Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

18 minutes ago, AbuDerbyDave said:

We’ve already got Mac don’t see any change

It's seemed to me that Rooney has believed in his own hype a little too much of late and clearly thought he knew best,with the result that Macs advice has been sidelined.....there's nothing about our recent games that suggests any Mac input whatsoever and Macs been conspicuous by his absence in the stand from recent TV coverage (well,I haven't seen him,so not a totally scientific observation).

Might do well to knock on his door again.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MickD said:

I have followed the Rams since the 50's.  We are not in the Prem we are in a very average Championship and still struggle to score more than one goal a game.  Need a time machine to go back to the 70's

I think we were worse in the late 70s and early 80s

Out worked and out fought AGAIN. In fact Id go as far as saying I have not seen a game this season where I thought our work rate was higher than the team we were playing. Sorry it is negative but the the physical side of the game is important in the Championship. Size, Pace, work rate, physicality, call it what you want, we Lack it.

41 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Also don't like to single players out but I'm struggling to work out what Shinnie is bringing to this team at the minute. He's not providing much by way of defensive solidity & he looks uncomfortable on the ball - exactly the opposite of what we need when chasing the match. Quite frankly he could have come off immediately after Coventry's goal for the impact he made thereafter.

I’ve been saying this all season as well and get shouted down ... if you have seen any of my comments on him it’s been a while now my biggest gripe is what sort of player is he cause I’m pretty sure he doesn’t know himself

4 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

The loans are all crap. I don’t trust Our management (?) team to recruit the right players

They loans in January should have been fighters to get us clear of the drop  this season. Not lightweights and wannabes

We are bad on and off the pitch thus hardly likely to attract anything of quality. What a mess we have become. Need a fresh start with new owners.

5 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I don't think it's the overall problem, I think it was the issue on Wednesday. We fielded an under strength side in a league match. The players aren't performing anyway but that selection seemed to be in some way linked to playing a stronger team tonight? The players are not stepping up.

Do you think any player that started today showed they would have made a difference on Wednesday? I don't, not one, they can't use the excuse of fatigue as he took that away. Just seems people seem to be focused on what the manager is doing rather than the bigger issue which is the pile of ? we have been left with at any managers disposal. 

The club is in a mess, even if we stay in this league, next season is going to be no better unless something changes over the summer.

3 minutes ago, Silko said:

I’ve been saying this all season as well and get shouted down ... if you have seen any of my comments on him it’s been a while now my biggest gripe is what sort of player is he cause I’m pretty sure he doesn’t know himself

In a side which is looking to play deep against attacking opposition, Shinnie is good at competing for second balls & fine on the ball when there's space to move into/pass into.

When we're chasing the game or have a lot of the ball, he offers practically nothing. He's pretty one dimensional as you need players that can adapt to game situations (for obvious reasons)...his skillset isnt strong enough to do that & hence I think he needs replacing with Knight, who is seemingly ineffective other than deep central midfield (but better & braver on the ball)

My god whilst I appreciate Rooney assessment after the match he talks about a lack of communication and going forward .... simple question why are you picking a team like that then and what have you been doing on the training field if there is such a lack vocal communication and put players on that want to do what Watson is trying to do 

10 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Do you think any player that started today showed they would have made a difference on Wednesday? I don't, not one, they can't use the excuse of fatigue as he took that away. Just seems people seem to be focused on what the manager is doing rather than the bigger issue which is the pile of ? we have been left with at any managers disposal. 

The club is in a mess, even if we stay in this league, next season is going to be no better unless something changes over the summer.

No, playing like today would not have made a difference but thats with hindsight, maybe we would have played well and got something with a better team on Wednesday and had more confidence going into today. Just was a strange selection but doesn't change the fact the players are not performing well enough. Without Bielik, the midfield is not strong enough. 

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

Well new manager bounce well and truly over now. And dare i say it for the first time i'm starting to doubt Rooney. Don't understand the constant tinkering and switching formations. It just reminds me of Cocu or even Van Gaal at Man Utd. Really outdated tactics that just don't work in this country. You have to play high tempo as all 4 divisions in England are like this. 

What worries me more than anything is we just never look like scoring a goal. And to be honest we are just so boring to watch. Sad times to be a DCFC fan, what has happened to us?

I know i will likely receive a lot of stick for this, but I'm just going to put it out there anyway,  Lampard is available.

but mount,tomori,and wilson are'nt

For all the issues the 'big' problems the most niggling thing for me is how little Gregory gets involved in well.. anything. 

We try to stay tight and win close games with CKR up top on his own. If we concede we have Gregory to bring on to 'go for it' but it changes nothing because he is never near the thing. Which means we quickly revert to negative thinking next game. 

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

For all the issues the 'big' problems the most niggling thing for me is how little Gregory gets involved in well.. anything. 

We try to stay tight and win close games with CKR up top on his own. If we concede we have Gregory to bring on to 'go for it' but it changes nothing because he is never near the thing. Which means we quickly revert to negative thinking next game. 

Or he misses 2 absolute sitters....we just lack quality, creativity and any cutting edge...a worrying combination...

3 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

No, playing like today would not have made a difference but thats with hindsight, maybe we would have played well and got something with a better team on Wednesday and had more confidence going into today. Just was a strange selection but doesn't change the fact the players are not performing well enough. Without Bielik, the midfield is not strong enough. 

I just think all over the pitch we aren't strong enough, as I said previously there isn't one player who I would be sad to see leave.

12 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's seemed to me that Rooney has believed in his own hype a little too much of late and clearly thought he knew best,with the result that Macs advice has been sidelined.....there's nothing about our recent games that suggests any Mac input whatsoever and Macs been conspicuous by his absence in the stand from recent TV coverage (well,I haven't seen him,so not a totally scientific observation).

Might do well to knock on his door again.

This is based on little more than guesswork, and your own belief in McClaren being the only coach that matters.

The recent performances aren't good, but neither were the Mac games away at Rotherham and Millwall, and at home against Reading, when we only needed a point to make play offs in his first spell.

How did Mac's input turn out in his last game in charge second time around, Vs Brighton away, when he laughed and joked his way through a pitiful performance?

I don't know what influence he has now, if any, but neither do you, so to put our downturn in form to Wayne ignoring his advice is myopic to say the least.

6 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

‘Not strong enough’ non existent more like.

Archived