Realistically ,New transfers in January????

ram1964

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

We’ve barley paid the players wages in the last 2 months, which indicates a cash flow problem. We have no new income that we know of (including that we’d normally have from match days etc etc).
So Apart from off loading a couple of players, what makes people think we are going to add to the squad anD increase the wage bill, the one that we can already barley afford. Unless I am missing something there is nothing financially telling me we are going to bring anyone in. 

Two months..come on.. ..hardly makes us cereal offenders. 

(pedants... yes, I know before you tell me) 

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

We’ve barley paid the players wages in the last 2 months, which indicates a cash flow problem. We have no new income that we know of (including that we’d normally have from match days etc etc).
So Apart from off loading a couple of players, what makes people think we are going to add to the squad anD increase the wage bill, the one that we can already barley afford. Unless I am missing something there is nothing financially telling me we are going to bring anyone in. 

Only the fact that Rooney has said that he wants to bring a couple of players in once the embargo is lifted!

23 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Only the fact that Rooney has said that he wants to bring a couple of players in once the embargo is lifted!

I want him too as well, just can’t see where the cash will come from? 

30 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Had a rye smile at this post 

On 18/01/2021 at 21:28, DCFClks said:

In order of priority I think these are the transfers we need.

1) Centre Back - If either Clarke or Wisdom get injured we're in trouble, also Wisdom's mistakes have cost us a lot recently.

2) Striker - As much as CKR has exceeded expectations, he does lack movement and seems to fade a lot towards the end of games.

3) CM/CAM - Shinnie and Knight have been good but they're not naturally attacking enough. Quite a few big chances have fallen to Shinnie recently and he hasn't scored. We need someone whose more of a goal threat with the vision to play through-balls and link up play to the forwards.

4) Winger - A lot of our attacking play has been very one sided down which ever side Jozwiak is playing.

Possible loan players who aren't getting games:

Hector - Fulham - CB

Hourihane - Villa - CM

Johansen - Fulham -CM

Gilmour - Chelsea - CM (unlikely but Frank owes us)

Gordon - Everton - CAM/Winger

Vydra

We have kept 7 clean sheets in the last 10 matches, only scored 16 all season and you think we should be prioritising a centre back?!

What are these Wisdom mistakes that have cost us a lot recently?

24 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

But it means we are struggling for cash. So adding to your cash out when you can’t cover your current commitments and without increasing your cash in = financial suicide  

34 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

We’ve barley paid the players wages in the last 2 months...what makes people think we are going to add to the squad anD increase the wage bill, the one that we can already barley afford. Unless I am missing something there is nothing financially telling me we are going to bring anyone in. 

Wheat you on about?!

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I want him too as well, just can’t see where the cash will come from? 

Nor me but with the things he's said he's obviously been told that incomings can happen. We'll know in a week or so whether he's been sold a dud'un.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wheat you on about?!

15 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Had a rye smile at this post 

32 minutes ago, Gisby said:

I know but am sure we got a frostie reception from some ....... sorry couldn’t help myself ??

41 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

You rotten buggers........anyway other than my slight spelling mishap, I still don’t know how we can afford to add to the wage bill as It appears we don’t have oat. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

We have kept 7 clean sheets in the last 10 matches, only scored 16 all season and you think we should be prioritising a centre back?!

What are these Wisdom mistakes that have cost us a lot recently?

I didn't say the defense was bad. We only have 2 natural CB's and Evans/Bielik as cover. What happens if Clarke or Wisdom get injured?

I was probably harsh on Wisdom with mistakes, I remember one against Coventry. 

17 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

You rotten buggers........anyway other than my slight spelling mishap, I still don’t know how we can afford to add to the wage bill as It appears we don’t have oat. 

Because Mel has paid the wages all the other times he was meant to, it was the new owners who were meant to pay Dec. So why wouldnt he be able to continue to pay?

18 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Because Mel has paid the wages all the other times he was meant to, it was the new owners who were meant to pay Dec. So why wouldnt he be able to continue to pay?

Maybe he can, I hope so anyway. But if he could of why didn’t he pay sooner? Anyway all conjecture, I just don’t see (sadly) how we can afford to add to the squad.

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Maybe he can, I hope so anyway. But if he could of why didn’t he pay sooner? Anyway all conjecture, I just don’t see (sadly) how we can afford to add to the squad.

Because he wasnt expecting to need to so clearly didnt have the money easily accessible, doesnt mean he has no money 

46 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I didn't say the defense was bad. We only have 2 natural CB's and Evans/Bielik as cover. What happens if Clarke or Wisdom get injured?

I was probably harsh on Wisdom with mistakes, I remember one against Coventry. 

That’s the thing about being a defender, and a goal keeper in particular. Any sort of mistake grabs a lot of attention. As you say, you remember one mistake by Wisdom against Coventry but, does the mistake by our hero (mine too by the way) Colin, against QPR (when, if he’d used his left foot instead of his right he would very likely have scored earlier) go a little more under the radar? 

Missing golden opportunities to score can be just as costly as making an error at the back.

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Because he wasnt expecting to need to so clearly didnt have the money easily accessible, doesnt mean he has no money 

We’re a business though, so I’d expect with the normal monthly cycle the business of DCFC would have enough money in the coffers to pay its staff regardless of ownership.

I do hope we sign someone, a Forward or two and a Centre half would be nice, all I am saying is with the current financial state it just doesn’t make sense that we can.