Rooney appointed Derby County Manager

oomarkwright

Wayne Rooney, Derby County Manager  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just imagine that a bloke who doesn’t own Derby County and hasn’t a pound into the club authorising this. No I’m not being facetious this is exactly what I think has happened!

Anyway, I’m happy with it and hope somehow somewhere his hands are untied.

14 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

In the immortal words of Lord Flashheart, let's dooooooooooooooo it.

Or.... Rooney what a guy.

This IS the statement from the Club. No way would Wayne sign if we were going into administration any time soon.

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Announced on the 15th too... Pay Day, by all accounts!

Might not be an official announcement as such, but I strongly suspect everyone is now up to date with their wages too, and the local press will be tweeting such "rumours" before nightfall?

There wasn't an official announcement about not paying the playing staff, so I doubt there will be an official announcement about us eventually paying them. I hope we have though and this saga is coming to an end.

Can't believe I'm saying it...but I think this is very good news. 

Shows he believes there is a future where all the best players don't get sold and there is money to bolster the squad. If he was unsure, Wayne Rooney could just say 'I will wait and see thanks' before making anything permanent ....he knows a relegation on his CV would strangle his managerial career at birth.

Second...I have to admit he has done much better so far than I expected, he deserves a chance now. 

I'm letting go of my preconceptions and am going full 'Rooney fan boy'...no choice but to enjoy the coverage he brings. 'Gordon / Knight is best youngster/prospect ever' is not a story, unless its Wayne Rooney saying it. 

14 minutes ago, Ibby said:

Risky appointment.

No more so than any other appointment. 
We have just sacked a footballing legend who won multiple titles. Few people would have assumed that was risky, but look what happened. It’s a complete lottery, but what he has done so far has been positive, so let’s give him a chance for now and see this as good news. There will be plenty of time for negativity and told you so’s in the future.

29 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Time for a poll?

So that we can refer to its results at the end of this season and next.

I give him 13 months.

Just over a year from now, our annual February slump has seen us drop from upper mid table to not far above the bottom three, everyone's miserable and the new ownership group of Peter gadsby, fawaz and John sleighthome decide action must be taken.

Archived