Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

Predictable crap. HT was a chance to make a game of it. We did not. Lethargic, dire passing, very poor indeed. Never at any point did I think that we were going to score. We may lose the next three and be well back in the mire. Other results went for us again. Only Coventry gained on us.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big changes needed for the next game. I’d bring in Edmondson for Wisdom and Fozzy for Buchanan. Go 4-4-2 with Jozwiak and Roberts on the wing and CKR and Gregory up front. At the moment we look Sis at the back and have nothing, I mean absolutely zero, going forward. 

Just now, MuespachRam said:

That was absolute bilge. They were rubbish, I could get a team off this forum to beat Coventry. 
Bird the only bright spot, proved again that he is the only one with a footballing brain in the squad. 

I’ll play on the wing and I can cross it.

1 minute ago, Topram said:

Back in trouble absolutely pathetic performance again they can post all the smiling training photos they want but they don’t turn up on match days! Absolute poo

Not sure why i bother to invest any emotion in this shower. Always let you down

Dire football with zero creativity and our confidence seems completely drained. Lost count of the amount of hopeless balls into the channels which they lapped up. Can't say either side had lots of chances and I can't remember us working their goalkeeper once. 

Thought Bird was the brightest spark in the middle but he's not bright enough to enlighten the rest. Neither wingback could get into the game, CKR held it up a couple of times but no support and everyone seemed to lose their ability to play a final ball or take on a man on once they got past the half way line. Tough end of the season.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Basically we are looking a very poor side. We are where we are. New team needed. 

Yup. It's a case of stumbling to safety this season (hopefully) and then, as Rooney said, getting the recruitment spot on in the summer. 

Simply awful, our squad is so poor some of it must be expected but to have so little attacking threat over the past 3 games is unacceptable.

Somehow got to get this season out the way, staying in the league and hope that we get someone to take us over and give the team some much needed investment.

Unfortunately we have a team of poor players, even if we stay in this league unless we have some investment the  next season will be no better. An accumulation of bad management of the club over a number of years I'm afraid.

We're going backwards at the moment. We've been sliding for weeks, and that was just utter crap.

It says something when the most frustrated player on the pitch and the only player to try and pass the ball forwards in the last 4 minutes of injury time was a kid who has barely kicked a ball professionally. 

Watson was also the only player I heard speak throughout the game. How often is that the case?

Just now, angieram said:

Woeful performance today. 

Too many players on the back foot.

Too little creativity anywhere on the pitch. 

Too few ideas how to change it up when we need to. 

Dreadfully disappointing.

We struggled to be woeful to be honest and we are starting to look structurally dysfunctional insofar as we don’t ever effect any control in games. It’s hit and hope usually after a sequence of 3 or 4 sideways/backwards passes. Go back to basics Wazza, de-construct these poor habits and re-build the team from scratch. The initial spark that Wazza awoke has flickered and died. 

Archived