Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

As soon as shinnie went off we looked more positive 

not a slight in him ... but when u have 2 holding midfielders u lack so many options going forward 

as soon as Watson came on and was buzzing around ahead of bird with knight all of a sudden we had options and looked marginally better

this wasn’t helped by Buchanan,wisdom and burns glacial like movement of the ball mind 

our back line were so slow moving the ball it was painful literally need rockets up the asses 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've arrived at Rooney's first challenge being a manager, I'm just hoping that he's up to the task. Top managers can turn around these situations, unfortunately he doesn't yet have the experience to cope with this, especially with the lower quality players that he has to work with, unlike Fergie at Man U.

16 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

what you mean like Harry Wilson, now still playing in the championship?

Tomori i don't think is massively better than Clarke

Yes Mount is quality, but he wasn't the player he is now 3 years ago. 

Lampard made every player look better, you can't argue with that.

Saw some tosh under Lamps. I'll give you Waghorn tho. 

The rest of the current rammel weren't playing for the first team then were they? 

The rest looked better because they, er, were? 

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

We've arrived at Rooney's first challenge being a manager, I'm just hoping that he's up to the task. Top managers can turn around these situations, unfortunately he doesn't yet have the experience to cope with this, especially with the lower quality players that he has to work with, unlike Fergie at Man U.

Rooney is no fergie, never will be

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

As soon as shinnie went off we looked more positive 

not a slight in him ... but when u have 2 holding midfielders u lack so many options going forward 

as soon as Watson came on and was buzzing around ahead of bird with knight all of a sudden we had options and looked marginally better

this wasn’t helped by Buchanan,wisdom and burns glacial like movement of the ball mind 

our back line were so slow moving the ball it was painful literally need rockets up the asses 

We looked better but still created absolutely nothing. I can’t remember their keeper having to make a save in the second half. Everyone seems to be moaning about Waggers but Gregory did nothing either. We just create nothing, that is the most worrying aspect for me...

Not sure why people are getting so wound up with resting players in midweek, based on today's performance even if they had played we would have still lost. This issue is as a group of players they aren't good enough, our squad is not better than any other in the league.

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Looking at the players we have what would you do differently? I just don’t think we are very good.

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Saw some tosh under Lamps. I'll give you Waghorn tho. 

The rest of the current rammel weren't playing for the first team then were they? 

The rest looked better because they, er, were? 

Waghorn, Bennett, Lawrence, Malone, Marriott, Evans, Holmes, all better under Lampard

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You must be very young then if you can't remember the ritual defeat every matchday when we were last in the Premiership. 

The only synergy with our situation now and then is that we brought in lots of new players in January but actually became worse.

I accepted then that we were not at Premiership standard and that we would use that experience to bounce back if not after one season then certainly two ... I was considered a young man then

Tell me where the highlight of this season is we are in the championship looking only good enough to barely survive and only then because we are fortunate there are hopefully 3 teams worse than us Birmingham Wycombe and Sheff Wed and we didn’t look convincing in most of the match against those three (obviously the 4-0 is the exception rather than the rule)  

Losing is part of football but it’s the performances are absolutely shocking they aren’t even able to string passes together and the less said about the midfield the better

We’ve stopped scoring now as well and that’s just the terrible state of the team on the field 

40 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Yup. It's a case of stumbling to safety this season (hopefully) and then, as Rooney said, getting the recruitment spot on in the summer. 

Complete agree, but this will depend on the stability of our finances which has been a big talking point for what seems like  forever now.  Where will we be with FFP? Something I’ll never understand when Florist buy a new team every year.

5 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Not sure why people are getting so wound up with resting players in midweek, based on today's performance even if they had played we would have still lost. This issue is as a group of players they aren't good enough, our squad is not better than any other in the league.

Half a team should not need to be rested in a competitive match. Too many changes for the sake of 'resting.' 

1 minute ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Half a team should not need to be rested in a competitive match. Too many changes for the sake of 'resting.' 

He knows he is struggling to get 11 on a pitch to compete with teams, todays performance showed that. It's not the rotation that's the problem, it's the players out on the pitch that aren't good enough.

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Waghorn, Bennett, Lawrence, Malone, Marriott, Evans, Holmes, all better under Lampard

None here now. So you reckon he could get a tune out of a different crew? My Chelsea supporting mate was highly critical of his use of their players, all of whom regressed under Frank. 

Ah well, your opinion. I happen to disagree. ?

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You must be very young then if you can't remember the ritual defeat every matchday when we were last in the Premiership. 

The only synergy with our situation now and then is that we brought in lots of new players in January but actually became worse.

I have followed the Rams since the 50's.  We are not in the Prem we are in a very average Championship and still struggle to score more than one goal a game.  Need a time machine to go back to the 70's

Just now, BIllyD said:

He knows he is struggling to get 11 on a pitch to compete with teams, todays performance showed that. It's not the rotation that's the problem, it's the players out on the pitch that aren't good enough.

I don't think it's the overall problem, I think it was the issue on Wednesday. We fielded an under strength side in a league match. The players aren't performing anyway but that selection seemed to be in some way linked to playing a stronger team tonight? The players are not stepping up.

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

None here now. So you reckon he could get a tune out of a different crew? My Chelsea supporting mate was highly critical of his use of their players, all of whom regressed under Frank. 

Ah well, your opinion. I happen to disagree. ?

Waghorn and Lawrence haven’t been sold have they ?

Archived