The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ive never accused of doing so and don't think that you would. I was asking the question on whether ypu defend their right to live a normal life, the same sort of life that you have lived before Covid, if they do not get vaccinated?

If they are unable to take the vaccination for medical reason, then clearly they should be able to continue to live a normal life.

Fortunately, the actions of the many who have taken the vaccine end up protecting the few who didn't want to take it.

Hopefully, with the mass vaccinations reducing cases and hospitalisations to very low levels, there should be no need to set rules between vaccinationated and non-vaccinated people.

Will be interesting to see if non-vaxxed people have a change of heart if they are unable to travel abroad due to new restrictions.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

If they are unable to take the vaccination for medical reason, then clearly they should be able to continue to live a normal life.

Fortunately, the actions of the many who have taken the vaccine end up protecting the few who didn't want to take it.

Hopefully, with the mass vaccinations reducing cases and hospitalisations to very low levels, there should be no need to set rules between vaccinationated and non-vaccinated people.

Will be interesting to see if non-vaxxed people have a change of heart if they are unable to travel abroad due to new restrictions.

Remembering of course the rules of at least 2 countries will need to be adhered to

29 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

There are people on here that don't agree with this and genuinely think that lockdowns do not help to bring down cases. 

If everyone is locked in their house and nobody allowed out then, yes, clearly it will lead to a reduction. 

If some people are still having to go out but then potentially taking the virus home, as the professor says, that is an environment where the disease is more likely to spread? Or do you disagree with that?

23 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

It's great news cases haven't continued to rise, hopefully we are approaching herd immunity now.

We are still at 20k cases a day though, so still a bit of time to go yet until we get back to the small number of cases we had before Johnson tried to impress Modi.

We are not near herd immumity @GboroRam said.

12 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

What about the people who weigh up the risks and decide that, even if just for now, they don't believe having the vaccine is in their best interests, do you support their right to lead a normal life? From what I can see, you are trying to avoid the question?

Regarding the emboldened line how have you concluded this?

Does the vaccine stop the spread? If so, then no need for masks is there? If not, how can vaccinated people have protected unvaccinated people?

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If everyone is locked in their house and nobody allowed out then, yes, clearly it will lead to a reduction. 

If some people are still having to go out but then potentially taking the virus home, as the professor says, that is an environment where the disease is more likely to spread? Or do you disagree with that?

We are not near herd immumity @GboroRam said.

What about the people who weigh up the risks and decide that, even if just for now, they don't believe having the vaccine is in their best interests, do you support their right to lead a normal life? From what I can see, you are trying to avoid the question?

Does the vaccine stop the spread? If so, then no need for masks is there? If not, how can vaccinated people have protected unvaccinated people?

I don’t believe scientists are aware of the virus’ capabilities to mutate and whether it is potentially far more dangerous in the future.  I agree with a cautious approach adopted currently because I realise I don’t have all the answers to make a better decision.

32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Although you can clearly see this, others don't seem to agree.

I don't really see why you are making a big deal of this 2nd point. Obviously, when someone develops syptomns, their household remaining lockdowned will help prevent spreading Covid beyond the household. Are you suggesting that people would be better off carrying on as normal if someone in their household has Covid, because it's safer to be out and about and mixing with other people rather than stuck at home with Covid?

Whilst the chances of catching it within the household would reduce slightly, it clearly massively increases the risk of Covid transmitting across multiple people.

39 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not trying to avoid the question, I'm saying restrictions need to depend on the situation.

Covid transmission in the UK is going to massively drop thanks to so many people taking the vaccination. The people who won't take one aren't really going to cause much extra danger, so restrictions against them aren't going to help much in terms of extra protection for the population. So in this situation, there seems little need for any restrictions.

In a country when a majority of people believe there is no need for them to take the vaccine, then there are going to knock on impacts to all people, including an increased chance of infection due to all the unvaccinated people carrying Covid. In this situation, restrictions would make more sense.

When I've had jabs in the past to enter certain countries, I've never been offended or upset by this condition. It both protects me and others.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Although you can clearly see this, others don't seem to agree.

