Rooney appointed Derby County Manager

oomarkwright

Wayne Rooney, Derby County Manager  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good luck to Rooney. Let’s hope it works out.

Championship safety this year, mid-table in 21-22, play offs in 22-23 would be a good trajectory to follow.

The club needs time to dust itself down and get its affairs in order.

Maybe Rooney and the club could grow together.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Love that first quote on the Derby telegraph, as below;

“To be given the opportunity to follow the likes of Brian Clough, Jim Smith, Frank Lampard and Phillip Cocu is such an honour and I can promise everyone in involved in the club and all our fans, my staff and I will leave no stone unturned in achieving the potential I have witnessed over the last 12 months of this historic football club.”

Dont want to get my hopes up but... 

Okay they are up.

Two amazing managers and two failures.... lets hope he falls into the same category as the first two and not the second two.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Two amazing managers and two failures.... lets hope he falls into the same category as the first two and not the second two.

Can't call Lampard a failure here how ever hard you try. ? And obvs mentioning Cocu is excellent football manners.

Rooney as a manager fills me with excitement , this blokes drive , passion and will to win will rub off on this football club , i think we have seen the start of that already , a huge two weeks now for him , hope the potential new owners back him in the transfer market and Wayne and his staff can start rebuilding our great club , congratulations Wayne COYR

1 minute ago, Premier ram said:

Rooney as a manager fills me with excitement , this blokes drive , passion and will to win will rub off on this football club , i think we have seen the start of that already , a huge two weeks now for him , hope the potential new owners back him in the transfer market and Wayne and his staff can start rebuilding our great club , congratulations Wayne COYR

Well said. 

Let's get some positivity back! 

1 hour ago, roboto said:

There wasn't an official announcement about not paying the playing staff, so I doubt there will be an official announcement about us eventually paying them. I hope we have though and this saga is coming to an end.

Totally agree, and not expecting one, hence my hint that there "probably won't be one", when they do get paid.  I do however, expect some form of "leak" to the usual twitterazzi bods.  ??   

30 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

2 great managers and the last 2. History and recent history. Someone he has played with and the manager who signed him.

Think it’s the right decision and he deserves his chance I’ve seen enough of a change since his interim appointment to think he can turn it round we just need the takeover to be finalised now 

Just now, Ramley Apple said:

The only reservation I have is that if he is successful here then he'll be off to a Premier League team soon as and we'll be back to having to find a replacement

If any club gets a successful manager then 'higher up' clubs will always be linked with them, whoever they are. Whatcha gonna do.

This seems to of taken the the notice away from the takeover they’ve done a good job in doing that ?

I really wasn’t sure on Rooney at first I thought we needed experience in the position we are in but he’s changed it a lot, unlucky to lose late on to Preston and obviously should of been 2/3 up at Wednesday so hopefully if he gets the chance to build a side still unsure he will but hopefully if he does it’ll work out for us and him and hopefully if it does united don’t make the call so early like Chelsea did

I was very excited when the news broke that Rooney was joining the club as a player, and his immediate influence upon properly joining in January 2020 was massive. My opinion of him at our club then swung when he seemed to thwart our side. The unsubstantiated claims started flying around that we contractually couldn't drop him, and I felt like his reputation was strangling us and holding us back.

However... since he's stepped back from playing and focused on management, he's been fantastic. He's taken a side with poor confidence, poor performances, and disastrous off-the-pitch events and turned us into a team that are exciting to watch. Confidence has improved and individual players are rapidly improving. It's just nice to finish games debating who deserves to be man of the match, rather than deciding who was the least poo.

He's clearly a very intelligent and passionate football man, even though that might not be so obvious at first glance. I'm also thrilled that we've got some stability finally. To go without a permanent manager for 2 months in the middle of a season is poor. Hopefully his commitment to us means we have stabilised considerably off the pitch too, because if a takeover is announced in the coming days, then the fortunes and prospects of this club will have improved astronomically in the space of a few short days.

Archived