Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think Knight has been really disappointing for the last 8 games or so....playing him out of position hasn’t helped...

I'm biased as he isn't my type of player, but in a poor team he will stand out as he lacks quality on the ball. With better players around him he can be very effective, his energy winning the ball back and giving it to players who can do something with it.

What is his position though ?

I still think we have enough to be ok. I still think we have some decent players but Wayne seems to leave the tactics to Kermit, and we are now seeing the tinkering that was all too evident under cocu.

too many changes. Too many different tactical strategies. We have lost all shape and pattern. 
since Wycombe when the players were clearly instructed to hoof it - as was confirmed afterwards - our forward passing game has gone to pot and the confidence is evaporating. 
the defence which was so solid now looks wobbly and the good youngsters are fading before our eyes.
Sibley, knight and Bird have all been overtaken by Louie Watson. 

It’s very disappointing when we can’t even give Coventry a decent game. 

I really hope we at least start to contemplate life after Rooney.

1 hour ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

We're going backwards at the moment. We've been sliding for weeks, and that was just utter crap.

It says something when the most frustrated player on the pitch and the only player to try and pass the ball forwards in the last 4 minutes of injury time was a kid who has barely kicked a ball professionally. 

Watson was also the only player I heard speak throughout the game. How often is that the case?

Quoting myself here, but it's interesting that Rooney picked up on this in his post match interview. 

Frightening that the only playing consistently talking on the pitch is an academy lad fresh into the team. 

Teams that don't communicate are not successful. This needs to be sorted now. Our centre halves should NOT be both going for the same header under no pressure. 

8 minutes ago, jono said:

I think that’s fair, but for me when he has the ball or is looking for it he displays skill and effort at a level above some of the others. If it was the playground and you were picking teams from your gaggle of mates I’d pick Jason early doors regardless of where he was being played. .. Of all the crop he is the one for that’s “got it” in a broader sense 

that's kind of the point though, we're playing professional football, not on the playground.

43 minutes ago, Silko said:

My god whilst I appreciate Rooney assessment after the match he talks about a lack of communication and going forward .... simple question why are you picking a team like that then and what have you been doing on the training field if there is such a lack vocal communication and put players on that want to do what Watson is trying to do 

On the training field, slowly jogging about and especially Waghorn, badly trying to lift a ball into a static rubbish bin, with a few little games of footie with the bibs on, to tire them all out.

I think WR is happy to let RamsTV put this stuff out, to realy help explain, what he has to work with.

At least all the lads seem happy and are training with smiles on their faces.

Preparations ahead of Coventry City

30 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

To be fair it was a game between two very poor sides. Coventry were very poor too. They hit the post but created very little either, plus they were gifted the goal...

They tried to play football, had a good defence and eleven players giving their best.

2 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Quoting myself here, but it's interesting that Rooney picked up on this in his post match interview. 

Frightening that the only playing consistently talking on the pitch is an academy lad fresh into the team. 

Teams that don't communicate are not successful. This needs to be sorted now. Our centre halves should NOT be both going for the same header under no pressure. 

No captain on the field today

4 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

On the training field, slowly jogging about and badly, especially Waghorn, trying to lift a ball into a static rubbish bin, with a few little games of footie with the bibs on, to tire them all out.

Wouldn’t have the creativity to remove the lid first .

18 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Hudders is too old and slow now and would be very unfit....

The very fact he packed in rather than take the reduced deal on offer tells you everything you need to know about his motivation. 

9 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

I'm biased as he isn't my type of player, but in a poor team he will stand out as he lacks quality on the ball. With better players around him he can be very effective, his energy winning the ball back and giving it to players who can do something with it.

What is his position though ?

Agree 

centrally in a 3 as 1 of the 2 runners in front of a holding midfielder.

One of the Bryson or Hendrick in front of Thorne/ eustace 

5 minutes ago, Rampage said:

They tried to play football, had a good defence and eleven players giving their best.

I don’t think there was that much between the teams. I wasn’t on the edge of my seat worrying about  them scoring too often. But they did enough...

I don’t believe the Hog wash Rooney tried to sell us about taking a gamble on Tuesday. If I was gambling I wouldn’t put my money on us winning that game. 
I think the lesson is to try to win every game. Players looked like they were off the pace today and it can’t be because they played on Tuesday because Byrne who gave the ball away for the goal was rested and none of the others that were rested weren’t much kop either. 

Genuinely a little nervous about relegation for the first time. 

We are playing dreadful, limp football and don't have a ton of options on the bench. A win and a couple of improved performances and things will look a hell of a lot better but for 3 games now we have certainly looked every inch like a bottom 3 team. 

Archived