I don't really see why you are making a big deal of this 2nd point. Obviously, when someone develops syptomns, their household remaining lockdowned will help prevent spreading Covid beyond the household. Are you suggesting that people would be better off carrying on as normal if someone in their household has Covid, because it's safer to be out and about and mixing with other people rather than stuck at home with Covid?

Whilst the chances of catching it within the household would reduce slightly, it clearly massively increases the risk of Covid transmitting across multiple people.

I'm not trying to avoid the question, I'm saying restrictions need to depend on the situation.

Covid transmission in the UK is going to massively drop thanks to so many people taking the vaccination. The people who won't take one aren't really going to cause much extra danger, so restrictions against them aren't going to help much in terms of extra protection for the population. So in this situation, there seems little need for any restrictions.

In a country when a majority of people believe there is no need for them to take the vaccine, then there are going to knock on impacts to all people, including an increased chance of infection due to all the unvaccinated people carrying Covid. In this situation, restrictions would make more sense.

When I've had jabs in the past to enter certain countries, I've never been offended or upset by this condition. It both protects me and others.

I'm not saying I can clearly see anything, I am asking the question as what the professor was saying seems to suggest that the sort of lockdowns we has may have caused the disease to spread.

When you hear that 1 in 4 people in hospital with Covid actually caught it in hospital, you have to wonder how much the actions we have been taking have actually contributed to the situation as well. 

Regarding the vaccinations to go abroad, I am sure the ones that you have taken have been administered for years and have full data on any long term side effects known, unlike the Covid vaccines.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not saying I can clearly see anything, I am asking the question as what the professor was saying seems to suggest that the sort of lockdowns we has may have caused the disease to spread.

When you hear that 1 in 4 people in hospital with Covid actually caught it in hospital, you have to wonder how much the actions we have been taking have actually contributed to the situation as well. 

Regarding the vaccinations to go abroad, I am sure the ones that you have taken have been administered for years and have full data on any long term side effects known, unlike the Covid vaccines.

The clearly part was to you saying of course lockdown decrease transmission. Others on here don't even accept that.

I'm sure the hospital situation could be better. That doesn't mean that the non-isolation of positive households would have decreased overall transmission.

Seems like most of the vaccine cautious people on here have nevertheless taken it.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

The clearly part was to you saying of course lockdown decrease transmission. Others on here don't even accept that.

I'm sure the hospital situation could be better. That doesn't mean that the non-isolation of positive households would have decreased overall transmission.

Seems like most of the vaccine cautious people on here have nevertheless taken it.

Complete lockdowns yes, but part lockdowns surely you can see that the data is very conflicting. The thing is that there are that many variables that I think it is impossible to say that x or y has alone caused z.

I only know 2 people that have outright refused to have the vaccine.

I know a few more that had the first but not the second. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Maybe they have and maybe they haven't. I agree that they most likely have but have you ever asked?. Has anyone?. I know I haven't.

I do wonder if the people using it as an argument now have ever looked into how new and untested their yellow fever (or whatever) vaccine was that they needed to go on their jollies.

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

Well, that's already happening, because a (thankfully very small) minority of people are obnoxious, boorish, thick scum with no respect for others.

It's not about being 'worried'. You and @Archied are perpetually implying that I am cowering in my cellar with my hypocritically-purchased Belgian beer. I'm not. I'm going about my life, being respectful of others, and would appreciate it very much if others do the same. Most of the time that is the case, some of the time it isn't, unfortunately. It's not a lot to ask for really, is it?

Given your description  of people in the post above , yes , yes it is a lot to ask for , why would anyone give a jot for anyone with the kind of attitude you are extremely happy to exude ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

I don’t think you are cowering in your cellar, you’ve made it clear your very much out and about ,on holiday , in pubs and such like ( you drink through your mask ) ,the problem is you consider it fine to call people scum for not wearing a mask and social distancing even though it not required anymore ??‍♂️, it’s clear they make you feel unsafe 

5 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

You mean if they are denied the right to a normal life ????, of course lots will ,doesn’t make it right it makes it coercion ,

are you saying people who can’t take the vaccine for medical reasons should be allowed to travel and those who for whatever reason ( fear anxiety included ) should not ? Do they pose any more threat to spread the virus ?

