfield and wide areas. More industrious midfielders is not what is required. We need creativity. We are boring, turgid, huff and puff guff at the mo. 

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

I was nodding in agreement with your post...then I got to the last line, beat Barnsley lol, if we beat Barnsley I’ll save @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta the trouble of eating his shoes, I’ll eat them for him.

Barnsley have a team ethic, belief and excellent form going into this game, we are bereft of confidence and direction. We really are quite bad.

??

In all seriousness though, We lost 3-0 to Rotherham and followed it up with 3 wins in a row against teams up towards top 6. We outplayed Swansea when no one gave us a hope. It’s the championship, anything can happen but it would require a performance that hasn’t been there this week. 

This level of performance continues for the remainder of the season we won’t win another game let alone beat Barnsley. If we’re going to assume we’re going to play the same for in the remainder of the fixtures and ignore the good stuff we’ve done in recent months then we may as well give up now. But clearly some (not you) assume the worst.

Very disappointing. We totally threw the game on Tuesday night so we could put in THAT performance?! We could’ve played all night and not scored! Really worked out resting everyone and getting hammered by Cardiff Wayne, we looked to have so much more energy today as a result... absolute muppet.

Any team that starts as slowly and frankly disinterested as we did today deserves to get beat. No tempo, no energy, no fight, nothing. Just pissing around at the back for 90 minutes, before either gifting the opposition possession because no one can hit a basic pass, or aimlessly lumping in the general direction of Kazim-Richards. Once again the tactics were all wrong, players all over the place without the faintest idea what they’re meant to be doing. Another defeat to a team around us, which leaves us very much back in danger of the drop. You need to sort things out and fast Rooney, because the last few performances look very much like a team on their way to League One.

All the issues that were there but we were ignoring have suddenly come to the boil culminating in possibly the most depressing back to back performances I have ever witnessed, outside possibly 'that' season. 

No pace up front, pedestrian midfield, sideways passing, wingers who can't score, sloppy at the back. No energy, no passion. 

Very worrying and even more dispiritingly mundane. 

It was only 3 weeks ago that WR was the best thing since vinegar with chips, Now he's a bag of scratchings, What's happened, Bielik being out for the season, That's shows we're a one man team, Training is where you pick your starting 11, You consult with your coaches and look at the next match to see where when and how you can beat or at least compete with the opposite Manager.

WR inherited an awfull squad, He added 5-6 loanees, Players who's other clubs didn't need...castoffs to be honest, WR has been a pro footballer long enough to see who what where and when a player can perform, Who's got what it takes, But players that can't or wont at least compete need to be shown the door.

I'm still confident we wont be relegated as there's 3 teams worse than us, Didn't watch the game but got a good idea from reading peoples posts, The riot act will i'd hope be read to them, But if they can't be fussed then what's the point, WR will be looking at the calender and wishing for the season to end so he can bin the majority of this lot.

19 minutes ago, AbuDerbyDave said:

Why not get Lamps in to work with him he doesn’t need the money 

Why not get mac to do the job,a better manager and coach than the rest of them put together!

(I dont seriously suggest that Rooney needs replacing by the way......at least not yet and we couldn't afford to even if we wanted to)

There's no way we will retain him if we do get relegated tho and then some creative thinking will certainly be required.

17 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

What a load of ? "rested" players in hope of a draw vs cardiff to get the needed win vs cov, what happens? Nil points ???

This really sums up my feelings too. Resting players before a game v Coventry. We are in serious trouble.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

??

In all seriousness though, We lost 3-0 to Rotherham and followed it up with 3 wins in a row against teams up towards top 6. We outplayed Swansea when no one gave us a hope. It’s the championship, anything can happen but it would require a performance that hasn’t been there this week. 

This level of performance continues for the remainder of the season we won’t win another game let alone beat Barnsley. If we’re going to assume we’re going to play the same for in the remainder of the fixtures and ignore the good stuff we’ve done in recent months then we may as well give up now. But clearly some (not you) assume the worst.

So WTF did we play a weakened side against Cardiff we should have played them against Coventry ?

47 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Watson wants the ball

Bird looks good on the ball and generally uses it well. But he doesn’t WANT it. Not that he’s hiding. He just behaves as if it’s someone else’s turn. So the backs have no options, we resort to the long ball and if CKR is not playing a blinder we lose it 

19 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Well new manager bounce well and truly over now. And dare i say it for the first time i'm starting to doubt Rooney. Don't understand the constant tinkering and switching formations. It just reminds me of Cocu or even Van Gaal at Man Utd. Really outdated tactics that just don't work in this country. You have to play high tempo as all 4 divisions in England are like this. 

What worries me more than anything is we just never look like scoring a goal. And to be honest we are just so boring to watch. Sad times to be a DCFC fan, what has happened to us?

I know i will likely receive a lot of stick for this, but I'm just going to put it out there anyway,  Lampard is available.

An since he was fired Chelsea are moving up the table with the same players.

Archived