Realistically ,New transfers in January????

ram1964

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Yeah the same manager that has managed us against the worst 4 teams in the division and lost 2 of them and drawn the other 2 and scored 2 goals in all 4 games 

So? He's not the only one don't rate him. Surprised that no buyers have rushed in, he could be had cheaply!!!

6 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Possibly one of the worst goal scoring records for a forward I've ever seen,

Have you seen Kazims goalscoring record? Beggars can't be choosers.

6 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Player id love - 

Luke jephcott 

20 year old striker at Plymouth in league , 13 goals in 18 games currently,  and last year scored 7 in 14 as a 19 year old , thats some record 

Plymouth were in League 2 last year and League 1 this year. I know we're probably going to be in League one next year, but we've tried players before that had good records in League one or below and then done nothing in the Championship. 

If we're going to use someone so young we may as well use one of our own youth players

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Even if they're not as good or had the same level of experience of league football?

Our youth players knock goals in for fun at youth level and have exactly the same experience of Championship football as this guy - some have far more. 

Signing somebody who has never played in the Championship and played half his games in League 2 is just as much of a risk as using one of the youth players.

In either case the argument is academic though - we don't have the money that will be necessary to sign him. He will likely end up going to Forest.

6 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Not sure if it's been said already but Keinan Davis from Aston Villa has been made available for loan. We wanted to sign him last transfer window but couldn't as Villa had other players out injured. Would give some good competition to Kazim-Richards and has a bit more pace. 

Thoughts?

Think we need someone who's proven and reliable in the situation we're in. Also think we need a striker with more pace as another option to CKR. I don't think Davis has pace and doesn't look like he can do anything CKR can't.

12 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Think we need someone who's proven and reliable in the situation we're in. Also think we need a striker with more pace as another option to CKR. I don't think Davis has pace and doesn't look like he can do anything CKR can't.

Maybe not, but we can't rely on 34 year old CKR to do it all the time and play every single game. It would at least provide some competition and maybe enable us to rest CKR a little to keep him fresh. 

16 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I can't think of any names that fit all of those criteria that might be within our (assumed) very small budget, sad to say. 

5 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Maybe not, but we can't rely on 34 year old CKR to do it all the time and play every single game. It would at least provide some competition and maybe enable us to rest CKR a little to keep him fresh. 

He's been what we thought he would be in recent games. That first game he played was a once off it seems.

In order of priority I think these are the transfers we need.

1) Centre Back - If either Clarke or Wisdom get injured we're in trouble, also Wisdom's mistakes have cost us a lot recently.

2) Striker - As much as CKR has exceeded expectations, he does lack movement and seems to fade a lot towards the end of games.

3) CM/CAM - Shinnie and Knight have been good but they're not naturally attacking enough. Quite a few big chances have fallen to Shinnie recently and he hasn't scored. We need someone whose more of a goal threat with the vision to play through-balls and link up play to the forwards.

4) Winger - A lot of our attacking play has been very one sided down which ever side Jozwiak is playing.

Possible loan players who aren't getting games:

Hector - Fulham - CB

Hourihane - Villa - CM

Johansen - Fulham -CM

Gilmour - Chelsea - CM (unlikely but Frank owes us)

Gordon - Everton - CAM/Winger

Vydra

28 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

1) Centre Back - If either Clarke or Wisdom get injured we're in trouble, also Wisdom's mistakes have cost us a lot recently.

2) Striker - As much as CKR has exceeded expectations, he does lack movement and seems to fade a lot towards the end of games.

3) CM/CAM - Shinnie and Knight have been good but they're not naturally attacking enough. Quite a few big chances have fallen to Shinnie recently and he hasn't scored. We need someone whose more of a goal threat with the vision to play through-balls and link up play to the forwards.

4) Winger - A lot of our attacking play has been very one sided down which ever side Jozwiak is playing.

Hector - Fulham - CB

Hourihane - Villa - CM

Johansen - Fulham -CM

Vydra

Really ?

Keinan Davis on loan would be ideal imo. Younger & more mobile version of CKR. A target man to hold the ball up is clearly the plan for Rooney otherwise he would have kept Marriott, and Davis is perfect for this.

What we need is an attacking mid as well to make use of the hold up play as well as getting our wide men firing again.

No doubt Waghorn, Jozwiak, Lawrence & Ibe (if he ever gets fit) are decent attacking options when on their game.

30 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Hector - Fulham - CB      

Hourihane - Villa - CM    

Johansen - Fulham -CM

Vydra

CB - Agree that if Clarke or Wisdom gets injured could be a problem. We do have Evans, Forsyth, Bielik, Te Wierik(although he might be leaving), Soloman, could all cover for a bit. So i don't think this is the no.1 target we should be making. 

Striker - My opinion this is what we need most right now. CKR looks tired and i don't blame him as he's been heavily involved in nearly every game so far. We have no cover for him as Waghorn is realistically a winger and Marriott is always injured. 

CM - Shinnie and Knight have been great but yes maybe they do just lack that killer pass. I guess we only really have Holmes/Bird as cover for them which is a slight worry.

Winger - Honestly don't feel like we need a winger at the moment. Jozwiak looks great and will only get better. Waghorn can do a job too. We also have Lawrence to come back and also Ibe whenever he is deemed fit enough. Sibley has also been playing there lately and he will carry on improving. We still have Whittaker and Holmes if needed too.

Hector - Fairly sure he would only agree to a loan if he knew he was going to be first choice CB. But yeah good championship player.

Hourihane - Can't see it happening. Would be a great signing but why would he want to join a championship relegation battle from Villa?

Johansen - Good player but honestly don't think he's an improvement on Shinnie or Knight. Suppose he would provide cover though.

Gilmour - Yes Frank does absolutely owe us. This won't happen though. Gilmour too good for Championship now and he's not likely to take Bielik's place.

Vydra - Different type of player to CKR so could be an option but every time i see him play now he's always missing chances and his hold up play is very very poor. Not sure I'd want him back.

Gordon - Not sure if he has the physique for Championship football. Ancelotti seems to rate him though so i'd be willing to give it a 6 month loan.