Edited by Archied

6 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

There are people on here that don't agree with this and genuinely think that lockdowns do not help to bring down cases. 

Do you mean there are people on here who genuinely think what passes for lockdowns over the last 18 months do not help to bring cases down ? Bear in mind those that have the luxury of working from home and getting paid have a very different experience of how these lockdowns have played out ,out in the real world??‍♂️

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Maybe they have and maybe they haven't. I agree that they most likely have but have you ever asked?. Has anyone?. I know I haven't.

I do wonder if the people using it as an argument now have ever looked into how new and untested their yellow fever (or whatever) vaccine was that they needed to go on their jollies.

Me personally, no, I've never asked, but there again I put that much poo inside my body that I'm not too worried about having a vaccine.

In years to come Australia (and NZ) will be outed as the countries with the worst strategy ever if the remit is to get back to life as normal. I appreciate if the remit is to save life’s, then fine but Australia’s average deaths are a lot higher this year due to other causes so before you shoot me down, take that into consideration.

Literally though, huge vaccine hesitancy, no herd immunity, delta variant to now attack a population with no resistance and a population of people extremely angry. They’re screwed until they just let the virus go and stop trying to protect yourself from something invisible.

45 minutes ago, rammieib said:

In years to come Australia (and NZ) will be outed as the countries with the worst strategy ever if the remit is to get back to life as normal. I appreciate if the remit is to save life’s, then fine but Australia’s average deaths are a lot higher this year due to other causes so before you shoot me down, take that into consideration.

Literally though, huge vaccine hesitancy, no herd immunity, delta variant to now attack a population with no resistance and a population of people extremely angry. They’re screwed until they just let the virus go and stop trying to protect yourself from something invisible.

As mentioned last time mate, I believe the strategy is fine it’s just the federal government seriously ducked up the supply of vaccinations. It is not so much vaccine hesitancy but we still haven’t got enough vaccines till next month. We are still in stage A- suppression stage with all going well we will hit stage D  which is treating COVID as a illness the same as the flu. Getting life back to normal?, we have had minimal restrictions here since COVID started the worst being we had to extend our holiday by a week in March. As a side note Qld population 5.2 million we have had 7 covid related deaths total so I will agree we would have more deaths from other causes, we most likely had more from animal attacks! Also up till now we’ve had  12 days total lockdowns so I believe our state has handled things pretty good. Everyone knows things will not be back to the old “normal”, it’s just trying to get to stage D which will be the “new normal”.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sure I read on here that life was carrying on as normal in Australia...

Take Murdoch press with a huge grain of salt mate, they make it sound like troops are running around with machine guns. We’ve been using the forces as a supplement with the coppers since COVID started.

Here’s a couple of headlines in Murdoch owned papers from Friday. One state had 6 cases and started a 6 day lockdown (Vic with a Labor gov) while the other state has hundreds of cases (NSW with liberal gov). You’d think by the headlines it was the opposite way around!

4AEA7378-6E12-4B56-ACF5-83EBE97AD220.thumb.jpeg.dca89970784bd864bcec159a92ec0ea7.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

Take Murdoch press with a huge grain of salt mate, they make it sound like troops are running around with machine guns. We’ve been using the forces as a supplement with the coppers since COVID started.

Here’s a couple of headlines in Murdoch owned papers from Friday. One state had 6 cases and started a 6 day lockdown (Vic with a Labor gov) while the other state has hundreds of cases (NSW with liberal gov). You’d think by the headlines it was the opposite way around!

4AEA7378-6E12-4B56-ACF5-83EBE97AD220.thumb.jpeg.dca89970784bd864bcec159a92ec0ea7.jpeg

Yeah I'm fully aware that the media sensationalise everything but if there are lockdowns and troops on the streets then that is not living life as normal