Realistically ,New transfers in January????

ram1964

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Is the owner not limited to how much he/she can put into the football clubs in terms of cash? 

Good question. Not sure of current ffp rules. Think they may have brought in aggregate salary cap but not sure if that replaces or supplements the annual loss allowed on a 3 year rolling basis, £13m pa from memory. It's getting a bit complicated.

Edited by derby8

26 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

We’re a business though, so I’d expect with the normal monthly cycle the business of DCFC would have enough money in the coffers to pay its staff regardless of ownership.

I do hope we sign someone, a Forward or two and a Centre half would be nice, all I am saying is with the current financial state it just doesn’t make sense that we can. 

I agree, this board is bipolar, insulting MM for buying players and running up debts then insulting him for not buying players when we have no money. I say no spend, tighten our belts and sweat the assets we have.

Edited by angieram
Removed the party politics

17 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

I agree, this board is bipolar, insulting MM for buying players and running up debts then insulting him for not buying players when we have no money. I say no spend, tighten our belts and sweat the assets we have.

Only problem with that is that injuries to a couple of key players plus suspensions could leave us a bit short. We definitely need another striker...

22 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Good question. Not sure of current ffp rules. Think they may have brought in aggregate salary cap but not sure if that replaces or supplements the annual loss allowed on a 3 year rolling basis, £13m pa from memory. It's getting a bit complicated.

There are further temporary changes due to covid. Need to dig out the rule book ?

9 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

That’s the thing about being a defender, and a goal keeper in particular. Any sort of mistake grabs a lot of attention. As you say, you remember one mistake by Wisdom against Coventry but, does the mistake by our hero (mine too by the way) Colin, against QPR (when, if he’d used his left foot instead of his right he would very likely have scored earlier) go a little more under the radar? 

Missing golden opportunities to score can be just as costly as making an error at the back.

Right instead of left.

9 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I suspect the two outgoings so far is the end of our transfer business this window. Unless a late offer comes in for somebody.

That would be disappointing, considering Rooney has stated he’s been told to line players up and we were already short of options before the 2 left. I reckon we will see at least 1 in, either a loan or free, ideally 2 or 3.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m sure it was left instead of right.

Yes, if he'd let it past him he could have side footed it with his left. In fact, he could just have let it hit his shins and it would have gone in. 

Instead he tried to hook his right leg round it and nearly fell over. 

He's a battering ram not a finisher. 

22 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I expect a double figure bid for either sibley or knight before window closes just a hunch. I could see sublet going if a offer of about 8 million came in knowing how we do business in the past and even more so now we struggle to pay players 

Sublet he another rising star in the academy..? ? 

29 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I expect a double figure bid for either sibley or knight before window closes just a hunch. I could see sublet going if a offer of about 8 million came in knowing how we do business in the past and even more so now we struggle to pay players 

I think MM would accept a bid of 5m for sublet with some add ons with him being sub-letted back to us for the rest of the season....