The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

40 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

FB_IMG_1627970486895.jpg

Professor Ferguson went on to predict that 500,000 people would die as a result of sinking ships.

The Government banned all cruise liners, except for the ones taking rich people on holiday or ferrying illegal immigrants across from France. 

Wearing armbands when near water becomes mandatory, with some people choosing to wear them even in the shower and the bath. 

Young people are offered a rubber duck to wear their armbands.

Eddie tells anyone choosing not to wear full scuba diving gear that they are dividiots and selfish.

Labour contine to back all measures and then in the next breath say how ridiculous the measures are.

Edited by G STAR RAM

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Professor Ferguson went on to predict that 500,000 people would die as a result of sinking ships.

The Government banned all cruise liners, except for the ones taking rich people on holiday or ferrying illegal immigrants across from France. 

Wearing armbands when near water becomes mandatory, with some people choosing to wear them even in the shower and the bath. 

Eddie tells anyone choosing not to wear full scuba diving gear that they are dividiots and selfish.

Labour contine to back all measures and then in the next breath say how ridiculous the measures are.

Wanted to give this post a laughing face and an applause!

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

That was great. Here is my dcfc fans version. I expect a similar reply!

Gstar recruits the captain, but doesn't blame him for crashing straight into the iceberg as no one else could have directed any better, even though the captain had appointed a crew who had never been to sea previously.

Texas refuses to accept the ship is sinking as the violinists can still play with water up to their ankles. Sorry knees. Now thighs.

Archie knows the company have deliberately sunk the ship and the drowned captain was in on it ?‍♂️

Maxjam thinks that all people will be rounded up and marched onto boats that are then sunk.

9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Gstar recruits the captain, but doesn't blame him for crashing straight into the iceberg as no one else could have directed any better, even though the captain had appointed a crew who had never been to sea previously.

Texas refuses to accept the ship is sinking as the violinists can still play with water up to their ankles. Sorry knees. Now thighs.

Archie knows the company have deliberately sunk the ship and the drowned captain was in on it ?‍♂️

Maxjam thinks that all people will be rounded up and marched onto boats that are then sunk.

And a riot refuses to comment as it only affected a minority of people and he’s totally confused as to where he stands on defending minorities rights anymore ??

46 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Texas refuses to accept the ship is sinking as the violinists can still play with water up to their ankles. Sorry knees. Now thighs

I’d know the Ship sinking but if you can swim then stop moaning. 

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

maxjam thinks that all the people will be rounded up and 'marched' onto boats if they are willing to have the vaccine, the rest are allowed to swim back to shore by themselves. (FTFY)

Fortunately everyone was screaming 'ICEBERG', 'ICEBERG' as they got on the boat that they never left the dock anyway so its not that far to swim - the Captain was so distracted looking for icebergs everywhere that he hit the harbour wall and there will be a 99.5% survival rate*

*some old codger died of a heart attack but was subsequently found floating in the harbour so they put it down as a drowning.

Edited by maxjam

Its good that, despite our differences of opinion, we can still have a laugh from time to time and, hopefully, nobody takes it too seriously!

Regards your portrayal of me here...come on! I cant do right for doing wrong!

Early in the pandemic I cut the Government some slack as we were in completely unchartered territory. I was subsequently told I was defending the indefensible.

As the pandemic has progressed I've cut less slack as they have now had plenty of time to learn and, hence, I have been quite critical of the Governments approach, and now I am told that I should bot be critical because I'm being selfish and the Government are following the science (this is at the same time that I am being told that the Government aren't following the science).

53 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Its good that, despite our differences of opinion, we can still have a laugh from time to time and, hopefully, nobody takes it too seriously!

Regards your portrayal of me here...come on! I cant do right for doing wrong!

Early in the pandemic I cut the Government some slack as we were in completely unchartered territory. I was subsequently told I was defending the indefensible.

As the pandemic has progressed I've cut less slack as they have now had plenty of time to learn and, hence, I have been quite critical of the Governments approach, and now I am told that I should bot be critical because I'm being selfish and the Government are following the science (this is at the same time that I am being told that the Government aren't following the science).

Look, we don't make the rules!

1 hour ago, Archied said:

And a riot refuses to comment as it only affected a minority of people and he’s totally confused as to where he stands on defending minorities rights anymore ??

Almost good bants, but doesn't quite work as I'm always up for defending minority rights, whether it was before Covid, or the (rather large) minority of people who are in danger of Covid!

54 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Almost good bants, but doesn't quite work as I'm always up for defending minority rights, whether it was before Covid, or the (rather large) minority of people who are in danger of Covid!

What about the minority of people who, for whatever their reasons, do not wish to be vaccinated?

Will you be defending their rights to have an education and go about living their lives the way you have been able to live yours?

Non vaccinated ? The apparently small minority that can’t or don’t  wear masks ? Are they covidiot scum as some would paint? Even when masks are no longer mandated, thought you would be the first to jump in when people are judged and labelled by people who know nothing about them ?‍♂️, all good bants but I did expect you to not stand for that kind of stuff

Edited by Archied

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What about the minority of people who, for whatever their reasons, do not wish to be vaccinated?

Will you be defending their rights to have an education and go about living their lives the way you have been able to live yours?

I will - but I would suggest that they wear masks at all times when in close contact with others indoors.

45 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I will - but I would suggest that they wear masks at all times when in close contact with others indoors.

Along with the vaccinated who can also catch and spread it?

Edited by Archied

53 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And if they choose not to and instead suggest that if you are so worried then stay more than 2 metres away from them?

Or does the mask develop into the badge of choosing not to have the vaccine ??‍♂️