The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

6 hours ago, Archied said:

Yes I’m certain they will , we accepted and made a decision recently that we are going to have to change our lives ( forced ) for the worse, we will not go anywhere that forces masks , vaccine passports, track and trace details and all the other guff that goes with this ,sad state of affairs at our stage of life having worked our backsides off for years ,,,,, BUT we have children and hopefully will have grandchildren and will stand up for them to have freedoms and a life WORTH living ,, after all the generation before me did that for us at far far greater cost ??‍♂️

While I don't like that some portion of the population are refusing to get vaccinated, I accept that they have a right to do so. But don't equate these anti-vaccers with previous generations who gave their lives to preserve the nations freedom.

8 hours ago, 1of4 said:

While I don't like that some portion of the population are refusing to get vaccinated, I accept that they have a right to do so. But don't equate these anti-vaccers with previous generations who gave their lives to preserve the nations freedom.

I don’t equate what you blanket call anti vaxers with previous generations either but I do with your statement that you accept their right to not have the vaccine ( for whatever reasons) that’s the kind of thinking past generations stood up for ,I’m at a loss to understand people who have banged on for years about protecting people’s rights who are different to the majority now finding it acceptable and even easy to trash people now and drive them out of society,

there was a time when that was everything the people of this country stood against and despised, I personally don’t want anyone who s not wearing a mask to be automatically looked down on , judged and labelled as some sort of scum and we have people on here very happy to do that ,perhaps I’m just as guilty when I see people out in the fresh air wearing them and will take stock of that??‍♂️,

vaccine passports might be easier to swallow if the survival percentage from this virus was not massive and the vaccine stopped people catching and spreading it but that’s not the case , they are something else altogether for what in truth is a new virus that has caught os on the hop for knowing how to treat it and exposed our pitiful stretching to the bare bones of the NHS, the money used to bring them in and run them along with the multi millions wasted on fear campaign s ,ping apps and the like would serve us better spent on the NHS being built to proper levels going forward , that kind of thinking would make a better world for our children than the road we seem desperate to go down now??‍♂️.

I personally don’t want my children’s futures destroyed on the slim chance I may die of covid because at 60 years old I’m going to die of something in the not too distant future , we don’t live forever

Edited by Archied

1 hour ago, Archied said:

I don’t equate what you blanket call anti vaxers with previous generations either but I do with your statement that you accept their right to not have the vaccine ( for whatever reasons) that’s the kind of thinking past generations stood up for ,I’m at a loss to understand people who have banged on for years about protecting people’s rights who are different to the majority now finding it acceptable and even easy to trash people now and drive them out of society,

there was a time when that was everything the people of this country stood against and despised, I personally don’t want anyone who s not wearing a mask to be automatically looked down on , judged and labelled as some sort of scum and we have people on here very happy to do that ,perhaps I’m just as guilty when I see people out in the fresh air wearing them and will take stock of that??‍♂️,

vaccine passports might be easier to swallow if the survival percentage from this virus was not massive and the vaccine stopped people catching and spreading it but that’s not the case , they are something else altogether for what in truth is a new virus that has caught os on the hop for knowing how to treat it and exposed our pitiful stretching to the bare bones of the NHS, the money used to bring them in and run them along with the multi millions wasted on fear campaign s ,ping apps and the like would serve us better spent on the NHS being built to proper levels going forward , that kind of thinking would make a better world for our children than the road we seem desperate to go down now??‍♂️.

I personally don’t want my children’s futures destroyed on the slim chance I may die of covid because at 60 years old I’m going to die of something in the not too distant future , we don’t live forever

People’s rights should protected provided they do not endanger others. You could argue that you should have the right to have a few pints and then drive your own car or, you should have the right to drive your high powered car at what ever speed you choose on the motorway, or carry a loaded gun but clearly those are personal rights that need to be restricted. If (and it’s a massive if I know) that it is widely accepted that wearing masks in certain circumstances, track and trace and vaccine passports for certain limited situations really do help control the spread of the virus then, for the greater good, perhaps it’s not unreasonable for them to be considered.

