Rooney appointed Derby County Manager

oomarkwright

Wayne Rooney, Derby County Manager  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

define success:

OED: "The accomplishment of an aim or purpose." Don't think promotion had been set as an 'aim' for him in his first season.

His personal "aim" was achieved 100%...get a bigger job, get his fat face on TV as much as possible, think about himself, and leave.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not happy about this appointment. It strikes me as another vanity project by the club. But we have to accept it and back him now.

It’s in no-one’s interests for Rooney to fail. So even though every fibre in my body is telling me this will be a disaster, I really hope it works out and as alluded to in my previous post, Rooney grows with the club like Lampard should have aimed to do.

What will help is for the key people at the club and the fans to set realistic expectations for Rooney and for the club not to over extend itself like it clearly did with Lampard and previous managers.

Let’s preserve our Championship status and slowly build from there. The last thing we need is to go into the summer ramping up expectations.

The club is at least 2-3 years from seriously competing for promotion.

Football management is a cruel game, even someone with the reputation of Wayne Rooney would struggle to get a good job if his time at Derby ends badly...

Hopefully that means he's been astute enough to ensure that he has the time, funds and support to succeed ?

I'm hopeful we'll pick up enough points to finish comfortably above relegation this season and start challenging again next season.  But then again I'm always hopeful when we appoint a new manager!

I’m at the stage where I am happy, having been in the “wanting someone experienced “ camp prior. 

Rooney has had a bit of bounce and deserves a chance to recruit a few players and ultimately make the team his own. 

I have an underlying feeling that had we not appointed him, we’d have totally released him and another club would take the gamble and appoint him, he’d be successful and we’d be sickened. 

we just need to give him the time now, unless he starts a rapid decline a la Cocu, leave him be. Good luck to him. 

Rooney appears to have attributes that i have been longing for in a Derby County manager, determined, driven, ruthless, focused.  Congratulations to him on the appointment, an emphatic yes from me, even as i admit that i had doubts about his ability at first, which i apologize now for.

I'm on the fence. Not convinced that performances are improved as much as some would have you believe. As of yet to see him alter the flow of the game (more to do with the lack of opportunity, only had a couple of games to do that so far). We are still struggling to score goals. However the results have improved, we do look more solid and don't give away as many chances.

Hopefully he does well, and we move up the table, and gets the backing from everyone at the club, from the board (whoever that may be) to the players to the fans, we need the club to pull together to push on. 

Just now, rynny said:

I'm on the fence. Not convinced that performances are improved as much as some would have you believe. As of yet to see him alter the flow of the game (more to do with the lack of opportunity, only had a couple of games to do that so far). We are still struggling to score goals. However the results have improved, we do look more solid and don't give away as many chances.

Hopefully he does well, and we move up the table, and gets the backing from everyone at the club, from the board (whoever that may be) to the players to the fans, we need the club to pull together to push on. 

I think the performances have been about as good as one could expect from a team devoid of a natural goalscorer. 

9 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I’ve selected yes, as he probably deserves a go. But it’s all really one big MEH about DCFC and football at the moment.. To be honest, I don’t really care much anymore..

Good luck with your new job Wayne,hope you have got the Magic Wand with you.

Im happy with the appointment. He has impressed since being interim. 

There is a side of me thats sad though that a world class player in his day has now retired from playing and has sort of limped out and not got the send off he deserves 

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

I am not happy about this appointment. It strikes me as another vanity project by the club. But we have to accept it and back him now.

It’s in no-one’s interests for Rooney to fail. So even though every fibre in my body is telling me this will be a disaster, I really hope it works out and as alluded to in my previous post, Rooney grows with the club like Lampard should have aimed to do.

What will help is for the key people at the club and the fans to set realistic expectations for Rooney and for the club not to over extend itself like it clearly did with Lampard and previous managers.

Let’s preserve our Championship status and slowly build from there. The last thing we need is to go into the summer ramping up expectations.

The club is at least 2-3 years from seriously competing for promotion.

Out of interest who would you appoint?

Archived