Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

What more can Rooney do with that lot

I agree alot of our players are pure bank it's not just the managers, poor recruitment has manavoured us into this position. 

Our main man Bielik is completely injury prone and now without him again we are reverting to type. Yes managerial wise it's not perfect and we could play better with what we have but we are a poor team for this level and just staying up is about our limit I think unless we add more quality in midfield and wide areas. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Crowdfunder to buy Waghorn out of the club? He’s gone from solid mid table Championship forward to a player who would struggle to get into the starting XI of most League One clubs 

Lol I do believe you are doing a disservice to league 1 sides

Just now, Silko said:

In all the years ive followed Derby I don’t remember feeling as low as I do right now .... worst team I’ve seen 

Loan players must be wondering what they’ve turned up to 

A manager who I want to give the benefit of the doubt but it’s not looking like he will employed too long 

You must be very young then if you can't remember the ritual defeat every matchday when we were last in the Premiership. 

The only synergy with our situation now and then is that we brought in lots of new players in January but actually became worse.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

That’s where I am now. Another game watched and another abject display on and off the pitch.

Time and time again they haven't performed. How many times today did we get a simple 5 yard pass wrong, that's not down to the manager, doesn't matter what tactics, formation or players you use, if players can't do the basics then we have no hope.

Rooney will get the headlines, but these players have underperformed game after game after game, I can accept losing, but performances like today are unacceptable. 

I was really worried when Beilik got injured, he was the lynchpin to our team. We somehow manage to bundle a few wins and I thought we’d be ok. My fears are coming to fruition now, we have midfielders that have zero control of the game and a manger who wants to change formation every game. Sooner this season is over the better, another Saturday afternoon pissed off, some times I really do wish I could turn off being a football fan but know for a fact il be getting the laptop back out Wednesday night. Sigh.

2 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Well new manager bounce well and truly over now. And dare i say it for the first time i'm starting to doubt Rooney. Don't understand the constant tinkering and switching formations. It just reminds me of Cocu or even Van Gaal at Man Utd. Really outdated tactics that just don't work in this country. You have to play high tempo as all 4 divisions in England are like this. 

What worries me more than anything is we just never look like scoring a goal. And to be honest we are just so boring to watch. Sad times to be a DCFC fan, what has happened to us?

I know i will likely receive a lot of stick for this, but I'm just going to put it out there anyway,  Lampard is available.

Agree with most of that but if we got rid of Rooney we couldn't afford to take my gran on as gaffer never mind lamps.

Rooney not sounding as wise and knowledgeable and confident on radio Derby right now.

He is a novice manager and it's not an easy situation granted - but we need to get ourselves going again.

On the plus side, Wayne, we're just doing our usual February in March and when the clocks go forward we'll wake ourselves up again.

9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I didn't bother paying to watch this one. Regrettably, it looks like the right decision. Don't think it's gonna get any better vs Barnsley's high intensity.

Unfortunately, none of the loanees look much good.

Barnsley are 6th now won the last 7. 
Would be a real shoe eater to beat them eh?@JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

That was really, really poor. We were lacking creativity, too many players playing safe, negative passes, Buchanan possibly the biggest culprit.

Roberts was starting to look good then we stopped passing to him.

Byrne probably had his worst game.

The changes mid week look diabolical now.

Wisdom spent too much time watching the ball and got caught out too often. Clarke wasn't much better. 

Bird and Shinnie don't really work as a midfield 2, Knight isn't a wide player, Waghorn and CKR couldn't get in the game, and when they did get the ball they were poor with it. 

Things really need to improve otherwise we will be seriously back in trouble. 

Think you mentioned pretty much all the team there and cant disagree with anything  

Make no mistake keep playing like this and we are in serious trouble,even if we escape by the skin of our teeth this season without massive injection of cash i just cant see were we are going.If Beilik keeps getting injured he is just becoming another George Thorne  and we look woeful without him,worrying times

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Rooney not sounding as wise and knowledgeable and confident on radio Derby right now.

He is a novice manager and it's not an easy situation granted - but we need to get ourselves going again.

On the plus side, Wayne, we're just doing our usual February in March and when the clocks go forward we'll wake ourselves up again.

We are devoid of quality and devoid of creativity...worrying times...

20 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m not saying he isn’t a quality player but this is woeful. We should be competitive without him. 

We didn't get anyone in as a backup DM. We needed someone like Bradley Johnson there to ensure we had an aerial presence in midfield without him. Bird, Knight and Shinnie don't win enough 2nd balls. Substitute any one of them for for a stronger player (Bielik, Johnson...) and we suddenly have less defending on the edge of our box to do.

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well...............

Not been a good week. Rooney who has done well up to now and you can’t really fault him, he has had a really bad week with team selection and tactics. Players not helping him with form. Now we will see what he’s made of and this team is made of. 

We had a great run to put us in a position where we had a great chance to pull clear and give ourselves a comfortable end to the season. However I now think it will be a dogfight to the end from Forest down to Rotherham to avoid that last relegation spot. Don’t rule out Luton being sucked back into it (that game is looking a big one at PP).

I think we have enough and will rediscover the form to get us over the line, but it won’t be pretty and there will be lots of twists and turns. 

I just hope we don’t need results in the last 3 games, then I will really be panicking. 

But beat Barnsley (they must be due a bad performance at some point) and Millwall and it all looks different again.

I was nodding in agreement with your post...then I got to the last line, beat Barnsley lol, if we beat Barnsley I’ll save @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta the trouble of eating his shoes, I’ll eat them for him.

Barnsley have a team ethic, belief and excellent form going into this game, we are bereft of confidence and direction. We really are quite bad.

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

He isn't much kop unless he can borrow a few top end premier standard players. 

what you mean like Harry Wilson, now still playing in the championship?

Tomori i don't think is massively better than Clarke

Yes Mount is quality, but he wasn't the player he is now 3 years ago. 

Lampard made every player look better, you can't argue with that.

3 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I was really worried when Beilik got injured, he was the lynchpin to our team. We somehow manage to bundle a few wins and I thought we’d be ok. My fears are coming to fruition now, we have midfielders that have zero control of the game and a manger who wants to change formation every game. Sooner this season is over the better, another Saturday afternoon pissed off, some times I really do wish I could turn off being a football fan but know for a fact il be getting the laptop back out Wednesday night. Sigh.

Me too unfortunately

Archived