Rooney appointed Derby County Manager

oomarkwright

Wayne Rooney, Derby County Manager  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very pleased with this appointment,  which surprised me, because I originally didn't want Wayne as manager. I think that I was influenced too much by his patchy form at the club and the style of football we were playing at the time. His interviews didn't warm me to him either.

However, since he has been in temporary charge I have completely changed my mind. He oozes knowledge of the game, he seems to like to play his football the right way by utilising the best of what he has available.  His directness suits us and I like his honesty. He seems to handle the media circus around the club really well (He's had plenty of experience of this as a player.)

The players are putting in a real shift for him and I suspect those who aren't might not be with us much longer.

I am happy to be won over and wish him every success.

47 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Out of interest who would you appoint?

I could list you tens of people I’d sooner appoint. But it’s irrelevant at this point. Rooney is the man in charge and we have to hope he does the business.

I have my doubts but I will be glad to see him deliver. A win for Rooney is a win for us now, at the end of the day.

I just hope that if he does perform well in the job, he treats us with more consideration than Lampard did.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

I am very pleased with this appointment,  which surprised me, because I originally didn't want Wayne as manager. I think that I was influenced too much by his patchy form at the club and the style of football we were playing at the time. His interviews didn't warm me to him either.

However, since he has been in temporary charge I have completely changed my mind. He oozes knowledge of the game, he seems to like to play his football the right way by utilising the best of what he has available.  His directness suits us and I like his honesty. He seems to handle the media circus around the club really well (He's had plenty of experience of this as a player.)

The players are putting in a real shift for him and I suspect those who aren't might not be with us much longer.

I am happy to be won over and wish him every success.

I am warming to him. He isn’t as articulate as some but he talks a lot of sense. I like what I have seen of his style of play too..

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am warming to him. He isn’t as articulate as some but he talks a lot of sense. I like what I have seen of his style of play too..

He's (understandably) very cautious with what he says to the media - you can almost see the cogs turn when he's asked particularly tricky questions. But there is no doubt about his footballing intelligence. #COYR

17 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I could list you tens of people I’d sooner appoint. But it’s irrelevant at this point. Rooney is the man in charge and we have to hope he does the business.

I have my doubts but I will be glad to see him deliver. A win for Rooney is a win for us now, at the end of the day.

I just hope that if he does perform well in the job, he treats us with more consideration than Lampard did.

It’s early days but I think he’s done a very good job so far and if he does a Lampard and leaves us for another club then hopefully he has taken us to the Premier league by then. 

Looks like I’m going to change my avatar finally.

This was always going to be the case unless things took a disastrous turn.

He’s had a fairly good start and made some improvements whilst not having much to work with. Definitely more solid at the back, better balance in midfield (having Beilik back helped here) and a bit more threat up top, although still lacking.

Main thing this gives us is some stability which is a big thing when their seems to be so many unknowns around the club.

Good luck to him and any success he has will be good for us!

This does point towards the takeover being pretty much done given the mention of the Sheikh in press release.

I take it 32 Red aren’t involved in the new contract!

3 hours ago, Patrick Rams said:

My only gripe is the length of the contract... if we'd appointed Rooney until the end of the season and see where we are then I'd have been more accepting.Way too long for a rookie.. Obviously some will disagree.

Yeah I can understand that. I guess he wanted some kind of assurance.  As with all things time will tell.  He could turn out to be exactly what we've been after for years......or not.  For now though, I'm a thumbs up. 

Our defense under Rooney has been the best in the league. If he can get us firing more up top, hopefully we can challenge for top half by the end of the season. Happy with this appointment, Rooney has more than earned his shot and has more than proven my initial doubts about him wrong. 

Archived