Realistically ,New transfers in January????

ram1964

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Theoretically we should still have money left over from the sheff united double deal. 8 million was reported. With around 5 upfront I think it was. We spent about 3 million on KJ7 but about 1.5 upfront I recall. Then low fees for bryne and Clarke. We really should have about 2-3 million to spend. Unless Mel has pocketed that money... 

....or it's been spent on running expenses....to keep the club in existence.

Newcastle Fan  61

Posted October 31, 2020

Hi all.  You’ll be able to tell from my username where I’m coming from.  I saw the ‘takeover’ talk of Derby via an NUFC link - just thought you might like a perspective from a club who the Bin Zayed Group ‘tried’ to buy previously.  Hopefully you will all take this in the spirit in which it is meant - it’s a shame to see these chancers being linked to a ‘proper’ club like DCFC.  If the East Midlands press is as poo as the North East, chances are they’ll not report this.

I’ll get this out of the way straight away; you won’t be taken over by this lot.  They’re potless.  They’re after the publicity.  

6 hours ago, ram1964 said:

With the club in the midst of being taken over??? Wages being paid late, no one on the outside knowing who presently owns club? Is it Mel ? Is it new owners? Has deal collapsed  ?

How can we realistically attract any players to the club. Certainly anyone of significance? Unless we sell some one for a good few ,just don't see us doing anything,and even then would suspect any money received would be banked by the club rather than reinvested in players.

Mel certainly not wishing too spend, if we have / get new owners leaving it late in the day. If indeed they have any money.

Just don't see us doing much in January.

To paraphrase Clint Eastwood

The whole situation is a clusterf uck

Edited by oldtimeram

25 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Newcastle Fan  61

Posted October 31, 2020

Hi all.  You’ll be able to tell from my username where I’m coming from.  I saw the ‘takeover’ talk of Derby via an NUFC link - just thought you might like a perspective from a club who the Bin Zayed Group ‘tried’ to buy previously.  Hopefully you will all take this in the spirit in which it is meant - it’s a shame to see these chancers being linked to a ‘proper’ club like DCFC.  If the East Midlands press is as poo as the North East, chances are they’ll not report this.

I’ll get this out of the way straight away; you won’t be taken over by this lot.  They’re potless.  They’re after the publicity.  

Its almost like he knew what he was talking about.

38 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Newcastle Fan  61

Posted October 31, 2020

I know it’s said the only bad publicity is no publicity but between DCFC, Liverpool and Newcastle, to me, this alleged consortium only appear to confirm they are time wasters and BSers. What is their end game ? Who would want to do business with them ? Indeed why does a company that actually does duck all need to be publicised ? ? 

10 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I know it’s said the only bad publicity is no publicity but between DCFC, Liverpool and Newcastle, to me, this alleged consortium only appear to confirm they are time wasters and BSers. What is their end game ? Who would want to do business with them ? Indeed why does a company that actually does duck all need to be publicised ? ? 

I just can’t see any benefit to them in messing 3 clubs around like this. If the t/o does not happen, they seal a reputation that damages them in this and other sectors. 

4 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Theoretically we should still have money left over from the sheff united double deal. 8 million was reported. With around 5 upfront I think it was. We spent about 3 million on KJ7 but about 1.5 upfront I recall. Then low fees for bryne and Clarke. We really should have about 2-3 million to spend. Unless Mel has pocketed that money... 

We also bid for jozwiak before we got the sheff utd money

4 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I’d like to think that was the case but as a company losing money (albeit largely debt free) To buy anyone would involve borrowing money. Do banks advance money without security to a loss playing entity ? The stadium is sold so there are no tangible assets except the clubs name and value on the open market. New owners who might sign personal bank guarantees are not in place yet .. so fundamentally I think we might be struggling until new owners are on board or Mel decides to start all over again and pump money in in terms of cash or personal promises to bankers

5 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I read stories on here about suppliers to the club not being paid for months so I think any surplus transfers funds have long gone. 

We won't be paying money for anyone unless we lever significant funds from selling one of our homegrown players again.

5 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Don’t think Jones is fit. Not played since Feb I’m sure I’ve read. Could be wrong 

He’d fit right into our transfer strategy then 

Can’t see any incoming transfers in January sadly. The takeover will undoubtedly fall through, which will leave us back at square one. Mel will still be the owner of the club, but appears unwilling to fund it anymore. That will mean we will have to take out further loans to see us through until someone genuine investors turn up, rather than the last couple of time wasters. Clearly all that money will have to go toward the day to day running costs of the club, including player wages, which will leave nothing left to spend in the transfer market. Can see us having to sell most of our talented youngsters as well, like Sibley, Bird and Knight, in order to supplement the loans so we don’t end up too much in debt.

It’s a sorry state we find ourselves in. We’re not the first though, and we certainly won’t be the last. Especially not with the situation at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Here's a thought. It's common knowledge that the clubs accounts are well overdue.As a consequence are we in another embargo ??

Are they overdue though? Maybe we have issued them to the EFL based on our current amortisation policy but have to wait for the EFL appeal outcome before we can publish them in case they need to be changed?