Edited by Tamworthram

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

People’s rights should protected provided they do not endanger others. You could argue that you should have the right to have a few pints and then drive your own car or, you should have the right to drive your high powered car at what ever speed you choose on the motorway, or carry a loaded gun but clearly those are personal rights that need to be restricted. If (and it’s a massive if I know) that it is widely accepted that wearing masks in certain circumstances, track and trace and vaccine passports for certain limited situations really do help control the spread of the virus then, for the greater good, perhaps it’s not unreasonable for them to be considered.

But...but... my freedoms (alternate spelling may apply)...

Two weeks since we've been able to make a choice of wearing a mask or not. 

The figures tell us that it's not made any difference. 

People should just respect eachothers decision whether you want to wear one or not. And if anybody has a serious issue in people not, you probably need to not go in any indoor settings. 

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

You do realise that people have lives, family s,and priorities of their own dont you ? Yea silly question everyone should do what’s right for Eddie ??‍♂️

6 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

People should just respect eachothers decision whether you want to wear one or not. And if anybody has a serious issue in people not, you probably need to not go in any indoor settings. 

Are you being serious?

After Eddie's reports of all of the Covidiots in Tesco at Ashby I think we all know this is only heading one way.

Apparently after reading this forum even Professor Ferguson decided to upgradd his forecasts of 200,000 positive tests a day to 200,000 per hour!

But on a serious note, its almost as if adults are actually capable of behaving like adults when the Government decide to allow them

40 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Are you being serious?

After Eddie's reports of all of the Covidiots in Tesco at Ashby I think we all know this is only heading one way.

Apparently after reading this forum even Professor Ferguson decided to upgradd his forecasts of 200,000 positive tests a day to 200,000 per hour!

But on a serious note, its almost as if adults are actually capable of behaving like adults when the Government decide to allow them

I’m waiting for the old Churchill reverse speech, never has so much been owed to so many by so few 

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

What like freedom to get an education, earn a living , buy something in a shop, take a bus or a train , see a loved one or family member you haven’t seen for the best part of two years who may be ill or die before you ever see them again ( perhaps not if you’ve plenty of money and time to spare not needed to earning a living ) ,no your right people get so silly about such petty things??‍♂️,

people have been bombarded with fear to the point they are practically begging to have their lives run and decisions made for them by a government that has shown beyond doubt it is totally incapable of joined up thinking , making a decision it doesn’t realise within days is stupid or unworkable and abiding by anything they do put in place themselves , I also include the opposition in this ?,

I’m stunned normal people with an ounce of sense are prepared to hand over their lives and children’s futures to our so called leaders, it’s like some crazy form of institutionalisation 

Edited by Archied

7 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

So freedom and choice is just for some. 

I have to laugh. 

The outright audacity of some on here is laughable. 

Openly calling out those not wearing a mask in an air conditioned, ventilated supermarket, but happy trotting into poorly ventilated pubs and sitting in stale air whilst taking their mask off (or maybe not wear one at all) to sup every now and again or eat a meal. 

Is one worse than the other? Nobody knows. And as its personal choice, who cares. But stop with the fake ********. Nauseating. 

Edited by Norman

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

I have to laugh. 

The outright audacity of some on here is laughable. 

Openly calling out those not wearing a mask in an air conditioned, ventilated supermarket, but happy trotting into poorly ventilated pubs and sitting in stale air whilst taking their mask off to sup every now and again or eat a meal. 

Is one worse than the other? Nobody knows. And as its personal choice, who cares. But stop with the fake ********. Nauseating. 

Yea but there’s beer in pubs ???

Not put one on since freedom day yet. Everywhere I’ve been into, more people haven’t. Only exception was a late evening trip to Sainsburys where I would say more were than not, but very few in there in total.

Two points from me, fairly confident most work places now with some kind of office footprint will have more people than any shop but they won’t be wearing masks. Fine by me!

Final point, is it just me but when I see any police wearing masks none of them are actually wearing them properly!