Realistically ,New transfers in January????

ram1964

I’m gonna suggest something, and it disgusts me. I think he has shown himself to be abhorrent in his early days, showing fame and money can reveal ugly characters. But...

Ravel Morrison has just been released from his hundredth (give or take) club. No manager has got through to him for long. But he has respected players he has worked with in his career. A big one being Wayne. If Rooney fancied getting him here for a trial...would you be happy? As much as I think he’s been a ____ up to this point, there has to be space for rehab. Hasn’t worked yet for Ibe, whereas CKR has been a revelation.

19 hours ago, r4derby said:

I’m gonna suggest something, and it disgusts me. I think he has shown himself to be abhorrent in his early days, showing fame and money can reveal ugly characters. But...

Ravel Morrison has just been released from his hundredth (give or take) club. No manager has got through to him for long. But he has respected players he has worked with in his career. A big one being Wayne. If Rooney fancied getting him here for a trial...would you be happy? As much as I think he’s been a ____ up to this point, there has to be space for rehab. Hasn’t worked yet for Ibe, whereas CKR has been a revelation.

Absolutely not. He is proof that you can have all the talent in the world, but if your head isn't in the right place it doesn't matter. 

He has been given chance after chance and it hasn't worked anywhere. We should steer well clear. 

16 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Absolutely not. He is proof that you can have all the talent in the world, but if your head isn't in the right place it doesn't matter. 

He has been given chance after chance and it hasn't worked anywhere. We should steer well clear. 

Fair enough. This is my opinion too. There’s just this idea in my head that he may listen to a former player who understands him (a little bit) but it seems his attitude towards training and application is (and has always been) way off

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

Fair enough. This is my opinion too. There’s just this idea in my head that he may listen to a former player who understands him (a little bit) but it seems his attitude towards training and application is (and has always been) way off

Normally I'd agree, people can be helped and in turn can become a useful asset to whichever club they end up at. I just get the impression that Morrison is too far gone for that to work. I also think that in our current position we need to bringing in the types of characters that are up for a bit of a scrap and ready to contribute straight away. 

On 08/01/2021 at 14:12, Rab a dab doo said:

Realistic transfer at moment- in, none.

Realistic transfer at moment- out, anyone we can sell or off load to reduce the out goings and help pay the wages of the staff and players that are left.

Gloomy days ahead, me thinks.

I agree it is looking like this to me too at the moment ?

With it being January 8f there was ever a time to be in an embrago is the start as not many moves happen early in January as its a weird window and most happens in the last week. Granted it is best to not be in an embargo altogether especially in the bottom 3 but hopefully we are out of It this week and prep on with signings in the 2 and a bit weeks left. Signings can come out of nowhere and be done quickly as we have all seen in the past. Hopefully aswell with the takeover we should have some pennies to spend aswelk as the first 8 million is profit in