Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

16 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

What did my head in today was the lack of urgency during the last 10 minutes. We are losing to a very average side and still taking our time to get the ball forward. 

Coventry didn't have to waste time, we did it for them. Buchanan wasted a few minutes taking throw ins, Roos and the back line insisted on knocking it about until they were under that much pressure they had to hit it long.....ffs, hit it long first time, theres minutes left and were losing.......I can cope with a lack of quality, poor passing, genuine mistakes, but for the first time in ages I actually thought the players didn't care enough today. It didn't seem important enough for them to hurry everything up and go for it.

Its very rare I'm down, I love DCFC with all my heart and I always look for the positives, but when were struggling, the one thing I want is for the players to care. I didn't see that today.

Come on Wayne, you always cared as a player, you gave everything every time you played for your clubs and England. It mattered to you, make it matter to your players.

This is exactly what exasperated me too. Not just the last 10 mins. Slow to take free kicks and throw ins throughout the match. Players seemed relieved when the ball wasn’t in play. Slow in possession, slow out of possession and slow to get the ball into play. The latter is unforgivable. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The changes that Rooney made and created some success have know been rumbled as it were, particularly without Bielik. We are incredibly predictable in the way that we play, mainly due to the set up of our midfield (in my unqualified opinion). There is little or no forward movement with the ball. Players hate being run at, it inevitably pulls other players out of position and disrupts the way the opposition is set up to stop us. We have Sibley who can fill that role, we have Baningime who looks as if he can fill that role. Does it matter if they lose the ball occasionally, we are going to give it to them anyway they way we are playing at the moment. I have enough faith in Rooney that I am certain he will make some changes. It is certainly time to move Waghorn to the bench (or beyond), he looks lost on any role he is given.

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Makes me laugh when our players whilst being interviewed trot out stuff like "we know we have the quality in the dressing room" pah!!! 

Unfortunately we don't play in the dressing room.  Some of them should stay there and make the tea.

5 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

This is exactly what exasperated me too. Not just the last 10 mins. Slow to take free kicks and throw ins throughout the match. Players seemed relieved when the ball wasn’t in play. Slow in possession, slow out of possession and slow to get the ball into play. The latter is unforgivable. 

I was shouting at the telly. Its not good for me blood pressure.

Archived