Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

Coventry v Derby 

Sat 06/03/21     15:00pm KO

Venue: St Andrews Trillion Trophy Stadium 

After a Taff night in Cardiff which of the players will be sent to Coventry for this one?(ok it's technically in Birmingham but that didn't sound quite right).Back to the tried and tested back four is a must for me. Too much tinkering in that department contributed to our downfall in Wales. Wisdom and  Clarke after being rock solid in recent weeks both had poor displays.

Of course they weren't alone in being below par so there will be a few players sweating on whether they'll make the starting lineup in this crucial game. I think the only man guaranteed a place is our now talismanic striker CKR. Can he reignite our Wooo factor? Thoughts please.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roos

Byrne      Wisdom    Clarke     Fozzy

Shinnie

Bird                 Watson

Waggers                                    Roberts

CKR

image.png.3857ca89226d77732ef78f1bc5fc6929.png

Arguably our 2 best performances of the season vs Swansea and Birmingham were in a 4-3-3 (that was with Bielik though).

Can we please just put out a solid, tested team (especially defence) instead of a completely different lineup each game. 

I just got a nagging feeling we'll lose this one just because we rested players and expected to lose against Cardiff. It's just the way it always sodding goes. It's one of the reasons I never blamed Wassall for putting the full team out vs Ipswitch that time (I know what happened to George happened, but hindsight is always 20/20)

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I just got a nagging feeling we'll lose this one just because we rested players and expected to lose against Cardiff. It's just the way it always sodding goes. It's one of the reasons I never blamed Wassall for putting the full team out vs Ipswitch that time (I know what happened to George happened, but hindsight is always 20/20)

I think I am somewhere in between....rest 2 or 3.....but not 6

Mick Coop

Mo Konjic 

Nick Pickering

Barry Powell

What is there not to like about Coventry? I remember a Frank Stapleton debut and a 3-0 win fondly. A much needed win as I remember.

As for this game, who knows. Maybe playing your best players in their proper positions and not spending the game pissing about at the back might be a good starting point. 

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Mick Coop

Mo Konjic 

Nick Pickering

Barry Powell

What is there not to like about Coventry? I remember a Frank Stapleton debut and a 3-0 win fondly. A much needed win as I remember.

As for this game, who knows. Maybe playing your best players in their proper positions and not spending the game pissing about at the back might be a good starting point. 

Been lots of times to see the Rams away at Coventry, both at Highfield Road and the Ricoh....good and bad memories. The 6-1 loss when Brown got the worst vitriolic abuse I have ever witnessed stands out. I have watched Coventry a bit this season. Play at a high tempo and create chances. O’Hare is a young player who stands out. We will need to be on our game to get anything out of it. Let’s hope we dispense with the tappy tappy passes around our area and play at a high tempo ourselves ?

4 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Mick Coop

Mo Konjic 

Nick Pickering

Barry Powell

I don't mind Cov at all. I do feel for them with all they've been through over the last few years and they've always struck me as a club that's down to earth and unpretensious. Yes, everything went wrong with the Richo and it only "worked" finance wise if they packed out the ground in the PL year after year, but "a new stadium is the only way" was very much a trend in football at that time.

Bit of an underdog club that managed to stick around the prem far longer than they had any right to and have had to survive some horrible trauma with SISU, some of the worst owners in football who aren't the crowd who ran blackpool.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I don't mind Cov at all. I do feel for them with all they've been through over the last few years and they've always struck me as a club that's down to earth and unpretensious. Yes, everything went wrong with the Richo and it only "worked" finance wise if they packed out the ground in the PL year after year, but "a new stadium is the only way" was very much a trend in football at that time.

Bit of an underdog club that managed to stick around the prem far longer than they had any right to and have had to survive some horrible trauma with SISU, some of the worst owners in football who aren't the crowd who ran blackpool.

Agree, quite like the Sky Blues ?

1 hour ago, David said:

Nice to see some normality back to the topic titles, feel more confident about this game now after the Cardiff init disaster.

Well, funny you should say that.

It feels like I’ve been sent to Coventry in the mod room. ?

What I'd pick

Roos*

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan 

Bird

Watson  Shinnie/Knight

Waghorn      CKR      Jozwiak 

*Assuming Marshall isn't fit

The actual team is almost certainly the one that start against forest though in a 4231.

Archived