Realistically ,New transfers in January????

ram1964

31 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

An embargo typically means something like we can't pay a transfer fee (or agents fee) and wages must be £12k or less. Or... 1 player out, 1 in, with wages 75% of the player leaving. Needs prior approval from the EFL too.

Thanks. Guess your last sentence is the key one!!

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

An embargo typically means something like we can't pay a transfer fee (or agents fee) and wages must be £12k or less. Or... 1 player out, 1 in, with wages 75% of the player leaving. Needs prior approval from the EFL too.

So maybe we're waiting for Dutch Mike to sign for Gronigen (sp), or Holmes to sod off?

On 17/01/2021 at 07:36, RamNut said:

I think Sibley is the most likely to go, 

that would explain why he was used very sparingly v rotherham. 

The media seem desperate for him  to go to Leeds- even bothering Kevin Philips for an opinion. His opinion is he's spending time on the bench here so his reps need to be careful with such a move as it's a big jump to the next league.

Meanwhile in the scottish papers Kris Boyd bigging up Rangers to sign Shinnie.  

5 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Not sure if it's been said already but Keinan Davis from Aston Villa has been made available for loan. We wanted to sign him last transfer window but couldn't as Villa had other players out injured. Would give some good competition to Kazim-Richards and has a bit more pace. 

Thoughts?

Possibly one of the worst goal scoring records for a forward I've ever seen, I know his hold up play is good linking others in but our wingers don't score enough when given the chance anyway , so personally I feel like we need a proper goalscorer instead of a hold up player that might grab 2 goals in 30 games , we need results and goals bring results, trouble is who is even out there that fits the mould 

7 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Not sure if it's been said already but Keinan Davis from Aston Villa has been made available for loan. We wanted to sign him last transfer window but couldn't as Villa had other players out injured. Would give some good competition to Kazim-Richards and has a bit more pace. 

Thoughts?

We are not far off anyone will do are we - can’t make us worse 

We will sign no one because we will still be lumbered with Morris as the owner of the football club we all love. If Rooney sells the likes of Knight and Sibley might get a little bit of money to spend on loans. To me it's looking very desperate. And my working colleagues in Nottingham are loving it. 

Edited by ziggyram59

5 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Possibly one of the worst goal scoring records for a forward I've ever seen, I know his hold up play is good linking others in but our wingers don't score enough when given the chance anyway , so personally I feel like we need a proper goalscorer instead of a hold up player that might grab 2 goals in 30 games , we need results and goals bring results, trouble is who is even out there that fits the mould 

His record obviously doesn't look good, like you say 2 goals in 30 games. However, nearly all of those appearances are as a sub for roughly 10 mins so at that rate the appearances soon rack up without much 'actual' game time. 

I don't think he's the answer long term, but we just need to fight for every point and avoid relegation this season and he certainly fits that mould. Would also allow us to give 34 year old Kazim a rest every once in a while as he is playing every game for us at the moment.

He is actually available for loan as well, and with our current league position and financial situation, I'm not sure there is anyone better we could actually get right now. 

5 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Some bloke at Sheff Wednesday had some injury problems over the last year but scored a load at League one level and 3 in 2 games in the championship playoffs, and scored a few against top half premier league sides as well. Has a good scoring record finding space in the six yard box so could link well with a target man.  No transfer fee or additional wages. Got to be worth a punt for a side that's scored 6 in open play this season.