Rooney appointed Derby County Manager

oomarkwright

Wayne Rooney, Derby County Manager  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rosenior takes up the role of assistant manager, while Given will move to the position of first-team coach. Walker will remain as first-team development coach, while Academy goalkeeping coach Jason Pearcey has been appointed as the club’s first-team goalkeeping coach.

Rooney said: “When I first arrived back in the United Kingdom I was completely blown away by the potential of Derby County Football Club. The Stadium, Training Ground, the quality of the playing staff and the young players coming through and of course the fan base that has remained loyal and supportive.

“Despite other offers I knew instinctively Derby County was the place for me.

Well deserved, despite what’s happening off the pitch right now, Rooney has definitely got a firm grip on what’s happening on the pitch.

We’re solid defensively but are still positive going forward, this team is working really hard for him and I feel confident he’s going to keep us up. He’s earned this appointment now, he didn’t get it purely for his name and reputation.

Good news at last.

Something must have moved for this to have been announced today. If we were as skint & doomed as some of the media clowns believe, there's a) no way we'd have offered a multi year contract deal for a new manager & b) no way Rooney would have accepted if he thought the recent upheaval was going to be a recurring theme.

I'm still far from convinced of the merits of Rooney as a permanent manager nor do I think I'll be warming to him as a bloke anytime soon but would still wish him the very best & hope its the first highly successful step of his managerial career. Assuming McClaren sticks around also & with the continued presence of Rosenior, Given & Walker, he's got more chance than most rookie managers of making this a success.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Surely this has only been announced as a result of the takeover completion.

Hopefully an announcement on that shortly too then.

Either that or he's got fed up of waiting for his future to be clarified, demanded security and threatened to make an official complaint over unpaid wages so we've panicked into giving him the role full time.

Archived