Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a disaster of a week. 

From looking really assured of ourselves a month ago we look a shadow of our former selves. 3 consistently awful performances, questionable managerial decisions, 6 clear of Rotherham who have 2 games on us... not good. 

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

My controversial take on this is that Rooney is massively under qualified as a manager and this is all very reminiscent of Stuart Pearce's brief tenure at forest.....the lads initially react well to his enthusiasm but in time in becomes clear that the gaffer is tactically naive and inexperienced as a manager.

I think it is also down to losing Bielik...

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

My controversial take on this is that Rooney is massively under qualified as a manager and this is all very reminiscent of Stuart Pearce's brief tenure at forest.....the lads initially react well to his enthusiasm but in time in becomes clear that the gaffer is tactically naive and inexperienced as a manager.

What more can Rooney do with that lot

2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

What a disaster of a week. 

From looking really assured of ourselves a month ago we look a shadow of our former selves. 3 consistently awful performances, questionable managerial decisions, 6 clear of Rotherham who have 2 games on us... not good. 

Why are Rotherham not playing this weekend?

2 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

A spine of Keogh, Hughes and Martin to this, there isn't one player in this squad id be sad to see leave.

That’s where I am now. Another game watched and another abject display on and off the pitch.

Well...............

Not been a good week. Rooney who has done well up to now and you can’t really fault him, he has had a really bad week with team selection and tactics. Players not helping him with form. Now we will see what he’s made of and this team is made of. 

We had a great run to put us in a position where we had a great chance to pull clear and give ourselves a comfortable end to the season. However I now think it will be a dogfight to the end from Forest down to Rotherham to avoid that last relegation spot. Don’t rule out Luton being sucked back into it (that game is looking a big one at PP).

I think we have enough and will rediscover the form to get us over the line, but it won’t be pretty and there will be lots of twists and turns. 

I just hope we don’t need results in the last 3 games, then I will really be panicking. 

But beat Barnsley (they must be due a bad performance at some point) and Millwall and it all looks different again.

Archived